Not sure how to lock my Z10. I don't mean the lock by pressing the button on top but I want to lock it so I have to input my password in. I know you can set it to lock after 1min of idle time but I want to do it. My 9900 I just used the button on the side to do it but I can't seem to find a way to assign a key to do that. Do we not have the option to password lock this phone without having to wait for the timeout?

Edit- Ok I just found you can hold in the power button for a couple of seconds and you have the option there. Still would like to just hit a button though......
    02-05-13 07:48 PM
    I agree, why is there a 1 minute option and no 'instant' option?
    02-05-13 08:01 PM
    You can press the power button for a while until it shows a screen, on the screen you have the option to lock or restart
    02-05-13 08:43 PM
    U seriously mean I can't lock my z10 instantly????? You got to admit BlackBerry lovers this is lame. I also wish I could resize my images before I send them like my old BlackBerrys. How about the auto text....like I type in ly and it types love you. No instant lock blows. Love my phone but wtf. And where is tether.com for bb10? Come on people.
    08-21-13 04:03 PM
    I'm guessing that if there was an option for locking instantly, there would be a ton of threads complaining about how their phone keeps inadvertently locking.

I would rather push two buttons to lock than have it lock by mistake. If I locked it manually on a regular basis, I may think differently.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 04:14 PM
    U seriously mean I can't lock my z10 instantly?????
    I believe you just have to hold the top button for 1 second ("1 Mississippi") and the option to lock the device or reboot it is offered. I don't mind it. Use that feature all the time.
    08-21-13 04:20 PM
    I'm guessing that if there was an option for locking instantly, there would be a ton of threads complaining about how their phone keeps inadvertently locking.

I would rather push two buttons to lock than have it lock by mistake. If I locked it manually on a regular basis, I may think differently.

Posted via CB10
    I had a bold for quite some time and that has never locked by mistake. I think this is a far fetched scenario. I would love the ability to lock my Z instantly.
    baspeed likes this.
    08-21-13 04:22 PM
    Yeah. But on the bold you had to click the button to lock it, on a touch screen it's much more easier to accidentally "lock the phone" if the button existed. Unless it was a hard button on the side.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 05:11 PM
    Yeah. But on the bold you had to click the button to lock it, on a touch screen it's much more easier to accidentally "lock the phone" if the button existed. Unless it was a hard button on the side.

Posted via CB10
    I was also thinking about a swipe or touch screen push. Accidently locking wouldn't be far fetched at all based on the pocket dialing complaints on this forum.

After thinking about it, I guess there could be an optional setting to lock when pushing the power button (as long as it's optional, I kind of like it the way it is)

One other option, if using a holster or sleeve, it can be set to lock when holstered under security settings.
    der_mit and baspeed like this.
    08-21-13 05:26 PM
    Exactly, I have the flip case so it locks when I close it, with easy password its no bother unlocking it when I need to.
    08-21-13 06:47 PM
    U seriously mean I can't lock my z10 instantly????? You got to admit BlackBerry lovers this is lame. I also wish I could resize my images before I send them like my old BlackBerrys. How about the auto text....like I type in ly and it types love you. No instant lock blows. Love my phone but wtf. And where is tether.com for bb10? Come on people.
    Autotext is still here--under word substitution (in prediction/correction, in language/input, in settings)
    baspeed likes this.
    08-22-13 09:30 AM
    Autotext is still here--under word substitution (in prediction/correction, in language/input, in settings)
    T H a N K y o u! !

Posted via CB10
    bermie2000 likes this.
    08-22-13 04:59 PM