In my SD card i have a folder with Ring tones and another Folder with music but when i go to the Music player it plays all the sound files that it finds on the SD card, is there a way that i can change this? i only want it to play the files in the Music Folder.

thank you for your help!
    03-07-13 09:28 AM
    Yeah. Plug phone into a pc.
    Explore to the ring tone foder.
    Right click for the file properties. You can then change the genre to ring tones. Or the album title to ring tones.

You can further personalise the folder by putting a little pic of a phone. Rename the pic to "Folder" that will become the album art

Cheers
    03-07-13 10:05 AM
    Sorry guys, I think it's a general problem and must fix in the next OS update!

I don't change any folder before on my other BlackBerry's and i didn't do that with BlackBerry 10!

Well, another point is I'm using the Caustic App on my Z10 with a lot of my own samples! The root Folder for Caustic is under misc folder on the device and the sounds are in a separate sample folder in The Caustic main folder!

I don't why the Music Library search in system folders for music!
    It is pretty cool to scroll between 1000 samples to find my main music tracks!

And the coolest thing is that you don't find the path for the tones that comes with the Z10!

I hope they gonna fix it soon!

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    DJM626 likes this.
    03-07-13 11:45 AM
    For now I created a play list with the ring tones removed. I only have a few hundred songs, so it only took me 10 minutes

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    03-07-13 11:50 AM
    Thank you guys for all your help, i ended up doing what der_mit suggested, and i hope they do fix this on the next software update and all the little things they left out that made Blackberry so awesome when i had my 9900.
    03-07-13 12:01 PM
    My work around is for ad hoc music files that don't have the tags filed in and his ring tones more than likely don't.
    Of course if you buy music or copy a cd all the tags will be in place and nothing will need to be edited.

The z10 music app is fine as far as I'm concerned. Nothing wrong with it
    03-07-13 12:12 PM
    its so simple. just put the ringtone in the voice folder. done! this is how you do it.
    01-29-14 05:59 PM
    its so simple. just put the ringtone in the voice folder. done! this is how you do it.
    And can you explain exactly how you would do this?

If you can post a screen shot, that would be even better

Thanks
    01-29-14 06:03 PM
    And can you explain exactly how you would do this?

If you can post a screen shot, that would be even better

Thanks

I was curious.. and he is right it works,

On my Z10 the native music player finds 256 songs, I then "moved" my folder containing my 80's TV theme tunes (don't ask) into the VOICE folder and voila my music was down to 242 songs, tested it by playing All music and it worked fine
    This i did from my SD card.

Digicel Jamaica Official10.2.1.1925 release
    FF22 likes this.
    01-29-14 08:25 PM
    .......oops, just realized the original question was asked nearly a year ago.....

01-29-14 08:27 PM
    .......oops, just realized the original question was asked nearly a year ago.....

That's a lot of pages to back read.

Apparently still relevant. I too put mine in the sdcard's voice folder.

DJM did you figure out how to move them?
    01-30-14 11:13 AM
    That's a lot of pages to back read.

Apparently still relevant. I too put mine in the sdcard's voice folder.

DJM did you figure out how to move them?
    I did not presently

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 11:18 AM
    I did not presently

Posted via CB10
    Go to File Manager, bottom left, toggle to "media card" >long press on the folder with the ring tones > choose "move" from the side menu that appears > backspace>open voice folder >click "move" at top right of screen

01-30-14 12:32 PM
    I guess since I don't play random or ALL music, it is generally not an problem.

But I would probably have to re-establish my ringtones if I moved them to another folder (or do the tunes attach to the notifications once you use them. In other words, will Gmail tune be lost if I move the mp3 to another folder?
    01-30-14 01:17 PM
    Go to File Manager, bottom left, toggle to "media card" >long press on the folder with the ring tones > choose "move" from the side menu that appears > backspace>open voice folder >click "move" at top right of screen

I don't have have anything that says move from the side menu. It's not an option for me

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 01:37 PM
    I don't have have anything that says move from the side menu. It's not an option for me

Posted via CB10
    ?, when you LONG press on a folder in File Manager nothing happens? Like this?
    How can I separate ring tones from music when running the Music App?-img_20140130_152756.png

01-30-14 02:29 PM
    I get that but nothing that says move to or anything from the side as you referred

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 02:36 PM
    I get that but nothing that says move to or anything from the side as you referred

Posted via CB10
    It's the 1st folder icon (with arrow)you see on the side menu pictured. Once you press on it the description will pull out of it and it will say "move". Once you do that, backtrack to your sd card and figure out what folder you want to move them to... you should now see a button on the top right of your screen that will actually move all your selected files.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 02:56 PM
    Touch the too part of the menu/selections on the side and......
    How can I separate ring tones from music when running the Music App?-img_20140130_162015.png

01-30-14 03:23 PM
    put it in the voice folder
    02-10-14 02:15 AM
    Yeah. Plug phone into a pc.
    Explore to the ring tone foder.
    Right click for the file properties. You can then change the genre to ring tones. Or the album title to ring tones.

You can further personalise the folder by putting a little pic of a phone. Rename the pic to "Folder" that will become the album art

Cheers
    I'll ask: Is "Ring Tone" one or two words? "ringtone" or "ring tone"

thanks in advance
    02-10-14 11:35 AM