I'm using z10, recently i need check the emails before 30 days but i cannot find it in hubs, i have confirmed those emails still in server, what can i do?
    07-19-14 02:43 AM
    I'm using z10, recently i need check the emails before 30 days but i cannot find it in hubs, i have confirmed those emails still in server, what can i do?
    It depends on the type of email account you're using.

For an ActiveSync account (such as Hotmail or Outlook.com), you can adjust the sync period for an active account. From the home page, swipe down from the top and go to Settings > Accounts and choose the email account. On the "Edit Account" page, tap "Advanced" on the bottom bar. Scroll to the very bottom and Select the "Sync Timeframe you want (i.e., "Forever" to sync all messages).

For an IMAP account (such as Gmail), you have to select the sync period option when setting up the account -- so you'd have to delete and re-add it to make a change. Use the standard email setup, until you get to the screen that gives you the option to toggle on/off contact/calendar sync. Tap "Advanced" at the bottom. Scroll to the very bottom, and set the "Initial Retrieval amount" to "Forever" (or your preferred sync period). You can also set your sync interval here as well.

Note that if making a change means that you'll be syncing a lot of messages, you should be on WiFi, unless you have a very generous data plan.
    As far as I know, the only way to do that now is to delete the e-mail account from your Z10 (Settings->Accounts) and then add that account again, specifying a longer sync period. I believe 10.3 will allow you to search e-mails that are only located on the server.
    mickchan likes this.
    07-19-14 03:16 PM
    It depends on the type of email account you're using.

For an ActiveSync account (such as Hotmail or Outlook.com), you can adjust the sync period for an active account. From the home page, swipe down from the top and go to Settings > Accounts and choose the email account. On the "Edit Account" page, tap "Advanced" on the bottom bar. Scroll to the very bottom and Select the "Sync Timeframe you want (i.e., "Forever" to sync all messages).

For an IMAP account (such as Gmail), you have to select the sync period option when setting up the account -- so you'd have to delete and re-add it to make a change. Use the standard email setup, until you get to the screen that gives you the option to toggle on/off contact/calendar sync. Tap "Advanced" at the bottom. Scroll to the very bottom, and set the "Initial Retrieval amount" to "Forever" (or your preferred sync period). You can also set your sync interval here as well.

Note that if making a change means that you'll be syncing a lot of messages, you should be on WiFi, unless you have a very generous data plan.
    mickchan and Ghyss8888 like this.
    07-19-14 05:20 PM
    Thanks a lot
    07-19-14 09:00 PM
    Glad to help. Cheers.
    mickchan likes this.
    07-19-14 09:57 PM
    Thanks!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 06:13 AM
    There is a "remote search" for Outlook.com account... So if the mail is not listed, the online inbox is searched. Why does'nt that work with G-Mail and the German Freemail.de ?? Did I miss an option??
    I remember I set them up with "keep mails for 2 months"... I don't need more for now... Better was we could change this option without having to setup the account again.

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    07-20-14 07:02 AM
    07-23-14 08:40 PM
    You're welcome!
    07-23-14 08:49 PM