- CrackBerry Abuser
- 457 Posts
How do I know if I'm using wifi or data plan with my z10?
Apologies for what probably seems like a dumb question.
Do I have to manually turn off my cell network when connected to a wifi network? Or does it use the wifi for browsing, app downloads, etc, automatically when the phone shows it's connected to a wifi network?
- CrackBerry Addict
02-18-2013, 06:26 AM #2
- 931 Posts
On your home screen, when you are on Wi-Fi, the "LTE" or "4G" label next to your signal strength meter should be off. If it is on then you are on cellular data, not Wi-Fi.BlackBerry Z10 (10.1.0.273) + BlackBerry Bridge (126.96.36.199) + BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB Wi-Fi (188.8.131.526) = Awesome!
- CrackBerry Master
02-18-2013, 08:11 AM #6
- 1,412 Posts
In any case, the Z10 is a data hog like all the other smartphones (not so smart).
I went from 100MB/ month to 500 since I got it, with marginally more browsing than before on my 9900 with BES and BIS. Using Activesync means now that the messages and attachments are always downloaded to your device, whereas before, you had to click the attachment to download it.Z10
Steve - Besadmin
- CrackBerry User
02-18-2013, 08:26 AM #7
- 85 Posts
Don't worry, your z10 will always use wireless connection whenever you're connected to a wireless network unless you app specially need a mobile network connection.
If you turn off data services from mobile network, you won't be able to do MMS etc, but text messages should be fine. In this case, MMS is an app requires data services from your mobile connection.
Posted via CB10
- 02-18-2013, 09:38 AM #9
- CrackBerry User
02-18-2013, 11:04 AM #10
- 12 Posts
- By Lloyd92 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 12Last Post: 01-25-2011, 12:26 AM
- By RicanMedic78 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 14Last Post: 11-06-2009, 11:27 PM
- By RicanMedic78 in forum BlackBerry Storm2Replies: 14Last Post: 11-06-2009, 11:27 PM
- By dgp2003 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 16Last Post: 01-22-2009, 02:01 PM
- By AidansDadNJ in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 13Last Post: 11-07-2008, 12:30 AM