I know there have been a couple of threads about people hitting the SEND key when trying to hit the backspace/delete key and sending texts by mistake, but nobody has suggested any possible solution.

It's a pain in the neck and something I do all the time. Is there any setting in OS10 where I can set the SEND key to only send the text if I double tap it.? I figure it would resolve the issue for me and would seem to be a very simple fix.
    04-18-13 08:32 AM
    What if you meant to double tap backspace? I had the same issue as well and have just learned to shoot high when I go for the back space key.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 09:15 AM
    I guess I'm a little clumsy. I've tried back swiping instead of backspacing, but that erases the whole word and it's not perfect. Hate to complain as I LOVE this phone, but my texting has really taken a beating with this new keyboard. Maybe I'll check out the Q10 in a few weeks.
    04-18-13 09:18 AM
    Aim for the stars, settle for backspace.

Timett, Son of Timett
    04-18-13 09:19 AM
    I love the Z10...but the position of the send key is causing inadvertent, unfinished text to be sent....try as I may to not tap it until I am finished typing I somehow manage to touch it when typing the letter 'M' or swiping a word in that general area. It has happened often enough to make me want to pull out some of my hair. I would like to see a long press (2 second press) of the send key.
    Last edited by BernZ10; 05-13-13 at 03:01 PM.
    05-13-13 02:33 PM
    One thing that has helped me, though only for text messages that I am originating: I don't fill out the address portion until AFTER I write the message.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 02:45 PM
    Accidentally hitting send is also a problem for me. One possible solution might be to have the option of confirming that you want to send the message.. Kind of like the "confirm delete" option.
    05-14-13 12:56 AM
    I've had no problem with this personally. I find it faster to swipe to delete and to retype the word. To be honest I barely have to delete words at all because the auto correct is so accurate if I just trust the keyboard. Exception being if I type a slang word I don't use very often or an uncommon name.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 01:14 AM
    Happened to me too. It is a tad annoying - this has come up before and I think the best suggestion was to have a dedicated send key similar to emails. No idea if we will see this implemented though.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 01:14 AM
    Swipe left to delete and avoid the backspace button entirely.... lol i love it
    05-14-13 01:18 AM