I am finding very difficult to understand why some of very popular and useful options from previous OS 7.1, have not been provided in BB10 like;
    1. How to save emails in Z10?. I saved some emails in 2008 on BB 9500 and these were available on 9860 till I shifted to Z10. Is filing of email provide same faciltiy?
    2. Service light green is not included in Z10 while it was the trademark of BB devices.
    3. Syncing with outlook both ways has not been available yet.
    03-30-13 07:35 PM
    I am finding very difficult to understand why some of very popular and useful options from previous OS 7.1, have not been provided in BB10 like;
    1. How to save emails in Z10?. I saved some emails in 2008 on BB 9500 and these were available on 9860 till I shifted to Z10. Is filing of email provide same faciltiy?
    2. Service light green is not included in Z10 while it was the trademark of BB devices.
    3. Syncing with outlook both ways has not been available yet.

I don't know what you mean by save. From the device or desktop manager or ? I just looked on my OS6 device and see the "save" item on the menu for a message but honestly I don't even know what it does. It only saves it locally on the device, not externally?

"Green service light" not only uses up a lot of battery energy, most people really don't want that. For those that do, you can install a 3rd party app that will give it to you.

Re: Outlook sync, most people today do this with various cloud services, which provide additional advantages as well. Blackberry Link is supposed to get an update with bidirectional Outlook sync within the next few weeks or so. At the present time it can import contacts and calendar items from Outlook.
    03-30-13 07:41 PM
    Some more popular ones are;
    1. Automatically adding BCC in account setting. Missing in Z10, everytime it is painful to hide keypad and write email id.
    2. setting customised ringtone for different email id. it was very useful. some email ids not vey imprtant like forums etc, I used to set silent. No such facility in Z10. Very irritating to get same ringtone for some unnecessary emails.
    03-30-13 07:47 PM
    arguing in support of Z10, its ok. I am too regular user of BB since last 8 years, but what I am trying to put forward that some popular options in earlier OS should have been provided. Its upto a users whether, they use it or not.
    h20work likes this.
    03-30-13 07:50 PM
    1. Automatically adding BCC in account setting. Missing in Z10, everytime it is painful to hide keypad and write email id.

I believe that was mostly used by people using POP3 email systems because it's the easiest way to get a copy of sent messages on a device that didn't originally send the message. It's a workaround to a limitation of the architecture.

Since most people today are using more modern email protocols, they no longer have to worry about that.

2. setting customised ringtone for different email id. it was very useful. some email ids not vey imprtant like forums etc, I used to set silent. No such facility in Z10. Very irritating to get same ringtone for some unnecessary emails.

Please look at the "Hub++" app in Blackberry World. You can set all sorts of filters to adapt notifications, among various other features. (I don't know if Hub++ will give you the "green service light", but a competitor's app called "Color LED Message" does I am pretty sure. I wouldn't install both at the same time though.)

Some notification features are still not available in 3rd party apps because the OS APIs are just not there. However since improvements to notifications (including returning some of the classic BBOS notification features, like custom profiles) seem to be one of the most often asked-for enhancements for BB10, I have a feeling they will add at least some of those capabilities back to the OS.
    03-30-13 08:21 PM
    I don't know what you mean by save. From the device or desktop manager or ? I just looked on my OS6 device and see the "save" item on the menu for a message but honestly I don't even know what it does. It only saves it locally on the device, not externally? , , , ,
    Omnitech, on previous BB OS's, there was an option to "save" any email and it would go into a "Saved" folder, which you could then display on your homescreen. I used to keep important emails there as a backup to the backups. I would like to see it back as an option,also..
    03-30-13 11:18 PM
    Hey I believe if you flag your email it saves straight to BlackBerry Remember and can be filed there. This works for me when I want to save an email

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 01:54 AM
    Hey I believe if you flag your email it saves straight to BlackBerry Remember and can be filed there. This works for me when I want to save an email

Right you are. It appears to save it with the email message itself as an attachment.

However:

• If you UNflag it, it changes the status in "Remember" to "Completed"
    • If you delete the original, it deletes it in "Remember" too.
    03-31-13 11:59 AM
    I am filing emails but it is being saved in one of the folder in that email account. How to get it filed in "remember".

Prithvi, pin:24C7DBA9 z10 thru CB10
    04-01-13 10:09 PM
    Just flag it. It goes to Remember automatically.
    04-01-13 10:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    I believe that currently, the email will only be saved for thirty days.
    04-01-13 10:27 PM
    Yes. True by flagging, it goes in remember folder but saving of emails is different. The moment I delete the mail from email folder it gets deleted automatically from remember too. I meant how to save emails locally on device so that it could be available on device even after deleting mail from inbox similar to os 7.

Prithvi, pin:24C7DBA9 z10 thru CB10
    04-01-13 11:40 PM
    Yes. True by flagging, it goes in remember folder but saving of emails is different. The moment I delete the mail from email folder it gets deleted automatically from remember too. I meant how to save emails locally on device so that it could be available on device even after deleting mail from inbox similar to os 7.

I don't think that feature exists in the current email client. Most people are probably going to just use the "file" option with IMAP or EAS and either archive it through a desktop client or download it via the webmail interface or something like that.
    04-02-13 10:39 PM
    I am able to save an e-mail on the z10 by selecting the email from the Hub, then selecting the tree dots icon at the bottom of the screen and finally selecting 'File". It saves it to a sympatico folder but I am not sure how to access this folder on the bb itself after I have 'filed' it. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
    06-30-13 02:29 PM
    I am able to save an e-mail on the z10 by selecting the email from the Hub, then selecting the tree dots icon at the bottom of the screen and finally selecting 'File". It saves it to a sympatico folder but I am not sure how to access this folder on the bb itself after I have 'filed' it. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
    You will see a dropdown on top. Once you click on it, you can expand the list of folders.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 02:40 PM
    I don't have the save or file feature to save emails or texts. Is there another way to save?
    08-29-13 03:36 PM
    I don't have the save or file feature to save emails or texts. Is there another way to save?

The "flag" option should be available for any email account on a Z10. Emails that are flagged are visible in the Remember app.

It's just that it gets removed whenever the view of that message in the Hub removes it. (ie based on expiration or sync timeframe setting)

There is an app in BlackBerry World that claims to save email messages, it's called "Email Archiver".
    08-29-13 04:29 PM
    No issues with outlook here.
    08-29-13 04:52 PM