Incredibly lame. But not surprising. Although it's not fair to make a sweeping generalization about all Americans... you Americans aren't making it any easier to hold you in any kind of high regard. Just sayin'.

Posted via CB10
    That statement is incredibly Lame. Please know that with out us Americans Blackberry will cease to exist.
    03-22-13 08:07 PM
    I didn't see a review. What I read were a few words strung together while the author was waiting to finish their expressogizmodocupachino, looked at their watch and said: "sht, my deadline is in 15 minutes."
    03-22-13 08:27 PM
    you have to grow some thick skin. You can't write off everyone's right to an opinion just because it doesn't jibe with yours.

I'm very happy with my 9310, but I'm not scouring reviews looking for validation that my device is this or that.

I have seen it sloshed by people who want eye candy and whatever.. I use it because I like what it does for me.

What I don't like about this crackberry is some of you are really anal and petty. You fiddle with your phones like fiends until

you find a glitch and than run on here. Or you find an opposing view and "well, that person is an *****"

It's a phone man......get a girlfriend
    03-22-13 09:04 PM
    The rep was helpful, but he didn't seem to be very familiar with the phone. Also, when I said to him "the phone seems very responsive and quick", he replied something like, yeah it's alright.
    03-22-13 10:09 PM
    Two words....i....SHEEP! -_-
    03-22-13 10:16 PM
    The reps at the AT&T store downtown Houston don't seem to care for BB (based upon several visits), so I ended up purchasing from another location. While I was severely not happy with the lack of promotion for the Z10, the rep I worked with said she was waiting for AT&T to offer free to employees so she could replace her current BB. Another rep was standing behind the counter playing with his and apparently was having a hard time putting it down.

But again...as an investor in BB, my biggest issue is that there was absolutely no marketing displayed for BB10. Not even a demo phone. They said it was in the back. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
    03-22-13 10:25 PM
    How many negative reviews can you write off and denegrate before you concede that there might be some validity to the reviews?
    Might be some sort of Ostrich syndrome?
    BCB
    03-22-13 10:25 PM
    I've pre-ordered two phones(both BlackBerry's) from Verizon and I received both of them from FedEx a day before the official release date.
    03-22-13 10:33 PM
    So says the guy with "berry" in his tag (i.e., putting down folks for being "fiends" for Blackberry). I don't give a rat's a** if Gizmodo's, BGR's, or your opinion "jives" with mine and if I was looking for validation in my choice of phones, I definitely wouldn't be buying a Blackberry now would I?

What I was trying to point out, is that these people are blatantly biased and unfair in their opinions in a forum that some people take for a professional news outlet. Unfortunately, for some folks this dribble will play into their decision to give this phone a chance. The one thing I do want to see is for Blackberry to succeed, because they have been my peference in mobile device for the last seven years and because "I like what it does for me." Thank you very much.

you have to grow some thick skin. You can't write off everyone's right to an opinion just because it doesn't jibe with yours.

I'm very happy with my 9310, but I'm not scouring reviews looking for validation that my device is this or that.

I have seen it sloshed by people who want eye candy and whatever.. I use it because I like what it does for me.

What I don't like about this crackberry is some of you are really anal and petty. You fiddle with your phones like fiends until

you find a glitch and than run on here. Or you find an opposing view and "well, that person is an *****"

It's a phone man......get a girlfriend
    00stryder and X10A-Freedom like this.
    03-22-13 10:36 PM
    That statement is incredibly Lame. Please know that with out us Americans Blackberry will cease to exist.
    I've been hearing that for over 3 years now. And yet BB is still here. Yes there IS a world outside USA. Heck, China is bigger market. Europe is bigger market AND likes BB more than USA does. They WILL survive, they'll just be a niche market in USA.
    03-22-13 10:36 PM
    Bottle line, just reading the title. This is a great phone with great software. The Porsche of all the software. The flow and the gestures are well coordinated. My teenager son was due for an upgrade too. He didn't even hesitated when he saw the flow in action!

Posted via CB10
    ErinnM likes this.
    03-22-13 10:41 PM
    I refuse to click on the link. Do you bring trash inside your house on pick up day? Leave it at the curb man.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 10:55 PM
    Gizmodo is such an over-rated geek's wet dream. Nothing blogged there holds any real weight with people who actually know what they're talking about. Every time I hear of an article from there, it's usually mindless drivel with no real reason.

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    03-22-13 11:23 PM
    I really want to meet this lady with such a high level of intelligence and great sense of integrity towards journalism.
    How do you show your face to actual people?
    Dear CB please post the entire article so i dont have to click on the link and help increase the footfall at that website.
    03-22-13 11:33 PM
    The chances of choosing to offer real Canadian currency in exchange for an iPhone for me be even bleaker biitch!

blackberrys.ca
    Dude that was quoting the article. Wasn't me saying that so no idea why u quoted it as me saying it.
    03-22-13 11:45 PM
    Dude I don't know how people can hate on this phone . If it isn't your cup of tea, then fine....

I hate iPhones but I buy it for most of my family members because it fits them.
    I hear you.
    If and when my mom decides to get into a smart phone I may steer her towards an iPhone. Simply because then my "All things Apple" brother can support her. And Apple products are awesome for little kids and old people, IMO.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 11:47 PM
    I'm sure there are just as bad or worse reviews in other countries, no?
    Yes but the various influential entities with heavy financial axes to grind aren't working overtime in developing countries trying to poison the well for anything but their anointed favorites the way it is here in the USA.

Reviews I've seen from a bunch of developing countries have been very excited about the product in most cases. Very few seem to savage it the way it gets savaged in the USA, even if they aren't overall positive about it.
    Last edited by Omnitech; 03-23-13 at 12:28 AM.
    03-23-13 12:15 AM

The issue is this: people here like the product, and/or like the company. They want to use it, and they want to use it for a long time, because it serves a useful purpose to them. They also want it to be popular enough to attract decent developer interest so they can get good apps for it, and they want the company to survive so the device will not be orphaned and require a disruptive migration to something that is inferior to it.

It is not even remotely surprising, in such a case, that when loudmouth lying "pundits" savage the product unfairly and potentially contribute to its lack of success in the marketplace for no rational reason, that such people will not be happy about that.

IF I had to worry every day what some stupid blog bonehead wrote about my Ford automobile, because if based on such stupid innuendo Ford stopped being popular such that I could no longer buy the special gas that it requires to run, I'd be really unhappy too.
    03-23-13 12:21 AM
    And Apple products are awesome for little kids and old people, IMO.

I love that characterization. Maybe Thorsten needs to adopt it.
    03-23-13 12:27 AM
    I've been an iPhone user since the beginning. I got my hands on a z10 yesterday and I love it. Well done BlackBerry!

Has it'd differences of course but damn its a nice phone, really well thought out OS, great keyboard and camera is damn good too.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 12:32 AM
    Twitter post from this morning:

"@DeckardWill: @adiaz201 @ashfein It's reassuring to know that anyone who loses their unskilled office job can always work as a writer for @gizmodo"
    03-23-13 06:12 AM
    Respecting everyone's view here....I being a newbie on this forum usually lay back and watch.

I do agree that the woman's slanted write-up for BB sucked. Propaganda...it's going to be out there.

She's worried about pulling her BB out at a meeting? Pretentious much? In NY where I live, you could have a

BB with a bike horn attached to it. Noone would even bother to care. I like the call quality on my little low end 9310

fm radio, silently flashes different color lights instead of blowing up and attracting attention...etc....I'm not ashamed, it's

a BB, OS 7.1 is great man...seriously. whatever you do it snaps to it. Enough about my phone rant...I love it...it's me.

Take the good with the bad people. The net is here for information and opinions. It doesn't always mean it's true.

If you like your BB.....that's ALL that matters. I saw a guy drive by in a '68 corvette yesterday and was floored......

PS If iphone is the best phone, why is it always the #1 phone being sold on craigslist??
    Last edited by RussBerry007; 03-23-13 at 12:33 PM. Reason: correct my phone model goofed
    03-23-13 11:56 AM
    Totally agree. Lame post (sorry but I can't call that an article or a review) and totally biased. But that's to be expected from sources such as these...

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 05:47 AM
    That's hardly an review

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 06:35 AM
    Well the bad reviews oft warned of during the opening 3 mths of Z life have arrived. But have to have a thick skin, accept that reviewers aren't always objective, but also admit and jump to correct deficiencies. If the BB product is truly 10%+ better than competitors, then BB will shine again. If it is adjudged merely equal or slightly worse by the masses, then there is no future for this publicly traded company.

Few comments on various poster logic herein: 1) Theoretically BlackBerry can survive w/o boom in U.S. sales but clearly not a very realistic assumption.

2) Simply can't count Apple out for 16-24yr olds. Apple made decision yrs ago to go after school mkt, often even giving away computers and software. Apple always represented the counter-culture. This was a slow and windy path to financial success, from 70's thru early 00's, but has paid off in multiple "spades." Ironically, it was not their desktops, nor even laptops, but rather porting these user functions to the IPhone and Ipad (that itself was prodigy, in part, from their music devices). Apple persists in dominating campuses, and older ladies, with their original user base constantly regenerating and growing more in affluence as each generation ages.

Unfortunately, as with Samsung, Apple was given the business World user - - and certain other so called slightly more sophisticated users--as much by BlackBerry dropping the innovation ball as any specific Apple target marketing. Scarey thing today is that Apple products now represents closer to the culture than counter-culture.

So, not too sure about any toehold gained by attempting a characterization of Apples as for old ladies and children. BlackBerry must do it better and a bit cheaper or it won't survive. Apple, Samsung, or other entity will (begin plans to) gobble BB just for sport if it doesn't exceed sales expectations with the Z and Q.

3) Yes, the masses often judge status and perception over actual performance. It is a long road back for BlackBerry to not only build a superior product but no lesser a challenge to rebuild its perception in the eyes of the public. But remember, Apple did it, actually they rebuilt themselves twice - - even temporarily selling out to the dark side.

It's going to take extraordinary leadership and candid reflection coupled with truly superior products, and a little technical wisdom ftom CB contribtors, but "it can be done."

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 10:25 AM
50 12