Hey all, this is my first post from the CB app and hoping you all can help me with a few things I haven't found yet.

How do you change the camera resolution? Or is it just one setting out of the box?

Can I change the battery indicator to be a percentage rather than the battery graphic?

Does BB10 let you send a text when declining a phone call?

In the Facebook app, how do I sort to show newest posts first? It seems very random how Facebook is sorting my news feed.

I'm getting used to the Hub, but also like that the text message is a standalone app on my home screen. Can I add an email account to be standalone as well, or at least create a link or bookmark to a specific mail account?

In BlackBerry world I don't see new app updates are available until I click into the app and it says upgrade rather that install. Once I click into the app it then shows up in my notifications, but is there a way to auto download or get auto notified without having to go into the app inside blackberry world?

That's all my questions for now, I've done some searching of the forums from within the CB app but didn't find answers easily so I thought I'd post. Thanks everyone for your help.

I am really enjoying the z10 which I have on Verizon. I used to be an old blackberry user with a curve, storm, tour then bold. After the bold I went to I phone 4, then DROID RAZR max then HTC 8x now on my z10. I'm hoping to stay back with blackberry like I did with my earlier smartphones. So far I'm happy and haven't even side loaded some of my other favorite apps yet.

Thanks again everyone.

Ps: I haven't proofread this yet so hopefully the BlackBerry keyboard is doing me proud and I don't have a lot of typos

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 09:31 PM
    Don't think there's an option to change from the 8MP. Burst shots though are at 6MP resolution

No option to show percentage on the Battery indicator --> you can get wallpaper changer HD to help with that!
    03-29-13 09:45 PM
    Thanks for the tip I am installing that app now. This also showed me that Verizon doesn't have carrier billing but ATT does. No biggie for me though!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 09:51 PM
    To sort thr FB posts by newest first, go to touch.facebook.com on the browser. There you will see settings for sort in the top right corner once you're in the newsfeed. Set it to newest first and after that the App will sort that way as well.
    HTH,
    B.
    lcooksey likes this.
    03-29-13 11:32 PM
    Awesome...Thanks for the Facebook tip it worked perfectly!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 07:20 AM
    So I have had my Blackberry Z10 for four days and have LOVED every second of learning its quirks and foibles. This morning however the icons, messages and everything else is just TOO BIG for the screen... no seriously. I cannot access the phone graphic at the bottom of the screen, all the icons are too big and disappear off to the right or to the bottom and I cannot slide them left to access their options. Have searched myriads of pages to see if anyone else has experienced this. What I have done:
    1. Rebooted the phone to see if the problem goes away - NO
    2. Reset the font size to smaller to see if that helped - NO

And am pretty sure this post is in the wrong place but damned if I can find an icon that says START NEW DISCUSSION - sorry
    04-04-13 02:07 AM
    So I have had my Blackberry Z10 for four days and have LOVED every second of learning its quirks and foibles. This morning however the icons, messages and everything else is just TOO BIG for the screen... no seriously. I cannot access the phone graphic at the bottom of the screen, all the icons are too big and disappear off to the right or to the bottom and I cannot slide them left to access their options. Have searched myriads of pages to see if anyone else has experienced this. What I have done:
    1. Rebooted the phone to see if the problem goes away - NO
    2. Reset the font size to smaller to see if that helped - NO

And am pretty sure this post is in the wrong place but damned if I can find an icon that says START NEW DISCUSSION - sorry
    Yiu probably have the magnifier setting on.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 02:55 AM
    I didn't feel like creating a thread for my current concerns so here they are...

Is there a way to mute the phone while a call comes in? On my 9700 you were able to hit the mute button on top and the phone would continue to ring (or vibrate) but not make a sound...this was convenient when you can't pick up a phone call while in a meeting or simply want it to go to voicemail...(if you hit the ignore button right away then the caller would know you are ignoring them)...

Is there a way to stop the spacebar from being included in predictive text?... More often than not, i want to make a space and it gives me a blue predictive word covering the whole spacebar forcing me to put a word i don't want, aside from that when i want to flick a word from the spacebar it ends up minimizing the window (thinking i swiped up from the bezel) when i actually flicked from the spacebar...this can get very annoying when typing...

I have ringtones that i saved in the remember app (to avoid the music player list), some are wav. files...the z10 can play them when selected but when you set them as your ringtone they don't play and instead plays a stock ringtone...same goes for trying to set alerts for emails, text, etc...

Anybody have solutions, or workarounds for these minor gripes??
    04-04-13 04:02 AM
    You have the magnifier mode on. While it is on swipe down from top with 2 fingers to toggle, move by dragging 2 fingers, you can pinch to zoom

If you don't want magnifier mode to be enabled, go to settings-> accessibility and disable the feature
    04-04-13 07:12 AM
    Is there a way to mute the phone while a call comes in?
    Press the middle button where the Volume Up & Volume Down buttons are. It will mute your call as required without killing the call.
    omega supreme likes this.
    04-04-13 07:39 AM
    Is there a way to stop the spacebar from being included in predictive text?... More often than not, i want to make a space and it gives me a blue predictive word covering the whole spacebar forcing me to put a word i don't want, aside from that when i want to flick a word from the spacebar it ends up minimizing the window (thinking i swiped up from the bezel) when i actually flicked from the spacebar...this can get very annoying when typing...
    Not sure I understand what you mean by stopping the spacebar from being included in predictive text. You will get a blue predictive word only if you have begun with the first letter of a word, or if your cursor is still resting next to the end of the previous word, and the keyboard is still trying to predict what you want to type. Otherwise, the blue words will not show. The spacebar will show the whole word only when it thinks that is the word you want. If it isn't, don't tap on the spacebar; look for the word you want somewhere in-letters, and flick it. After a few times, it would have learnt that you have a preference for your choice word, and that word would drop onto the spacebar for you.

If you flick the word above the spacebar too hard, yes, you will minimize the frame. You need to flick softly.
    04-04-13 07:46 AM
    I have ringtones that i saved in the remember app (to avoid the music player list), some are wav. files...the z10 can play them when selected but when you set them as your ringtone they don't play and instead plays a stock ringtone...same goes for trying to set alerts for emails, text, etc...
    I have some music files that I just tested for sms alert. It works for me. Check your settings again?
    04-04-13 07:58 AM
    I have some music files that I just tested for sms alert. It works for me. Check your settings again?
    but are they wav files? ... i don't know what you mean by checking my settings... if i go to the profiles and look under sms it shows the tone i have selected those being the ones i transfered from my bold 9700. you would think it would play it if it allowed me to select it with no problem but the sound that i get when a message actually comes in is one of the very few stock tones or ring tones.
    04-07-13 07:23 PM
    Not sure I understand what you mean by stopping the spacebar from being included in predictive text. You will get a blue predictive word only if you have begun with the first letter of a word, or if your cursor is still resting next to the end of the previous word, and the keyboard is still trying to predict what you want to type. Otherwise, the blue words will not show. The spacebar will show the whole word only when it thinks that is the word you want. If it isn't, don't tap on the spacebar; look for the word you want somewhere in-letters, and flick it. After a few times, it would have learnt that you have a preference for your choice word, and that word would drop onto the spacebar for you.

If you flick the word above the spacebar too hard, yes, you will minimize the frame. You need to flick softly.
    you said it yourself; so if i want to create a space to start my next word the space bar is being occupied by the word it thinks i want so i end up pressing the space bar and delete the word it gave me just to create a space.
    04-07-13 07:26 PM
    How do you screen grab on the Z10, do I have to get an app or can the phone itself do it?
    04-07-13 07:43 PM
    How do you screen grab on the Z10, do I have to get an app or can the phone itself do it?
    hit the volume keys at the same time.
    04-07-13 08:08 PM
    When you say the text app on here is stand alone what do you mean? I know when I try to get it to go into the active screen it will not. BBM will and most other things.. it's been bugging me also that I have to swipe out of testing just so it's back at the hub ready for new messages. It seems like I have to swipe more than I should. Is there a reason for this?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 10:46 PM
    To mute the phone when receiving calls just tap the name of the caller on the screen and the phone. When you accept the call you swipe down right? Now just tap the name without swiping down and the phone will stop making sound but the call is not ignored.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 11:22 PM