I have been waiting for the Z10 to come out. I am 8 months out of contract and am waiting patiently for the U.S release.

Here is my question to current Z10 owners: I have used Blackberry phones for the last ten years. I currently have the Torch. I want to get the Z10 for the larger screen, I'm not locked to a physical keyboard. I'm not a power user. I text, use the internet, check email and use the phone for calls. I have ABSOLUTELY no use or desire for all the apps that everyone seems so distraught over. So, will this phone be just what I need?

Thanks for any replies!
    02-09-13 04:12 PM
    I'd say go for it! In general its a great phone, so easy to pick up and get used to it in no time.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    sosof likes this.
    02-09-13 04:19 PM
    Based on your needs, I'd say you'd be thrilled with the Z10.
    sosof likes this.
    02-09-13 04:21 PM
    Since u dont need good apps... Then go for it!
    02-09-13 04:25 PM
    The screen is beautiful and the typing experience is phenomenal. I'm sure you will love it.

02-09-13 04:26 PM
    Yup, go for it. I don't consider myself a power user either, and I've found what I need on the Z10. I also came from the Torch.
    02-09-13 04:28 PM
    Yeah go for it.
    02-09-13 04:29 PM
    I have been waiting for the Z10 to come out. I am 8 months out of contract and am waiting patiently for the U.S release.

Here is my question to current Z10 owners: I have used Blackberry phones for the last ten years. I currently have the Torch. I want to get the Z10 for the larger screen, I'm not locked to a physical keyboard. I'm not a power user. I text, use the internet, check email and use the phone for calls. I have ABSOLUTELY no use or desire for all the apps that everyone seems so distraught over. So, will this phone be just what I need?

Thanks for any replies!
    Firstly, welcome to CrackBerry!

OK, so I'm definitely ready to criticize BlackBerry where it falls short (i.e. app selection is still not the best, there's a number of things that are not supported in the initial BlackBerry 10 OS). However for the things you mentioned:

1. The Z10 *does* have a larger screen than your Torch. 4.2 inches diagonally. Feels nice and comfortable without being "phablet" sized. The DPI is higher than on iPhone 5 (and all other iPhone Retina Screens) and all Samsung Galaxy devices. Also, the touch element is much better than on your Torch.

2. The internet browsing on Z10 is the best mobile experience out of all mobile phones right now. Smooth, fast and gives you options (like Adobe Flash if you need it, desktop mode if you need it, super useful Reader Mode).

3. Phone calls are *great.* Call setup (time between tapping call and ringing) is fast and sound quality is good and reasonably loud.

Most importantly, the phone is rock solid, especially if you're just using stuff built-in into BlackBerry 10. No more battery pulls. Based on what you said you need, you should really enjoy it. In your case, the functionality is already there.
    02-09-13 04:29 PM
    The screen is beautiful and the typing experience is phenomenal. I'm sure you will love it.

Thanks for the replies everyone!! I really am excited about this phone.
    02-09-13 04:30 PM
    Yes. You will like the Z10
    02-09-13 04:35 PM
    The phone is awesome and keyboard is perfect. Get it

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    02-09-13 04:41 PM
    Go for it but also make an informed decision as always
    02-09-13 04:43 PM
    My use if the phone is very similar to yours and I can tell you that I'm enjoying every single piece of my Z10. I never though I would say this, but the touch keyboard is absolutely fenomenal. It literally reads your mind and corrects your spelling so fast you don't even realize you're making a mistake.
    Go for it!

Ben1232 and DJM626 like this.
    02-09-13 04:56 PM
    It will be an excellent fit for your needs. Once you adjust to swipe controls for The Hub, managing your emails and texts is rather fun. The keyboard will not make you miss a physical one at all. Besides the word prediction, the auto-correct is a great feature and very forgiving for mistakes. You can fire off a rapid message with multiple errors but it usually knows what word you wanted to spell and will replace the misspelled word when you hit the space bar, allowing you to fire away and have your recipient not think you are having a stroke.

I think this feature has not gotten enough attention. There are many people that have trouble with touchscreen keyboards and this device is the answer.

And as others have stated, the browser is excellent and the screen resolution is amazing.
    02-09-13 05:03 PM
    Coming from old blackberry and then iphone and android, was a bit scare to make the move to blackberry z10.. NOW glad i did it's a beautiful machine i love it, it's not perfect but i will come like the other Os just need time! Go for it
    02-09-13 05:05 PM
    I have just moved from a Torch 9800 to the Z10 only had it for a day but.... yes, made the right decision. Like you am not a power user and don't use many apps (although could do with Tapatalk on the Z10), but really like The Hub and the virtual keyboard is excellent, and agree with the poster above about the autocorrect feature. A couple of small things though, 1 is the battery life isnt as good, but then will still be better than a friends Galaxy S3 and secondly I am worried about dropping it, my Torch was built like a tank, no case for it but dropped many times with no issues apart from the usual scratches on the side.
    Liking the experience so much I have finally registered for Crackberry after just reading it for a couple of years .
    02-09-13 05:13 PM
    Coming from old blackberry and then iphone and android, was a bit scare to make the move to blackberry z10.. NOW glad i did it's a beautiful machine i love it, it's not perfect but i will come like the other Os just need time! Go for it
    Welcome to CrackBerry!
    02-09-13 05:14 PM
    I'm not a power user. I text, use the internet, check email and use the phone for calls.
    You don't ask for much. Given that, this phone will do nicely, but so would 98% of the smartphones currently available, lol.
    02-09-13 05:23 PM
    Based on your needs, the Z10 will be perfect for you.
    02-09-13 05:50 PM
    I switched from a Torch 9800 and there is no looking back. Love the z10!

02-09-13 05:58 PM
    That's exactly what I will be using mine for as well, so I am more then sold. Long time BB user here too. As the old expression goes "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"!
    02-09-13 06:10 PM
    I switched from a Torch 9800 and there is no looking back. Love the z10!

Exactly what I did, and I was a month out of contract. As many others have said, based on your needs, go for it! amazing keyboard and browser. Good enough reasons alone!
    02-09-13 06:16 PM