Hey guys i have z10 m running on 10.2.1 and snap in my phone i've tried installing Hotspot Sheild VPN in my phone but its not working, it opens well and when i connect it gives me message for application permission i press OK and then it shows error. I am in UAE and they have blocked all sites as well as BBM Voice & Video so just for that unblocking i need this application. I've tried in other android phones it works well.

Can anyone help

Thanks in advance
    02-16-14 01:30 AM
    Sounds like you are trying to use an Android VPN client. I can't see that working, but I could be wrong.

I use Witopia IPSEC. It works very well.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 08:50 AM
    Hey guys i have z10 m running on 10.2.1 and snap in my phone i've tried installing Hotspot Sheild VPN in my phone but its not working, it opens well and when i connect it gives me message for application permission i press OK and then it shows error. I am in UAE and they have blocked all sites as well as BBM Voice & Video so just for that unblocking i need this application. I've tried in other android phones it works well.

Can anyone help

Thanks in advance
    May I know which VPN protocols you try to install? PPTP, L2TP or OpenVPN?
    To the best of my knowledge, Z10 only supports Microsoft IKEv2 protocol which requires a certificate (You should download and install IKEv certificate first) it means PPTP and OpenVPN doesn't work on your device.
    There are few vendors that offer IKEV VPN service that you can find them by googling but if you look for a step by step instruction to set it up on your z10, the following link could be helpful:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=l79vkYpl
    02-17-14 01:23 AM
    I'm using PureVPN with my Z10 with no Problems, Torrent downloads could be little bit faster.

Not sure if I need VPN anyway with TTORRENT since it has encryption itself?

(Verschl�sselung = Encryption)

Hotspot Shield VPN on Z10-img_20140217_122545.png

Z10_STL100-2_10.2.1.1925/1926 Vodafone DE
    02-17-14 05:26 AM
    I'm using PureVPN with my Z10 with no Problems, Torrent downloads could be little bit faster.

Not sure if I need VPN anyway with TTORRENT since it has encryption itself?

(Verschl�sselung = Encryption)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140217_122545.png 
Views:	1924 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	248673

Z10_STL100-2_10.2.1.1925/1926 Vodafone DE
    Encryption and VPN is a different thing.

Encryption enabled torrent clients encrypt the connection between peers. It is however still possible to trace the stream back to your IP.

VPN services tunnel the stream to their servers making it virtually impossible to trace your IP since the trace will stop at the servers IP. The fact they encrypt the data travelling through the streams is only gravy

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 07:43 AM
    A lot of VPN protocols are supported out of the box. Why do you need an app? Just go to your account settings and add a VPN connection. I have three set up and they all work great.

Also, if BlackBerry doesn't trust the protocol, neither do I. OpenVPN sounds like "diet cheesecake" to me, an Oxymoron. I certainly would not trust an Android app to handle that sort of thing, and chances are they won't work anyway on BB10 because they can't get the deep access to the device that they can on Android.
    02-17-14 08:32 AM
    Encryption and VPN is a different thing.

Encryption enabled torrent clients encrypt the connection between peers. It is however still possible to trace the stream back to your IP.

VPN services tunnel the stream to their servers making it virtually impossible to trace your IP since the trace will stop at the servers IP. The fact they encrypt the data travelling through the streams is only gravy

Posted via CB10
    Thanks.

Z10_STL100-2 _10.2.1.2041/2042 Vodafone DE
    02-17-14 04:13 PM
    A lot of VPN protocols are supported out of the box. Why do you need an app? Just go to your account settings and add a VPN connection. I have three set up and they all work great.

Also, if BlackBerry doesn't trust the protocol, neither do I. OpenVPN sounds like "diet cheesecake" to me, an Oxymoron. I certainly would not trust an Android app to handle that sort of thing, and chances are they won't work anyway on BB10 because they can't get the deep access to the device that they can on Android.

I agree on most of your points but there is distinct evidence that BB10 will add native support for OpenVPN, possibly some time this year.

The advantage of OpenVPN is A) it is open source and thus its operation/security is verifiable, and B) it uses SSL as a transport mechanism which is much easier to deal with when you are traversing firewalls and proxies and so forth. Also, a lot of people have devices like home NAS devices and media servers that can also run OpenVPN daemons on them, so they want to be able to connect to those.
    02-18-14 03:25 AM
    Yes i have the idea about Witopia IPSEC but is there any free way i can get this kind of application or any OPEN VPN settings because it unblocks all services for me like viber and bbm voice & video as well..!!
    02-19-14 08:47 AM
    OpenVPN is so named because it is OpenSource and allows programmers to create free and OpenSource VPN server/client apps. It's very secure. I use a free VPN client on my PC which uses OpenVPN as well as other protocols. But until BB10 supports OpenVPN I cannot use this or almost any other OpenSource VPN client on my phone.

Also, if BlackBerry doesn't trust the protocol, neither do I. OpenVPN sounds like "diet cheesecake" to me, an Oxymoron.

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2141 :-)
    03-01-14 05:21 AM
    Do not worry, my blackberry Z10 install Bucklor VPN,that is ok.
    05-19-14 12:46 AM
    Do not worry, my blackberry Z10 install Bucklor VPN,that is ok.
    Can you let me know the settings? I'm trying but every time it shows time out.

Hotspot Shield VPN on Z10-img_20140519_103032.png

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    Attached Thumbnails Hotspot Shield VPN on Z10-img_20140519_082753.jpg  
    05-19-14 01:34 AM
    Can you help

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 11:49 AM
    here is a guide on how to use bucklor (Free VPN) on BB10 : BlackBerry Tutorial VPN Setup - BlackBerry
    05-26-14 12:58 AM
    Thanks it's working fine for me too now.
    05-26-14 06:24 AM

Name:	IMG_20140519_103032.png 
Views:	919 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	271844

Hi, Bucklor is a great free VPN, BlackBerry Tutorial VPN Setup - BlackBerry is the setup tutorial, wish it can help you, good luck!
    Hardik Rathod likes this.
    05-26-14 09:29 PM
    I strongly advise against using Bucklor, I don't trust it. There a lot of negative reviews about it. There are other reputable VPN services out there e.g Purevpn. A word is enough for the wise.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    Hardik Rathod likes this.
    05-26-14 09:54 PM
    Anyone get the Bucklor working on the playbook?

I followed the same steps on the Z30 and the playbook. Z30 works but I get an error for playbook saying - failed to establish vpn connection (timeout)

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 04:07 PM
    I strongly advise against using Bucklor, I don't trust it. There a lot of negative reviews about it. There are other reputable VPN services out there e.g Purevpn. A word is enough for the wise.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    I use another vpn service unfortunately they don't support BlackBerry. Shame on me I didn't check before going with them.

I am going to go with witopia when my current contract expires as they have a server in India. My current provider doesn't.

So with witopia I get my PC, BlackBerry and India server covered.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 04:10 PM
    Anyone get the Bucklor working on the playbook?

I followed the same steps on the Z30 and the playbook. Z30 works but I get an error for playbook saying - failed to establish vpn connection (timeout)

Posted via CB10
    Embarrassed. But I thought I should let folks know Bucklor works on playbook. Was making an error on the password.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 04:24 PM
    hi, every time i try to connect i get the timeout error message, i did all of the settings and i tried all of the servers but i'm still getting this message,what is the problem?? can anyone help??
    06-05-14 11:50 AM
    hi, every time i try to connect i get the timeout error message, i did all of the settings and i tried all of the servers but i'm still getting this message,what is the problem?? can anyone help??
    Hi dear if there's anything issue with the connectivity than they give you option to chat online just talk to them they will resolve it for you and i did the same and now it's working perfectly.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 ? 10.2.1.3175
    06-05-14 01:33 PM
    this is air bus from abu dhabi. abu dhabi here too. please show me how to connect vpn also
    06-07-14 12:27 AM

Name:	IMG_20140519_103032.png 
Views:	919 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	271844

this is air bus from abu dhabi. abu dhabi here too. please show me how to connect vpn also
    06-07-14 12:28 AM
    Hey, apparently you live in the UAE i need your help to configure my bbm too would you assist me in that?
    08-02-14 03:25 AM
29 12