I have z10 100-3, and a Samsung smart tv, I just wanted to know how do I stream from my phone, similar to miracast but sadly the phone doesnt have miracast

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 08:17 AM
    There are a couple of ways, the quickest and easiest way is to directly connect the Z10 with a cable, micro HDMI to HDMI, you can find them on ebay or Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/BlueRigger-Spe...UvbUpU10640992

You can also use a solution like Playon or Plex....

PlayOn | Watch Online Shows, Movies on Your TV, Smartphone and More | PlayOn | PlayOn

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=xR8OCbqX

Also your Smart TV might have a DLNA app already built in to it that could connect to your phone.
    There are a couple of ways, the quickest and easiest way is to directly connect the Z10 with a cable, micro HDMI to HDMI, you can find them on ebay or Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/BlueRigger-Spe...UvbUpU10640992

You can also use a solution like Playon or Plex....

PlayOn | Watch Online Shows, Movies on Your TV, Smartphone and More | PlayOn | PlayOn

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=xR8OCbqX

Also your Smart TV might have a DLNA app already built in to it that could connect to your phone.
    07-25-14 08:41 AM
    You get a mini hdmi cable and plug it in.
    jose_trevizo likes this.
    07-25-14 08:42 AM
    Or you can use a standard hdmi cable with the multimedia dock.

Z10/white/100-2/10.2.1.3247
    07-25-14 08:43 AM
    Is there a way to do it wirelessly. , can someone tell me more about dlna

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 08:58 AM
    dnla can let you get local media like photos, audio, video on a compatible device. I personally haven't had great luck with it but that's what DLNA provides.
    07-25-14 08:59 AM
    So how do you connect dlna with phone

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 09:03 AM
    So how do you connect dlna with phone

Posted via CB10
    Go to setting, Media Sharing and turn on what you want shared

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 09:13 AM
    Samsung has a version of DLNA called "AllShare" which works beautifully with other Samsung devices such as phones and tablets, less well so for devices from other brand names.

First, make sure both your phone and your tv are connected to the same wifi network.

Next, you have to go into your media sharing settings on your Z10 and check the boxes for music, photos and/or videos (whichever ones you wish) , plus allow the Samsung tv to be on the list of shared devices. The list might not show the name of the Samsung tv, it might simply show the ip address of your tv. If you don't know this, go into the network settings of your TV to find it.

Next, you have to go to the home screen on your TV and select "devices" and your Z10 should be listed there. This will allow the music, video and photo files on your Z10 to be accessed by the TV.

Posted via CB10
    [Edited to add detail about checking the boxes and to correct some grammar.]
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 07-26-14 at 12:43 PM.
    FF22, laketrout73 and Y. Z. like this.
    07-25-14 10:27 AM
    As noted above I use dlna with my Samsung TV and /or receiver as well.

When my devices can't handle dlna I use a micro hdmi wire.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 12:47 PM
    Samsung has a version of DLNA called "AllShare" which works beautifully with other Samsung devices such as phones and tablets, less well so for devices from other brand names.

First, make sure both your phone and your tv are connected to the same wifi network.

Next, you have to go into your media sharing settings on your Z10 and allow the Samsung tv to be on the list of shared devices. The list might not show the name of the Samsung tv, it might simply show the ip address of your tv. If you don't know this, go into the network settings of your TV to find it.

Next, you have to go to the home screen on your TV and select "devices" and your Z10 should listed there. This will music, video and photo files on your Z10 to be accessed by the TV.

Posted via CB10
    I might have to be mercenary and buy a Smart TV from Costco to see if this function works and then return it after the trial. I figure I would get a smallish one that can be easily taken home, test it out, if it works, return and get a 55 incher or there abouts. Not a good customer, I admit. I connect using hdmi once or twice a day and am afraid of eventually dinging the port on the phone (the other end is permanently connected to an hdmi switch box so less wear and tear)
    07-25-14 06:53 PM
    I use an HDMI cable to connect my Z10 to my TV to watch Netflix all the time.

However you're asking how to wirelessly play files on your phone to your TV. First in the phone settings, go to "Media Sharing" and turn on the file types you want to share.
    How Can I Connect a Z10 to a TV?-img_20140725_202056.png
    Now as long as you've plugged your smart TV to your home LAN and your phone is on the same Wi-Fi you'll be able to access and play the shared files.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247 | Bell | CB10
    07-25-14 07:27 PM
    I have a Samsung 60 inch and in the Samsung app store there is an app called TVLINK. Run that app on your Samsung. Then download and install TVLINK from the Android store using snap.
    You can then stream from BlackBerry os10 devices, iPhone or Android devices to your Samsung tv.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-25-14 08:24 PM
    I might have to be mercenary and buy a Smart TV from Costco to see if this function works and then return it after the trial. I figure I would get a smallish one that can be easily taken home, test it out, if it works, return and get a 55 incher or there abouts. Not a good customer, I admit. I connect using hdmi once or twice a day and am afraid of eventually dinging the port on the phone (the other end is permanently connected to an hdmi switch box so less wear and tear)
    Thanks a lot!

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 09:18 PM
    Forgot to mention...just make sure both the tv and BlackBerry device are on the same Wifi network

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 09:38 AM
    Forgot to mention...just make sure both the tv and BlackBerry device are on the same Wifi network

Posted via CB10
    Good point! Plus, if you have a dual band wifi router, for example 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz, remember these 2 bands are 2 different wifi networks. If your tv is connected to the 2.4 GHz network and your phone is connected to the 5 GHz network, the DLNA feature won't work.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 12:47 PM
    I tried connecting my TV to my Z10 via HDMI to watch Netflix the other night for the first time and I experienced a lot of lag, to the point where the picture just froze but the sound kept playing. I'm wondering if it was the connection. I was using two cables for a total of about 25 feet. Can an HDMI signal degrade that much over a distance like that?
    12-21-14 06:52 PM
    I tried connecting my TV to my Z10 via HDMI to watch Netflix the other night for the first time and I experienced a lot of lag, to the point where the picture just froze but the sound kept playing. I'm wondering if it was the connection. I was using two cables for a total of about 25 feet. Can an HDMI signal degrade that much over a distance like that?
    Cheap eBay cable will do that.
    12-21-14 08:23 PM
    I have a Samsung 60 inch and in the Samsung app store there is an app called TVLINK. Run that app on your Samsung. Then download and install TVLINK from the Android store using snap.
    You can then stream from BlackBerry os10 devices, iPhone or Android devices to your Samsung tv.

Posted via CB10
    As usual, I see 2 apps called TV Link in the app store. Which one do you recommend? Developer name might help limit it.
    12-21-14 09:52 PM
    I have a Roku3 media streamer and it has an Android app (available through Snap) that will stream the contents of your device to your TV.
    It works well on my Z10 with all media except video.
    That'll probably come with a future firmware update.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 08:41 AM
    The TV LINK app for the Samsung is by cDev software.
    First download the app on your TV from the Samsung app store in the Samsung Hub. Then download and link your blackberry using TVLink by cDev in the android store using snap. Both tv and BlackBerry must be on the same Wifi network for it to work.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 05:45 PM
    The TV LINK app for the Samsung is by cDev software.
    First download the app on your TV from the Samsung app store in the Samsung Hub. Then download and link your blackberry using TVLink by cDev in the android store using snap. Both tv and BlackBerry must be on the same Wifi network for it to work.

Posted via CB10
    After your other message mentioning this, I attempted to find TVLive in the HUB of my TV. I searched every category but never saw it. There does not seem to be a Search function when I was looking at Apps. I did grab it for the z10.

I find it completely hit and miss whether VIDEOS will actually show up using the dnla (dlna? abcd!!!!!). The Z10 does show but then it shows no content or "can't access" or similar message. And then sometimes it just works. Whereas my twony harddrive hardwired to the router does show up but it's quirk is that I canNOT pause or go FF/Rewind. When the z10 has shown up and worked, I've been able to pause it.
    12-22-14 06:49 PM
    The app is TVLINK not TVLive
    I have been using it on my Samsung smart tv and Z10 for about 6 months without any issues

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 06:18 PM
    The app is TVLINK not TVLive
    I have been using it on my Samsung smart tv and Z10 for about 6 months without any issues

Posted via CB10
    I will be back after dinner and checking. I "knew" what it should be but maybe I did in fact keep looking at the icons/names and miss it.

Maybe you know - I've looked over the TV's various menus and maybe I missed it, too. But it there somewhere it identifies the model number in the menus? I did notice that Samsung says some apps are limited to some models.

And, THANKS for replying.
    12-25-14 06:42 PM
    Check this link on google play store. You will need SNAP to load the android app on your Z10.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.tvlink&hl=en

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 11:11 AM
33 12