My Z10 is awesome. However, my phone just restarted for the umpteenth time. Reading over the forums it came to the conclusion that it is either this or that.

When is BlackBerry going to hold itself to the higher standard that they have set themselves to when they took BlackBerry in their current direction. It would be nice if the ceo or someone with some weight woukd come out and say "Yeah, the reboot thing is an Issue"

I get why they wouldn't want to do that right now. How they are trying to set BlackBerry up for the future and how that would be really damaging esp the way the media would kill it. For all sakes given do something. I don't know where the attitude of "It's going to be Fixed" or "Return the Phone".

To me taking the phone back to get it replaced is like ordering food and it comes out cold, no big deal. Then you tell the waitor its cold (no big deal make me a new one) but instead goes to the back and throws your burger in the microwave.

But hey, it's no big deal. I have high expectations for BlackBerry. Maybe I should just accept it for what it is and wait and not gripe and complain and be a good BlackBerry user. I don't have any other option for I don't want a I phone or to go back to android.

So what I'm saying as a consumer is that I NEED issues this big fixed not overnight but definitely no longer than a month. If not come out big and say somthing about it. Also, that I FEEL BlackBerry is way better and should be held to a higher standard.

With lots of love, rainbows, and all that is sweet in the world. Thank you

Posted via CB10
    grumpyaeroguy, bb624 and MB2 like this.
    05-07-13 08:07 PM
    have you tried some of the leaks out there

some says that theirs has improve in that regard
    05-07-13 08:21 PM
    I don't know why some folks keep having reboot issues. I've never had one since the day I got my Z10....not even with 2 OS leaks. I'm in Canada. are the reboots isolated to certain countries/carriers? very strange. sorry you're having this prob. This is weird...

Posted via CB10 using Z10
    Dzyen likes this.
    05-07-13 08:26 PM
    The reboot issue is indeed a bizarre mystery. Some evidence suggests it's related to hardware, while other evidence points to a software flaw. My guess, however, is that BlackBerry must think it's a software issue and is working to resolve it. That'd be the best way to deal with it if they don't want to raise any noise.
    Last edited by LazyEvul; 05-07-13 at 08:59 PM.
    05-07-13 08:33 PM
    The reboot issue is almost definitely software. I just loaded the .1627 leak and I'm rebooting far more frequently now than I was with 10.0.

But to the OP's point, what makes you think BlackBerry isn't holding itself accountable? As you can see in the threads, there appear to be a number of possible causes. Each of those causes needs a unique solution, and each solution needs to be thoroughly tested before being released upon the masses to ensure that they 1, fix the issue they are intended to fix, and 2, don't hose up something else even worse. And they're doing this while getting another brand new device out the door and preparing the next OS for the last device. How fast does any other manufacturer get software updates and fixes out the door? Has everybody already forgotten antenna-gate?
    grover5 likes this.
    05-07-13 08:59 PM
    Lots of frustration. Like most here I waiting over a year. Crackberry because part of my daily ritual. I waited and waited patiently. Leaked fuzzy pictures, dev alpha videos etc etc. I also became more confident as I got to know Mr. Heines. He really had me believing that blackberry is the way to go. Also, with the help of the crackberry members and seeing their passion and that BlackBerry fanboyism was just fanboyism cap it was somthing more helped me really have a sense of pride in owning a BlackBerry.

This wasn't my first reboot. I was just now sitting at my desk phone on charger, I see a red light and the phone is restarting. My friend who sits next to me, who I helped sell the idea of getting a BlackBerry leans over and says look! It's like you being the manager and your team messed up and you are the one at fault because you are in charge. I sold him on a phone that is restarting.

So no one really knows if it is hardware or software. Either case what us being done. What has BlackBerry came out and said. I'm not talking about a trouble ticket saying it's being worked. Because that's BS. What is the problem what bus being done to get it fixed. I'm sorry, wait I'm not. BlackBerry being as big and with the resources can't have it fixed? I find that hard to believe. In my line of work, when you mess up you don't make excuses or hide. The worse thing one of my guys can do is come to me with an excuse. That makes me more mad. But when one of my guys messes up takes responsibility for his actions and accepts the consequences of the actions there is a lot more respect for him in my eyes.

Mr. Heines came off to me as that kind of man who took responsibility for BlackBerry past made no excuses and learned from those mistakes and moved forward. I know he can't come out and address every issue. So why can't someone from BlackBerry say yeah this IS the problem and here is what we're doing to fix it.

Posted via CB10
    h20work likes this.
    05-07-13 09:00 PM
    I'm sure BlackBerry is doing something to figure it out. What that is I don't know. That's my issue. WHAT is being done. Acknowledge it. What makes me think that BlackBerry isn't holding them selfs accountable? It would be the silence and my phone still rebooting.

This isn't about me not being able to send messages this and that way, or the browser crashing. It's the phone turning off for no reason.

BlackBerry 10 is like a freshmen on his first day of high school. Still has some issues, has a lot of growing to do. But like that freshmen the introduction is vital. BlackBerry 10 is introducing itself to the class for the first time. Good looking, smart, tons of potential. But if that freshman poops himself in front of the class he will be known for the rest of his high school career as poopie pants. Just like BlackBerry of past were know for battery pulls, how about BlackBerry 10 not be known for restarting at random.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by androidphanatic; 05-07-13 at 09:16 PM.
    grumpyaeroguy and h20work like this.
    05-07-13 09:05 PM
    My Z10 is awesome. However, my phone just restarted for the umpteenth time. Reading over the forums it came to the conclusion that it is either this or that.

When is BlackBerry going to hold itself to the higher standard that they have set themselves to when they took BlackBerry in their current direction. It would be nice if the ceo or someone with some weight woukd come out and say "Yeah, the reboot thing is an Issue"

I get why they wouldn't want to do that right now. How they are trying to set BlackBerry up for the future and how that would be really damaging esp the way the media would kill it. For all sakes given do something. I don't know where the attitude of "It's going to be Fixed" or "Return the Phone".

To me taking the phone back to get it replaced is like ordering food and it comes out cold, no big deal. Then you tell the waitor its cold (no big deal make me a new one) but instead goes to the back and throws your burger in the microwave.

But hey, it's no big deal. I have high expectations for BlackBerry. Maybe I should just accept it for what it is and wait and not gripe and complain and be a good BlackBerry user. I don't have any other option for I don't want a I phone or to go back to android.

So what I'm saying as a consumer is that I NEED issues this big fixed not overnight but definitely no longer than a month. If not come out big and say somthing about it. Also, that I FEEL BlackBerry is way better and should be held to a higher standard.

With lots of love, rainbows, and all that is sweet in the world. Thank you

Posted via CB10
    You said it brother.

I am averaging 2-3 reboots every 24 hours. absolutely no rime or reason for it that I can figure. been trying to correlate it to SOMETHING... all to no avail. At first, I thought it was only while it was charging, but, nope.
    Statistically, it appears to occur completely randomly.

I'm running the latest leak as well. At first, the leak seemed a little better. But, now, in terms of rebooting, it seems about the same as my initial software load. So far, it hasn't made itself a huge nuisance, as it hasn't happened in a call (surprisingly), but I know it's just a matter of time, but still.

BB: FESS UP or FIX THIS BS, or at least have the RESPECT for your early launch customers and communicate with us. We are a dedicated group. Show us some respect. In case you haven't noticed, the US carriers sure aren't giving you much on the sales floor. If you are treating THEM by ignoring them like you appear to be ignoring this*, then, maybe it's (a little) deserved. Oh yeah, if this is how you intend to begin "winning back" some market share (in the US anyway), may I suggest that there are some clear opportunities for improvement. pretty sad, considering the competition certainly hasn't the edge on the OS and intended functionality you have brought forth. Don't die on the vine before the end of spring.

ok, I feel better now.....wow, that was almost therapeutic....LOL

* you may be working hard to fix it...true.... but how in the heck are we to know. We can just call our carriers that tell us what we already know: NOTHING. And, btw, don't be mad at the messenger. Try reading this forum one night for a bit. may be an education for ya.
    Last edited by grumpyaeroguy; 05-07-13 at 09:19 PM.
    05-07-13 09:08 PM
    You guys have to realize that the random reboots are rare. Despite what is happening to us, it's not happening to the majority of the user base at all. Regardless of that fact, they are working on the problem and they believe it is a software issue. I hope they're right.

If you're experiencing reboots that frequently you should probably take it back and get a replacement. There's no reason for you to suffer while you wait on a fix.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 09:19 PM
    But like that freshmen the introduction is vital. BlackBerry 10 is introducing itself to the class for the first time. Good looking, smart, tons of potential. But if that freshman poops himself in front of the class he will be known for the rest of his high school career as poopie pants. Just like BlackBerry of past were know for battery pulls, how about BlackBerry 10 not be known for restarting at random.

Posted via CB10
    ROTFL, LMAO.....now THAT's a mouth full........I love it. Well said, well said.
    05-07-13 09:23 PM
    I'm on the newest leak of 10.1 and my phone has been restarting too. It's annoying but I try to ignore it. It happens about twice a day now, sometimes three times. I don't have any side loaded apps right now so this means that it's just doing it by itself.

I'm hoping whatever this is is fixed in the next offial update. And I'm really hoping it's not present at all on the Q10

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 09:28 PM
    You guys have to realize that the random reboots are rare.
    Posted via CB10
    That's a pretty strong statement. May I respectfully ask for the (scientific) data? I DON'T mean a crackberry poll (no disrespect intended).

To be honest, in my case, this thing could be going on, and not necessarily, be noticed. In my case, if I wasn't checking, I probably wouldn't pick up on it as much. since I started logging, there are a crap load of the re-boots.

It's like a new car with a defective ABS system. You figure it out when......at the MOST inopportune time.
    05-07-13 09:28 PM
    Yeah I have not gotten the reboot issue. Can it be carrier related

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 09:34 PM
    You guys have to realize that the random reboots are rare. Despite what is happening to us, it's not happening to the majority of the user base at all. Regardless of that fact, they are working on the problem and they believe it is a software issue. I hope they're right.

If you're experiencing reboots that frequently you should probably take it back and get a replacement. There's no reason for you to suffer while you wait on a fix.

Posted via CB10
    It's not a rare problem. Look at the number of threads and posts, it's happening one different carriers, different models, and with different software versions.

Granted, I don't expect bb to acknowledge it publicly since it would prove they screwed up, and would make its way around the Internet faster than you could imagine. Their only saving grace, most people wouldn't notice the reboots unless they were using the phone at the time.
    05-07-13 09:40 PM
    I got my phone the first day it came out for tmobile. Then a few weeks my buddy got one at. He has the newer software and his does it. He rides a bike and was telling me he was talking to his wife via blue tooth on the helmet and it restarted.

That's two blackberry phones in the same office. I'm sure I'm swaying my other Co worker to get one. But now, without something from BlackBerry I cannot simply overcome his objection/ concern by telling him they are "Working" on a update.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 09:41 PM
    Yeah I have not gotten the reboot issue. Can it be carrier related

Posted via CB10
    No, unfortunately it has been proven to be happening on many different carriers.
    05-07-13 09:42 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=790724

There is already a massive thread on this. I have this problem too I'm sure they're working on it. I would ask @alexkinsella @MichaelClewley or @blackberryhelp and see if you can get an answer out of one of them.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-07-13 09:46 PM
    I'm very interested in these random reboots.

Have you tried wiping and reinstalling the os?

What apps do you have installed?

I've not experienced one random reboot yet. Several other quirks. But no reboots.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 09:50 PM
    I'm quite tempted to while and reboot, I know it's not a hard thing to do. But can BlackBerry please for the love of ice cream say that's the fix. I'm on BlackBerry side.

On another note if it was just that how much money, time, and complaint could be saved if BlackBerry Just said that was the fix?

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 09:58 PM
    I'm quite tempted to while and reboot, I know it's not a hard thing to do. But can BlackBerry please for the love of ice cream say that's the fix. I'm on BlackBerry side.

On another note if it was just that how much money, time, and complaint could be saved if BlackBerry Just said that was the fix?

Posted via CB10
    What carrier are you with? As it seems the rebooting issue seems to be isolated to the US and on Verizon? I'm from Canada bought my Zed at launch and have had 0 reboots. Which leads me to believe it's carrier related.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 10:20 PM
    I have T-Mobile, and my Co worker has AT&T and his reboots.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 10:24 PM
    Maybe it has to do with carrier branded phones? Or using the pushed apps? I deleted all of them and my phone is unbranded, using it on T-Mobile USA with full 4G (no LTE in my area yet ). My uptime has been since April 14th with 0 problems...

I did however have to five swipe to restart my hub a few times.
    05-07-13 10:25 PM
    I pre-ordered my phone from AT&T (US) as soon as they opened up pre-orders, and am on my third leaked OS and never as of yet (knock on wood) had an uncommanded reboot.
    05-07-13 10:37 PM
    What carrier are you with? As it seems the rebooting issue seems to be isolated to the US and on Verizon? I'm from Canada bought my Zed at launch and have had 0 reboots. Which leads me to believe it's carrier related.

Posted via CB10
    I am on Bell mobility and I have been having the same issue. As well as a morning of unexplained 250 mb data usage and battery drain(4hrs)with phone in holster.
    05-07-13 10:45 PM
    I'm with Telus. Have had my phone since February 6. No reboots so far. I do turn the phone off overnight on average every 2 days in between battery charges. Turning it off makes it easier to clean the screen.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    05-07-13 11:03 PM
44 12