Simple question... how do I wipe my Z10 local calendar?

It was easy on my 9900.... but the Z10 doesn't seem to have the option....neither does the BlackBerry Link software.... arghhh!
    Last edited by Matt J; 02-14-13 at 01:23 PM.
    02-14-13 12:25 PM
    Also curious about this.

My Z10 keeps defaulting to the local calendar cause of the known active sync issues I believe.
    02-14-13 03:43 PM
    I keep deleting calendar entries and they keep coming back. There is no way to just purge the entire calendar?
    02-14-13 06:09 PM
    Can't really help in the deleting bit but yes

When you add new entries and you want another calendar to be set as default, then goto settings >Accounts > Set defaults button below

Hope that helps

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-14-13 06:24 PM
    Can't really help in the deleting bit but yes

When you add new entries and you want another calendar to be set as default, then goto settings >Accounts > Set defaults button below

Hope that helps

Thanks!!
    02-14-13 06:26 PM
    Guys who are having deleting issues, you can hide the local calendar from appearing by opening the calendar app swipe down at the top and click on MANAGE. Remove Local Calendar

deltadiva2 likes this.
    02-14-13 06:31 PM
    Guys who are having deleting issues, you can hide the local calendar from appearing by opening the calendar app swipe down at the top and click on MANAGE. Remove Local Calendar

Thanks... but that only hides it. I do want to use it however.
    02-15-13 06:41 AM
    See... it's this lack of control that drives me nuts. I have recurring calendar entries that always come back, no matter how many times I delete them. I refuse to think that a device wipe is the only way to delete this...
    02-16-13 07:06 AM
    See... it's this lack of control that drives me nuts. I have recurring calendar entries that always come back, no matter how many times I delete them. I refuse to think that a device wipe is the only way to delete this...
    I feel your pain!!!! I just spent hours deleting entries on the local calendar from 2004 - had to reset and NOW they are all back. I don't want to just hide the local calendar as I am sure these entries are using up memory as there are so many of them. I have searched the forums and have not found an answer to this problem.
    02-16-13 08:18 AM
    Yep...same thing with me. I hope the next OS release will be coming soon and will fix this.
    02-16-13 08:31 AM
    Thought of a possible soluntion......What if we deleted the entries on the default calendar on the old phone (Torch) then resync to Z10 using Link? A lot of work but the entires should be gone???
    02-17-13 12:09 PM
    Thought of a possible soluntion......What if we deleted the entries on the default calendar on the old phone (Torch) then resync to Z10 using Link? A lot of work but the entires should be gone???
    Yeah, that might work... but it shouldn't be this hard. BlackBerry needs to step up and give us more control over what is synced, deleted, etc. It absolutely makes no sense that deleted entries keep coming back.
    02-19-13 01:56 PM
    Have you guys found a way of doing this? I made the mistake of syncing Z10 with my work phone (because I wanted to transfer my contacts over) but my calendar - my work calendar, which as a million entries a week!! - has synced into Z10. I can't delete my work phone calendar and resyncing, as I need that

So...any ideas?
    03-22-13 05:25 PM
    No joy here. I have the PITA Local Calendar hidden, but of course the reminders still pop up. I've been showing that calendar only and deleting entries manually but there's still a lot to go.

It occurs to me that if we still had the OS7 style Agenda view, it would be easy to show the offending entries and delete them all...
    Onna808 likes this.
    03-23-13 07:29 AM
    You'll need to disable Work Phone Calendar synchronization by completing the following:

1. Launch the Settings application
    2. Select Internet Mail Account
    3. Select the Gmail address and select Edit
    4. Scroll down and expand Synchronization Options
    5. Slide across to turn OFF
    6. Choose save at top.
    03-23-13 05:57 PM
    I don't have a gmail account?
    03-31-13 10:06 AM
    Have you tried to edit the reoccurring entry and set it to a single event, save it and then delete it? Just wondering...

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 10:19 AM
    Have you tried to edit the reoccurring entry and set it to a single event, save it and then delete it? Just wondering...

Posted via CB10
    I'm having hte same problem, i have tried to set the reminders to single event. but they still keep coming back. This is real irritating as they all keep coming back weekly.

I keep hearing my phone go off, only to see "Courtdate to dispute traffic ticket" so many times before i want to throw my phone at the wall. (dont worry its in an otterbox)
    04-03-13 03:36 PM
    I'm having hte same problem, i have tried to set the reminders to single event. but they still keep coming back. This is real irritating as they all keep coming back weekly.

I keep hearing my phone go off, only to see "Courtdate to dispute traffic ticket" so many times before i want to throw my phone at the wall. (dont worry its in an otterbox)
    There must be a process that is syncing the events back to reoccurring. What calendar is the event associated with on your phone?

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-03-13 06:46 PM
    I have the same problem, I copy my calendar from my 9900 and sync my z10 with Facebook, now I have double of everything, I want the calendar to delete all the doubles

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 06:52 PM
    This calendar business is ugly. When I swapped devices it stopped my calendar from working properly. I can't see any entries after I leave the calendar. Frustrated.
    04-03-13 06:55 PM
    just called tech support, they said there will be a way to delete the local calendar with the 10.1 update. so for now I will just have to delete local calendar entries manually.
    05-17-13 04:53 PM
    I'm now on the 10.1 leak, And have that option. Settings, Accounts, overflow menu (3 vertical dots). There's options there now to clear local calendar and clear local contacts. It worked like magic. I'm in good shape now.

Try it as soon as you can get the 10.1 upgrade.
    Onna808 likes this.
    05-17-13 05:25 PM
    Elessar, Thank you very very much, really annoyed by the Facebook birthday notification on my lock screen. Seemed to be synced into the local calender. Worked like a charm!
    05-18-13 11:37 PM
    Elessar, Thank you very very much, really annoyed by the Facebook birthday notification on my lock screen. Seemed to be synced into the local calender. Worked like a charm!
    I'm glad it worked for you. Cheers.
    05-18-13 11:44 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD