My phone died a few days ago. It blue screened and I pulled the battery and eventually blue screened again after booting up. After a few times of this routine the phone stopped booting up. When I take the battery out of the phone and plug in either the wall or usb to computer, the phone shows a solid red light for 5-10 seconds then shuts off. The screen doesn't show anything during that process, it is blank.

To be honest, I don't care about the phone, but just want to recover my pictures and maybe some contacts that are on the internal memory. No it isn't saved on my external micro SD if you are wondering.

Someone mentioned that I might be able to reinstall just the OS partition without wiping the rest of the memory?

The ultimate goal is to recover some photos and contact information.

Thank you for your help,
    -Gordon
    09-08-15 07:30 PM
    If you can't turn your phone on there isn't much you can do. Link needs the phone to be turned on. Installing an OS ota or with Sachesi requires the phone to be turned on. Using an autoloader will wipe the phone, so all your info will be lost anyway, and it also requires the phone to be on.

Think of it like a PC, if the PC breaks and doesn't turn on anymore you're sol. Any mobile OS and/or hardware works the exact same way.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    09-08-15 08:06 PM
    I don't fully agree...if your PC dies you can interface with the hard drive, regardless of OS corruption, through the use of another PC to retrieve the information; assuming the file pointers have not been corrupted as well. I think Gordon is trying to ask if there is another way to access the internal nand memory through either interfacing with some device or reader.

Sorry bud, I don't know of anything like that, and it seems like your main problem would be if the internal flash memory is also encrypted.

I would be interested in a solution for this as well, but seems like there is no off the shelf solution, but maybe a DIY or homemade.
    09-08-15 09:36 PM