Hi there,

Can anyone help me with moving my whatsapp chat history from Blackberry 10 (z10) to Android?

I do have the whatsapp backup with me.

Please help me out.
    11-02-15 04:52 PM
    Whatasapp will automatically move the history with your account. As soon as you sign the credentials in the transfer will happen.
    11-02-15 09:14 PM
    It's impossible. Whatsapp does not move chat from one OS to another cos the chats are saved on the phone and in a format only that OS can decrypt.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 09:34 PM
    Hi there,

Can anyone help me with moving my whatsapp chat history from Blackberry 10 (z10) to Android?

I do have the whatsapp backup with me.

Please help me out.
    Check your whatsapp setting, top swipe down and the bezel. and also Check on the whatsapp history is save at media card or device . The alternative re-install whatsapp in new or exists phone , and then whatsapp will appear for restore history.

Z10/STL100-2 OS 10.3.2. 2789
    11-03-15 07:35 PM
    11-17-15 10:01 AM
    But can I keep the chats platform if I don't activate another WhatsApp on the BlackBerry leap (old phone) cos I still have the phone with me
    12-30-17 12:25 PM
    But can I keep the chats platform if I don't activate another WhatsApp on the BlackBerry leap (old phone) cos I still have the phone with me
    Unless the phone number is different WhatsApp will only work on one platform at a time.
    12-30-17 01:38 PM
    I am trying to get around the expiration date on OS10 by installing the Android version on my Z30. Before doing that, I told my native version to create an Android backup. The first time I tried, it froze at about 50% done (let it run for almost a full day). So, I cancelled and tried again. This time it stalled at about 80%. Cancelled again, but now I get an error message saying "Could not complete the conversation export due to an error." This happens when doing the "Saving exported message history" section.

I would like to delete the file(s) and try again, but not sure where it is located and the name.

Any ideas?
    12-30-17 02:41 PM
    Thanks for your reply, I know it's only one WhatsApp will work with but I just want d assurance I can keep the chats history loaded on the phone and never activate another WhatsApp on the black Berry in other not to loose the chats
    12-30-17 03:08 PM
    These steps helped me: https://forums.crackberry.com/ask-qu...-50-a-1092204/

I did this a little while ago so hoping it's still fresh.

- Insert your SD card to your old phone.
    - Go to WA settings and there is an option to back up your chats. Sorry but don't remember which section it's under. Back up to your SD card
    - Transfer SD card to your new phone and then download and install WA. DO NOT open the app or go through the setup process yet!
    - Download a file manager from Google play store. I'm using Asus File Manager
    - Cut and paste/Move the WA files from your SD card to the WA folders on your phones internal memory using the file manager. Copy all the files from your SD card to the correct folders on your phones internal memory.
    - Once you open WA you should see an option to restore chats. This will appear, IIRC, after you enter your phone number.

Note: If you already have WA running on your D50 it will not work (uninstall and reinstall WA) and start from the file manager step above
    Use the "unsupported export back up for Android". It worked for me but WhatsApp just doesn't give support for this feature. You will need this backup to transfer information from one to another client. You can also just to be sure backup in BB format but these backups can't be read by the Android app.

About activation and using 2 apps:
    You can't. I had WA Android activated and the WA BB stopped working after a message about you are only able to run one WA app on a phone. This means you can't access the old chats. Use method above to transfer chats, images and more to your new WA Android app.
    12-30-17 04:10 PM
    Wow but don't think this will work with an iPhone? Do you know if it can work for iPhone pls thanks
    12-30-17 04:55 PM
    Wow but don't think this will work with an iPhone? Do you know if it can work for iPhone pls thanks
    It won't work on iPhone. There's a chance you may lose access to your chats once the app stops working,

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post13102617

Your best bet is to export your chats via email before the app stops working,

https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/bb10/27571777
    12-30-17 08:39 PM
    Turned out my SD card was toast. I now have an Android backup. Is there a step-by-step procedure anywhere on how to go from a native OS10 version of Whatsapp to the Andriod version running on a Z30? I need to pull this off in the next 29 hours.
    12-30-17 08:56 PM
    Turned out my SD card was toast. I now have an Android backup. Is there a step-by-step procedure anywhere on how to go from a native OS10 version of Whatsapp to the Andriod version running on a Z30? I need to pull this off in the next 29 hours.
    First off, don't panic. Your phone isn't going to explode in 29 hours no matter what.

There are ways to do it but, for the best experience, you are going to need an SD card. The Android version doesn't integrate into the device storage on its own so you need an SD card in order to send media.
    12-30-17 09:05 PM
    SO, the Android version of Whatsapp is incredibly easy to install. Get the official apk file directly from their website. Here:

https://www.whatsapp.com/android/

BUT, as I mentioned in the above post, sending media doesn't work 'out-of-the-box' so you need to patch it. And a working SD card is required for this. Find info on this thread:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...olved-1108531/

There is also a version that was created specifically for BB10 by a 3rd party developer. And it's always nice to give back to the devs still supporting BB10. You can find out information about that app here:

https://m.crackberry.com/whatsup10-n...eIFZT8O6Ltk.97

And, remember, don't panic... as even if you're without Whatsapp for a few hours, so long as CB doesn't explode along with your phone, you should be able to get back up and running again with the help from these forums.

Tip: use Google. Somehow googling " Crackberry + whateveryoursearchisfor" always brings far better results than the search feature in the CB10 app. Not sure why that is... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    12-30-17 09:25 PM
    I have the new SD card otherwise I wouldn't be able to create the Android export. My phone may not explode on 1/1/18, but my international clients might. I use Whatsapp to keep in contact with my European and MENA clients and staff. So, I do have some pressure on getting it done tomorrow.
    12-30-17 09:55 PM
    I have the latest apk and have looked through the instructions on how to fix the Android issue with sharing media files. What I can't find is instructions on how to get the Android version to see the export. Does it need to be placed in a specific directory location before or after installing the apk? Any help on that would be greatly appreciated.
    12-30-17 10:08 PM
    I have the latest apk and have looked through the instructions on how to fix the Android issue with sharing media files. What I can't find is instructions on how to get the Android version to see the export. Does it need to be placed in a specific directory location before or after installing the apk? Any help on that would be greatly appreciated.
    See this post,

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post13096050
    12-30-17 10:46 PM
    I have the new SD card otherwise I wouldn't be able to create the Android export. My phone may not explode on 1/1/18, but my international clients might. I use Whatsapp to keep in contact with my European and MENA clients and staff. So, I do have some pressure on getting it done tomorrow.
    Hmm... well, unfortunately, I switched to the Android version sometime ago and carrying over the chat history was not as much as a priority as being able to keep using the service on BB10, even if it were in limited form. Hopefully someone can help you though!

And, I hope that you aren't serious that your international clients might explode... because IF using Whatsapp is absolutely crucial to you or your business, then it actually might be about time you consider moving from BB10. I mean, that was the official 'suggestion' from the native version of the app for pretty well all of 2017. I really didn't want to be that guy just telling you to buy a new phone but, hey, we've all got different needs and priorities.
    12-30-17 10:58 PM
    And, I hope that you aren't serious that your international clients might explode... because IF using Whatsapp is absolutely crucial to you or your business, then it actually might be about time you consider moving from BB10. I mean, that was the official 'suggestion' from the native version of the app for pretty well all of 2017. I really didn't want to be that guy just telling you to buy a new phone but, hey, we've all got different needs and priorities.
    Agreed, the Android app could prolong your use of BB10 but the best solution if WhatsApp is a mission critical app is to get an iOS or Android device for continued support.
    12-30-17 11:30 PM
    They won't explode, but it would be a nuisance and I really hate changing phones when my Z30 works so well for everything else.
    12-31-17 12:25 AM
    I keep getting a message that Whatsapp is down when trying to add my phone number to the new Android install.
    12-31-17 01:27 PM
    Guys, there's a worldwide outage of WhatsApp, so don't panic. My suggestion is that you try to send your chats over through email just in case and try again later registering on the Android app and restoring your history.

Take note that if you've already prepared the "backup" file for Android, you can use it anytime later. Right now we're temporarily locked out from registering through WhatsApp. I have a KEYᵒⁿᵉ and was having issues downloading media, thought it was related to my device, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and now get the same error message.

I don't think it has anything to do with using the Android app on BB10.
    12-31-17 01:49 PM
    Good to know. I am also having an issue running WhatsFixer. I deleted BB version, installed Android version. Used Device Monitor to stop WhatsApp but WhatsFixer doesn't finish. I just get the gray Done button and it was been running for about 15 minutes. Any idea how long it should take or if I should do something else? I saw this issue on another thread and they said to move the media manually, but didn't give any steps of from/to.
    12-31-17 01:54 PM
    Finally figured it out. Here is the exact procedure. 1) Create the Android export from the BB10 version. It will go into the directory Media Card/Whatsapp/Databases. It will also create a folder Media Card/Whatsapp/Media. 2) Take the entire Whatsapp folder and copy or move it to Device/misc/android/. 3) Uninstall Whatsapp BB version. 4) Install Whatsapp Android version BUT DO NOT OPEN IT. 5) Run WhatsFixer. 6) Open and register Whatsapp Android version.
    01-02-18 10:54 PM