I am considering going back to BlackBerry. I was a heavy BB user back when they first came out, and used them up to the point Android came out. I was on Android / iPhone since. I just started my own business, now reliability in calls / email are priority. So I was considering ordering a Z30, until I saw a lot of people talking about missing calls. So I am now considering the Z10.

My question is this. Based on real life everyday use, from people who actually own the device, what are you getting time wise from a full overnight charge? I am use to charging my Android/iPhone every night and it lasting all day (8AM to 10is PM). I use exchange email (i may get up to 20 emails in a day, but seldom look at them on the phone) and gmail email (same usage as exchange) and some facebok / twitter browsing off and on (maybe a total of an hour a day). 10-20 text messages, minimal phone calls, usually between 2-5 calls, usually under 5 mins each. Generally always on wifi, only on bluetooth in the car (phone will be plugged in then). So, with this type of usage, what can I expect from a Z10?

Thanks in advance for any real life experience.
    08-09-14 09:06 PM
    Battery life is poor for the Z10 in a nutshell

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 09:12 PM
    Hi there. Coming from a Z10 and now a Z30 I can say that I've never had missed calls.

The battery life was incredible in the beginning but Is now starting to decline with age and usage (I haven't been charging my phone the best ways lately)

Z10 battery life was decent but I'd always have to carry a spare battery back. Z30 changed that. You can easily last a day and I use my phone for multiple emails, phone calls, texts, bbm, browsing, music, wifi.

I have 4 imap email accounts, twitter, fb, igrann, on hub, what's app as well.

IMHO the Z30 is your best option. Or wait for the passport. Hope this helps!

Posted via CB10
    tsquare2112 likes this.
    08-09-14 09:12 PM
    In terms of battery life, Z10<Your average smartphone<Z30. Unless you buy one of those huge extended batteries, but then it looks ugly(uglier).
    tsquare2112 likes this.
    08-09-14 09:13 PM
    I regularly get an avg. of about 14 hours with about the same use. Some I'm sure will differ greatly and probably say that kind of life is not possible. I rarely have a hard time making it through the day, but as always, your mileage may vary. I find it perfectly acceptable with my amount of use.

Posted via the almighty Z
    tsquare2112 likes this.
    08-09-14 09:17 PM
    I am currently using my Z30. After a day of rather unusually heavy use, it is at 49%. This is on a 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM period by the way. On the subject of the missed/dropped calls, I have never experienced that. The reason that might be happening to people is that they did'nt get the right model of Z30 for their carrier, they are running a leak, or they simply don't have service. (that rarely happens, by the way) I honestly would not suggest the Z10 at this point. With the Passport right around the corner, and the fact that the Z30 is simply so much better in terms of battery life and cell signal, I would highly advise against choosing a different BB10 device. Regardless of what device you choose, you shouldn't be disappointed in the operating system. Sans a few features, it blows the legacy and competing OSes out of the water.
    tsquare2112 likes this.
    08-09-14 09:18 PM
    I am a Z10, Q10 and Z30 user ever since each were launched. Z30 is my pick. Never had missed calls. The disadvantages of Z30 which can be managed are 1)non-removable battery - hence you should have a battery-pack to charge it if you are travelling (battery doesn't last enough for me though most users feel comfortable for a fair day's usage); 2) Voice control goes off as it is easy to trigger it on. Annoying but then can nothing is perfect. Easily solved by BlackBerry if they can provide a on/off toggle; 3) No physical keyboard (but then this unit is not for such users!!!). The sound system is excellent. Very easy to handle emails, U-Tube, etc. I would recommend Z30 anytime over Z10 and of course Samsung Note3/iPhone/HTC!!!!!!! The general gripe of course continues - apps in the android and apple stores are plenty in number and quality when compared to BlackBerry appworld!

Posted via CB10
    tsquare2112 likes this.
    08-09-14 09:21 PM
    I briefly owned a Z10 a few years back (can't remember when exactly) but the reason I got rid of it was the app situation. Now I see they can handle some Android apps. I'm not a heavy app user, so its not a big deal for me. Maybe I will still consider the Z30. I have NEVER missed / dropped a call using Verizon. Never! So I know that if it happens, it will be the phone at fault.
    08-09-14 09:22 PM
    Battery life for Z10 is pathetic...at least for me. I do about a quarter of what you do and get 4-5 hrs...or less...on one charge. Battery also overheats (always has), rarely charges a full 100% (comes up to 94/95%. And lately BBM - which I don't use- has been draining the battery rapidly, esp when the phone is idle (which is a lot). Display brightness is on the lowest setting and wifi is rarely turned on.

Posted via CB10
    tsquare2112 likes this.
    08-09-14 09:26 PM
    I had both Z10 and Z30, and I loving the Z30 very much. Much better battery life, it allow you to use the phone for a extensive time, excellent reception and quality for voice call (no drop call so far), smoother andriod apps running etc

I am using Official release (SR 10.2.1.2977 on Telus) with an older version radio file for extra battery life (10.2.1.2759) from my area. Z30 is a good choice in my view, since Z10 issue is relative short battery life unless you can plug in the phone when it is idle, for price difference why not go for the 30.
    08-09-14 09:28 PM
    I switched from the Galaxy Note 3 to the Z10. My battery life is phenomenonal, compared to the Galaxy Note 3.

I have a media company so
    emails are important to me as well. I have over 9 email accounts, and I have three twitter accounts connected as well. The average day on a full overnight charge lasts from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. If you disconnect the wi fi when not in use, you will extend your battery life further. Hope this helps, good luck with your new Blackberry.

If y

Posted via CB10
    tsquare2112 likes this.
    08-09-14 09:54 PM
    Battery life for Z10 is very poor and that is a well known fact. However, the sad fact is more or less offset by the user removable battery system. Carry a spare inside a charger that also serves as container around, swap as needed.

Many people have asked why BlackBerry does not even want to make battery with higher capacity for Z10, I suppose BlackBerry simply is not focused on phones released during pre-Chen regime. It is all about Passport and Classic now.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 10:39 PM
    Carrying a spare battery is not going to happen. I have too much crap to keep up with without having to worry about that. I would stick with my S5 before switching to something that I had to carry a spare battery for.
    08-09-14 10:42 PM
    I switched from the Galaxy Note 3 to the Z10. My battery life is phenomenonal, compared to the Galaxy Note 3.

I have a media company so
    emails are important to me as well. I have over 9 email accounts, and I have three twitter accounts connected as well. The average day on a full overnight charge lasts from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. If you disconnect the wi fi when not in use, you will extend your battery life further. Hope this helps, good luck with your new Blackberry.

If y

Posted via CB10
    So you are getting great battery life from your Z10. How is yours getting better battery life over others?
    08-09-14 10:43 PM
    Ok, I'll start off by describing my usage. I have a full time desk job, so during the day I mainly use my phone for phone calls and emails. I have 3 accounts on push, and use the company wifi when at work. During lunch, I surf the net and read forums. When I get home, my usage switches to lots of gaming/browsing - I prefer the z10 to a tablet/laptop for quick web access.

Anyway, I leave for work at around 6ish, and put the phone on charge when I go to bed. Normally around 11 ish. If I play too much, I might have to put it on a bit earlier, however I get a full work day. Probably 20-30 emails, 10 texts and 5 phone calls a day. Most people probably call me a light user, as I am not on the phone all day, and I don't do social media. Gaming/video etc can empty the battery in 5-6 hours, but on standby, it lasts days. Do the maths

So, 15-17 hours real world usage.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 11:05 PM
    Oh, for those nay sayers, here is my last 48 hours. Bear in mind I don't get up as early on the weekend. Notice long times with little usage, and then heavy use (I discovered plants vs zombies).
    Honest no BS battery life request.-img_20140810_140737.png

Also, never trust the time to go in the monitor. It is based on your current usage. I have once seen 2 days remaining, and even I think that is pushing it

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 11:10 PM
    Battery life isn't great on the Z10 and gets worse over time. I find myself needing to plug-in my device at least once in the middle of the day. Unfortunately I'm to a point where the device drains about as fast as it charges. Bear in mind, I consider myself an extremely heavy user.

Honest no BS battery life request.-img_20140809_231712.png
    Last 48 hours
    08-09-14 11:19 PM
    While I do enjoy my Z10, I can't say the same about its battery life. I usually leave my phone unplugged from 8am, by the time 2pm comes it's usually around 10-20% depend on usage. I have 4 email accounts and receive in average 30 emails a day, in addition to sms (not much during work hours maybe 50 or so) , some phone calls (maybe 20-30 min) and Web researching (lasts about 30 min to an hr).

In contrast, I had an LG G2 that lasted for two days and half on the same usage. Seeing the G2 has a similar battery size to Z30, albeit its screen is a little bigger, I think you'd be happier with Z30 if battery life is crucial.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 02:30 AM
    If you truly don't have a change to charge during the day and don't want to carry a spare battery get a Z30. The Z will do about 12-14 hours with the usage you mentioned if the battery is in good shape.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 02:36 AM
    The Z10 is good enough choosing the right model for your carrier. Ensure you read up on the best OS and radio for your carrier, it may not be the one released by them.

From your usage requirement, I have a feeling your 10 would be fine.

Sent from 2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    08-10-14 02:45 AM
    My Z10 always requires midday charge. My Z30 doesn't. I'm a pretty heavy user. My display battery usage is around 30-40 percent per charge. I honestly think you should go for Z30, if battery life is important to you.
    08-10-14 03:32 AM
    On a normal day, I come off the charger at 6 am, and go back on by 10pm, and I rarely have less than 35% battery left. Some days it'll be up at 50% remaining

I drop to about 90% quickly in the first hour as I catch up with social media, news, weather, overnight emails.

I have exchange, with about 100 emails a day, hotmail with about 20 emails a day, facebook/twitter/bbm/sms average use during the day/heavier use outside of work hours. I probably spend 10 to 15 minutes a day on phone calls, never had a dropped call, and quality is always good.

I don't use Bluetooth or nfc, I have location services on, I have brightness of around 25%, and I use with on, but it is probably only connected half the time.

I don't play games.

For me, the z10 battery is fine for a normal days use, it's only when travelling that I get concerned about it.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 04:18 AM
    Dude don't get the z10 get the z30

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    08-10-14 04:21 AM
    I do roughly the same as you for usage during the day and I always get a full day out of mine easily. If you have a full charge before you start the day then with your usage you should easily get to the next charge at night without any problems.

Z10.......er......BlackDroid in action!
    08-10-14 04:56 AM
    Alright I've personally complained of the battery life on my Z10 but yesterday I went to another town with a better network coverage.. in my place I used to get full bars but the phone was always heated up because it struggled on keeping them full.. battery lasted a maximum of 6-8 hours of normal-heavy use.

Yesterday I was surprised, I had more than 3 hours of phone calls, all day on cb10 and I used the torch for more than an hour because we had a power outage. All day on carrier network no wifi And my results are :

Honest no BS battery life request.-img_20140809_230309.png

So my conclusion that it all comes back to your network coverage..

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.700
    08-10-14 05:20 AM
32 12