So i noticed some people prefer to close active frames by "Long press" on the x button instead of tapping it.
    If you don't know what I'm talking about you can try it out, just go to your active frames, keep your finger on the X on one of the frames, and it'll close after couple of seconds.
    I'm wondering what's the difference between tapping the x and holding it

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 07:36 PM
    From my experience, holding the x button until app closes ensures that the app really shuts down.

Tried this before on BBW, updates not showing for apps so I did a long press for the X and restarted BBW and then the updates started showing.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 07:41 PM
    I was wondering the same thing. I think your right though. If you hold the x down for longer it ensures that the app or frame is totally closed
    04-19-13 07:55 PM
    This is an interesting idea but I haven't seen anything to support this conclusions in the API. When you press the X the application is sent a signal to close. The API specifies how much time the application has to exit before the OS kills it. It can request more time if it has a lot of state to save or clean up to do, but the OS will kill it if it doesn't die quickly enough.

I will have to try this long press with an debug version of one of my applications to see if there is anything to this.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 09:15 PM