Hi guys,

Recently my Z10 slipped off my hand and onto a hot race track which cracked the screen and now the touch screen is not functioning. So then i decided to backup the Z10 and to also make a device switch to a Z3.

Both Z10 and Z3 is currently running on OS 10.3 which i find troublesome as it request you to re-login your BB ID on the phone every time i want to do a back up on my PC (windows).

The problem I'm encountering now is that i cannot perform a device switch because on BB Link it says "the device is not associated with a BB ID". I've been using the Z10 for the past 2 years and it has always been linked to my BB ID.

Can someone assist me on how to do the device switch with this current condition.

Thank you
    04-13-15 12:15 AM
    As long as your Z3 is running the same OS as the Z10, you may be able to just restore your most recent full backup from your Z10, directly to your Z3 through BB Link. Afterwards go into Settings > Device Connections and edit the device name to reflect the correct name for your Z3. It'll have the Z10's name in its place. You'll be effectively doing a device switch that way.

Posted via CB10
    As long as your Z3 is running the same OS as the Z10, you may be able to just restore your most recent full backup from your Z10, directly to your Z3 through BB Link. Afterwards go into Settings > Device Connections and edit the device name to reflect the correct name for your Z3. It'll have the Z10's name in its place. You'll be effectively doing a device switch that way.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 12:27 AM
    Thank you very much! I'll try that later today and will keep u updated if it works.

But do you mean plugging in both phones at the same time to the computer?
    04-13-15 12:45 AM

I tried linking both device at the same time to my computer, it still request for the Z10 to be logged into a BB ID. This really sucks. What a disappointment. I've re-login my BB ID almost 5 times before the screen cracked and it still prompts to login my BB ID every time the phone restarts.

Is there anyway to do this? or do I have to go with the final solution of getting a new screen for the Z10 just to do a device switch?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 09:29 AM
    Have you tried plugging your Z10 into some sort of display with an HDMI cable, through the micro HDMI port? That way you may be able to see the screen and log in with your BB ID if the digitizer is not messed up also.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 10:02 PM