I know that the device manager is the best thing to monitor your phone...BUT, I need to know the exact time of my screen being on....
    let's say I have 100 % battery life, I used my phone and I got it to be 20%... I would like to know how many hours my screen was on???? I know it depends on the kinds of apps, still, it doesn't matter about the screen being lit...

Thanks

Posted via my awesome Z10 STL100-3
    09-24-14 04:19 AM
    I think you can do the maths.
    Here's my screenshot:

How can I calculate how long my screen was on?-img_20140924_113613.png

My device is used since about 4h30min, so 270 min in total.
    9% of them is about 25 min... so my display has been on for about 25 min.

Any flaw? Please feel free to correct me. Cheers.

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    09-24-14 04:42 AM
    I think you can do the maths.
    Here's my screenshot:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140924_113613.png 
Views:	640 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	299990

My device is used since about 4h30min, so 270 min in total.
    9% of them is about 25 min... so my display has been on for about 25 min.

Any flaw? Please feel free to correct me. Cheers.

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    9% shown here says that your phone display used 9% of your battery. It doesn't mean display was used for 9% of the time mentioned.

So your math is wrong there.

Via CB10 on Q10SQN100-3/10.3.0.1154
    09-24-14 04:48 AM
    I know that the device manager is the best thing to monitor your phone...BUT, I need to know the exact time of my screen being on....
    let's say I have 100 % battery life, I used my phone and I got it to be 20%... I would like to know how many hours my screen was on???? I know it depends on the kinds of apps, still, it doesn't matter about the screen being lit...

Thanks

That battery used for respective screen it is can't shown on monitoring . Has to check screen numbers of LCD have been used. Based on LCD power and screen saver (time set) that applied on.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 09:31 AM
    The only time screen uses battery is when it's turned on, so yes your math checks out. Unless I'm wrong about that.

Why would the screen use battery if it's not turned on
    09-25-14 10:09 AM
    Wait sorry it just occurred to me. I'm dumb
    blackguy07 likes this.
    09-25-14 10:09 AM
    What shall we do now?? I couldn't figure out how to calculate this!!!

09-25-14 05:22 PM
    What shall we do now?? I couldn't figure out how to calculate this!!!

You have to know respective Z10 screen installed how many LCD and LCD power. Next to calculate screen "ON" duration and screen saver setting. Check with BlackBerry authorised agent or services centre.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 12:53 AM

Thanks

Why don't you charge your phone to 100% and keep the screen timeout to 5mins and keep touching the screen every 5mins?
    This way the screen would stay on until the battery drains out. And you can know how long the screen was on since charged because it never went off.

Other than this, I don't see any way you could check the "screen on" time. I don't think BlackBerry has an API allowed for it. But again, why do you want to know this? Why is it so important?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 01:44 AM
    Why don't you charge your phone to 100% and keep the screen timeout to 5mins and keep touching the screen every 5mins?
    This way the screen would stay on until the battery drains out. And you can know how long the screen was on since charged because it never went off.

Other than this, I don't see any way you could check the "screen on" time. I don't think BlackBerry has an API allowed for it. But again, why do you want to know this? Why is it so important?

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your reply... I need to know that because sometimes I go out and my phone is not fully charged and I want to know if it will be enough till I get back to my place or should I swap the battery before that...

09-26-14 03:41 AM
    Thanks for your reply... I need to know that because sometimes I go out and my phone is not fully charged and I want to know if it will be enough till I get back to my place or should I swap the battery before that...

Why you don't bring spare battery along?
    Salute. !

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 04:15 AM
    Why you don't bring spare battery along?
    Salute. !

Posted via CB10
    I have a spare battery but do I have to carry it with me all the time??

Thanks man

09-26-14 06:55 AM

Honestly, screen using your battery is not the thing to worry about here. Try to understand how battery life works, starting with how long you get the battery to last when you use your phone in different scenarios.
    And battery charge percentage is not actually very accurate. For example, the drop from 90% to 80% could be faster than the drop from 10% to 0% even if the conditions used are very similar.

And what you're asking here is something near to impossible to measure on a BlackBerry10 device unless you use the method I mentioned in my previous post. So I guess I can't help you further.

Posted via CB10
    howarmat and zozo1980 like this.
    09-26-14 07:20 AM
    Honestly, screen using your battery is not the thing to worry about here. Try to understand how battery life works, starting with how long you get the battery to last when you use your phone in different scenarios.
    And battery charge percentage is not actually very accurate. For example, the drop from 90% to 80% could be faster than the drop from 10% to 0% even if the conditions used are very similar.

And what you're asking here is something near to impossible to measure on a BlackBerry10 device unless you use the method I mentioned in my previous post. So I guess I can't help you further.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks buddy, and you are totally right...
    I will try to use your first method...

09-26-14 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD