My random reboots are gone.

I didn't install any leaks or updates after the rebooting began, I didn't install or delete any apps, and my reboots stopped about a week ago. (random reboots happened every night for almost two weeks)

So it solved itself, nothing had changed and the problem is gone. Can anyone explain that?

Wait a few weeks and get back to us.

I've also seen a couple of reports of people whose mobile carrier had provisioned their BB10 devices with an old "BIS SIM" or "BIS account" - which is for the older blackberry proprietary network provisioning, and then turned that off or gave them a different SIM, and it worked better after that. There may be a bunch of incorrectly-provisioned devices out there, and some carriers may be making changes on that now.
    John Pawling likes this.
    05-31-13 06:11 AM
    My random reboots are gone.

I didn't install any leaks or updates after the rebooting began, I didn't install or delete any apps, and my reboots stopped about a week ago. (random reboots happened every night for almost two weeks)

So it solved itself, nothing had changed and the problem is gone. Can anyone explain that?

Posted via CB10
    You are pretty so it fixed itself for you.

Haha

~STV
    John Pawling and kimoi like this.
    05-31-13 06:34 AM
    Well after one week without nightly reboots, I had one last night. The inconsistency about this is staggering...

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 07:50 AM
    Mine didn't reboot on stock os; started to reboot on the first two leaks I installed (can't remember the first to versions), but it has been rock solid since loading 2009 leak. I have skipped every leak since that install since it has performed so well for me. I know others have had different experiences however. For me, anyway, it appeared to be a software issue.
    05-31-13 08:25 AM
    Mine rebooted again. Epic disregard the potential connection to Newsstand. Should have known that was too good to be true.

I realized that while it may seem like my primary Z10 that I use doesn't reboot, it could just be lack of testing in the way I have tested my secondary one. It reboots once every 24-36 hours of inactivity.

I constantly hammer on my main device and therefore change battery every 12 hours anyway so maybe this one would reboot too. Idk

~STV
    John Pawling likes this.
    05-31-13 08:36 AM
    Mine rebooted again. Epic disregard the potential connection to Newsstand. Should have known that was too good to be true.

I realized that while it may seem like my primary Z10 that I use doesn't reboot, it could just be lack of testing in the way I have tested my secondary one. It reboots once every 24-36 hours of inactivity.

I constantly hammer on my main device and therefore change battery every 12 hours anyway so maybe this one would reboot too. Idk

~STV
    Your Newstand idea is still holding up for me on .2009, no reboots since I deleted it *knocks on wood*

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 05:34 PM
    I say it is all somewhat battery related. Look at the screwed up recharge counts in Battery Guru. Mine says it has 2,602 charge cycles since April. Bull!
    It's not the app, it's something screwed up in the OS or the battery circuits that report to the OS. It even counts up without charging. It counts back down after reboots. My PLAYBOOK is almost two years old and only has 290 cycles.
    That would explain that the majority of reboots happens when on the charger. I say the way the OS communicates with the battery is what needs fixed.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 07:27 PM
    See, now it is up to 2,603 and it is nowhere NEAR the charger...

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 07:34 PM
    If you haven't tried the 10.1.0.2342 leak. You need to. I have not had a reboot since loading and I was having 1-2 reboots per day.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 08:03 PM
    I say it is all somewhat battery related. Look at the screwed up recharge counts in Battery Guru. Mine says it has 2,602 charge cycles since April. Bull!
    It's not the app, it's something screwed up in the OS or the battery circuits that report to the OS. It even counts up without charging. It counts back down after reboots. My PLAYBOOK is almost two years old and only has 290 cycles.

Peter the Battery Guru developer has pointed out many times that that number (retrieved from an OS API) is bogus. Matter of fact, it says so right in the app, if you touch the "i" icon next to the number on that page:

"This should show the approximate number of battery recharges to date. It appears to be unimplmented in this version of the OS (on all devices tested so far), as it counts up far more often than it should."

That would explain that the majority of reboots happens when on the charger. I say the way the OS communicates with the battery is what needs fixed.

I would agree that there does seem to be something "funky" about how the Z10 charges.
    05-31-13 08:51 PM
    I know that Peter said that, and I saw that in the app as well. That shows that there is something not quiet sorted out on this OS, as the app shows what the OS reports and that is evidently garbage what it reports.
    The PlayBook, also QNX based doesn't have that problem. The app there reports correctly. So either it is the OS that has some crap code in it, or the battery communications circuits are wonky. I say that the OS doesn't handle the battery correctly and the nightly reboots when on the charger are related to that.
    For all those that have reboots during the day when not charging, it still might be the same issue, because the OS still reports crap data from the battery. It also Constantly changes the battery health. It shows different after every reboot. When it reboots when charging, it shows up to 102%. There is no such thing as 102%. 100% is maximum, period.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 10:44 PM
    See my Random Reboot Survival Guide thread.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 11:37 AM
    I have zero reboots since loading 2354 on my device. This OS has been a really smooth experience for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 12:31 PM
    Only way to find out is to send both devices to blackberry have them do a full inspection of both devices and let them report there findings.
    06-02-13 12:38 PM
114 ... 345