Okay, so I started out a sidekick user with the OG sidekick, I picked up an iPhone when it first came out, I was waiting in a very short line for the G1, I picked up a palm and blackberry pearl as backup devices, I then switched to an HTC HD1 until my next upgrade where I bought an HTC HD7 and a Blackberry 9900. I am fairly eclectic as far as phones go with my current devices being a Nokia Lumia 920 for my daily driver, a Galaxy Note 2 for media, and now a Z10... well... pretty much because I wanted to see what a decent QNX based OS would be like.
    First of all, I love the fact that QNX has a linux layer enabling easy android porting. It really is awesome and I am glad that they have done it because thusfar, it's been the only redeeming quality of the Z10. I got this phone six days ago off of ebay, paying a rather hefty sum and even though I'm a Windows Phone user, I still find myself wondering, where are the apps? I know it's brand new, but at least when my Lumia came out, I had built in integration on every kind of social need I could want. This thing, despite it's easy porting (and that's what most of them are, poorly done ports), integrates absolutely nothing into the OS and relies exclusively on developers which worked for Android, yeah, on 2.1 some years ago. The gesture based OS has as big a learning curve as I have ever witnessed with a mobile OS and most of the gestures are largely unnecessary and could be done much more easily, the UI offers nothing that I couldn't find on MeeGo 2-3 years ago or even on early iterations of Android. I mean honestly, given what I was expecting, this is downright disappointing.
    However, my biggest gripe is the phone itself. I mean, honestly? My Samsung Blackjack in 2007 put this thing to shame in the camera department. Our phones are supposed to double as a point and shoot and this just doesn't do it. I have not had a phone take photos this grainy since the original razor. Speaking of the Razor, this thing shares another quality with it. It feels like a light, plastic, fisher price toy. I mean, they clearly took a play from Samsung's playbook but couldn't they have taken another and auto-included Swipe? I get that they added the rivets to make BBOS customers more familiar but they are awful and this thing simply cannot keep up with two-handed texting. The screen, despite it's high pixel density, is absolutely dreadful in the sun, requiring frequent cupping with my other hand. Honestly, I hope the Q10 fixes everything that an average user needs to make this at least on par with other hardware and software. This is the first phone since the original HTC PPC 6800 that has flat-out infuriated me.
    BullGuard8, tilapya and macberry33 like this.
    02-09-13 11:56 AM
    Sorry you are so disappointed! I hope you find peace in your life sometime soon. Good Luck!
    02-09-13 12:00 PM
    I would just like to say my opinions are pretty much say and night of these and im personally impressed as my blog has said.

The Z does have some issues but the gestures are easy to get to grips with, the camera debate has been worn out now and the apps, I agree but it's a minor thing really.

I'm sure you will find a ready buyer for the Z in no time.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-09-13 12:18 PM
    And I absolutely couldn't stand the Lumia 920, hated everything about it aside from the good camera. I returned it and then strangely, didn't even consider joining the WPCentral forums and ripping it to shreds for my first and only post there.
    02-09-13 12:28 PM
    It sad to see people talk so negatively about a phone, you would think it is life or death as to how well it work. Personally I believe if you want a camera that takes incredible pictures buy a DSLR. Seriously, it is a phone and every phone has it's good and bad. Everyone has their opinion but going on an on about its flaw why not focus on the what it does well.
    I love this phone sure there a quirks but overall for a new OS and first attempt I think it performs quite well
    02-09-13 12:42 PM
    @ninja I completely agree

02-09-13 12:46 PM
    The screen, despite it's high pixel density, is absolutely dreadful in the sun, requiring frequent cupping with my other hand.
    Well thank god I live in Canada's most overcast city so this won't be a problem at all
    02-09-13 12:46 PM
    Well thank god I live in Canada's most overcast city so this won't be a problem at all
    Hope you're not in the GTA region then.. it's sky clear over here ...for now atleast...

On a side note...one can always wait for a review of the device if they have not followed up closely with it pre-launch to know what to expect. You can't please everybody that's for sure, but what a way to post your first comment on the forums....
    02-09-13 12:56 PM
    No offence, but I stooped reading 1/3 into your post. Having no paragraphs, made that hard to read
    sbx9900, iNick89, Flexin and 10 others like this.
    02-09-13 01:01 PM
    A lot of what you are posting about could have been learned by simply reading. You could have saved your money and some frustration.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    02-09-13 01:02 PM
    A lot of what you are posting about could have been learned by simply reading. You could have saved your money and some frustration.

If they ever even owned one.
    Seems a little self indulgent

leehardballer12 and SDTRMG like this.
    02-09-13 01:05 PM
    The price for being an early adopter bro
    02-09-13 01:32 PM
    I'm disappointed that I spent one minute to read the post....
    02-09-13 01:40 PM
    It had paragraphs in Notepad but they were apparently removed. I suppose I should have used a proper text editor but I already had it opened. Anyway, I'm a developer so phones are a big part of my life. The one thing I did enjoy is the easy ports from android, though I haven't made an android game in some time. I just really hope they improve the UI... it's atrocious and looks like an Android eclair rehash.
    02-09-13 01:40 PM
    I just really hope they improve the UI... it's atrocious and looks like an Android eclair rehash.
    Haha and this proves without a doubt that you have absolutely and i mean absolutely no clue as to what your talking about.

Lets be honest, no one really cares if your disappointed with the z10 or not. I just find it sad that you among many others join up to make a post saying just how disappointed you are with the Z10. Like Whitecaps said, its the price you pay for being an early adopter of the Z10...deal with it. **** i remember the first Android handset ever to come out here in the UK, i got one, thing was full of bugs and whatnot. But instead of ******** about it on forums etc, i just returned it and got my money back...simples.
    02-09-13 01:50 PM

i'm sorry but i don't believe this guy has a Z10, call me crazy but i just don't see it and the main think that makes me believe this is the images from the camera are more grainy then anythign else he/she has ever used. just don't believe it
    SDTRMG and jesse_h like this.
    02-09-13 01:52 PM
    I just really hope they improve the UI... it's atrocious and looks like an Android eclair rehash.
    Seems you picked up the dummy demo model
    Snazy, sbx9900, RECOOL and 6 others like this.
    02-09-13 01:53 PM
    It had paragraphs in Notepad but they were apparently removed. I suppose I should have used a proper text editor but I already had it opened. Anyway, I'm a developer so phones are a big part of my life. The one thing I did enjoy is the easy ports from android, though I haven't made an android game in some time. I just really hope they improve the UI... it's atrocious and looks like an Android eclair rehash.
    lol in other words you have written a poorly informed rant about a handset and OS you have spent little if any time with, in a very basic application, who the heck uses Notepad?
    And are probably now doing the rounds posting it anywhere and everywhere you can, to create a reaction.

Well done, at least you managed to get one thing right.
    Bobcat665 and jesse_h like this.
    02-09-13 01:58 PM
    ...simples.
    LMAO! When I read that I immediately thought of Roy from The IT Crowd!
    02-09-13 01:59 PM
    Different phones for different folks. Enjoy your other devices I say.

yoonmike likes this.
    02-09-13 02:00 PM
    who the heck uses Notepad?
    lol just found it a bit weird that someone who cribs about lack of apps uses the notepad there are apps for that in windows
    02-09-13 02:01 PM
    If you are a developer...hmmm lets just say remind me NOT to buy any of your apps - I can't imagine what the quality of your apps will be like if
    You think the gestures are a BIG learning curve ROFL - Even my wife who is totally NOT tech savvy picked it up within 15 minutes of playing with it.
    sbx9900, Bobcat665, SDTRMG and 3 others like this.
    02-09-13 02:01 PM
    if You think the gestures are a BIG learning curve
    Gestures are difficult. It is for example not as easy as pressing the back button in androids and getting random results
    sbx9900, Bobcat665, Gla1ze and 1 others like this.
    02-09-13 02:04 PM
    Gestures are difficult. It is for example not as easy as pressing the back button in androids and getting random results
    agreed but when you get the hang of it its pretty intuitive and once you've swiped out of an app your thumb is ready to press and open another where as when you press the back butto you have to move your thumb from the bottom and to the icon rather then a wisker. the hub is also another great time save, but agreed tehre is a learning curve but like buwee said even a nontech savvy user liek my mom was ablle to pick up the gestures on her playbook faily easy
    02-09-13 02:08 PM
    LMAO! When I read that I immediately thought of Roy from The IT Crowd!
    I loved that show .. caught all the episodes on Netflix here in Canada

"Hello IT have you tried turning it off and on again?"
    02-09-13 02:09 PM
140 123 ...