So my kids all have PB's. They all have PIN's. My z10 has a pin. So why can't I easily lickety split video chat them. Huh. Why. Why does it look like a convoluted mess of they can call me but not them depending on BlackBerry world id's etc - or the other way around. This is becoming a joke.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 09:38 PM
    Call the PB's using the BB blackberry.net address.

All all PB's on the same BBID = blackberry.net address if so..... u will never get it to work.

My PB and my Z10 have same BBID, i can video call from PB to phone, but not from phone to PB.
    02-19-13 09:42 PM
    My point and question - why is it half baked. Really?!?!? I'm a long time supporter of RIM and took the brunt for the last 18 months sticking with it. This and other items like corner stone apps functionality missing - apps like be buzz or something like it, point or something like it, BlackBerry travel or something like it. Video chat from pb to z10 - you can't defer the blame to carriers or 3rd party developers. Both these devices and OS's are completely under Blackberry's control. I am quickly tiring of this. Ready to say forget it and go back to my bold 9900 and iphone combo which will quickly turn into iphone only if they up screen size. Come on BlackBerry get yo shot together already.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 09:50 PM
    For apps its developers that make them not blackberry.

So you did not answer my quetion about BBID's being the same or not?
    02-19-13 09:54 PM
    My point is I have better things to do with my time than struggle to set up video chat between two devices blackberry has total control over. Way better things to do with my time. I don't have any interest interpreting or figuring out how it should work. If I was trying to chat cross platform - ya. But they're both bb's. Should be as easy as video chat icon, enter pin, click to call. That's all. It's not. I'm done messing with video chat. Good luck to blackberry to get me to try it again down the road.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 09:58 PM
    LMAO man its so easy to video chat from PB to PB and PB to phone and PHONE to PB as long as all have separate BBID's is the best way.

In my case i did not a separate BBID for my Z10 as i wanted to be able to install apps from bb app world that i used on my playbook so i kept the same BBID = Blackberry Address when i setup the phone.

So in my case i can only video chat from PB to Phone, not Phone to my PB as its same BBID...... werid i know buts thats how it is.

It would be nice to have the phone have the exact Video Chat program installed on it, i hope blackberry does this is a newer OS update and heck they might.

For now though its so easy to do it anways if you wanting to listen and learn and if not stop fking wasting ppls time here and go back to you iphone setup.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-19-13 10:05 PM
    Don't get me started on BlackBerry ID either

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 10:08 PM
    Are you serious? It's plain and simple, you can't have the same bb-id on all your damn devices if you're trying to call it from a Z with the same bb-id.

Set up each PlayBook with its own ******* ID and you won't have this issue. It's not rocket science, it's very apparent of why it won't work any other way.

I can call all the PlayBook's I know from my Z, and vice versa. Simple.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG and marts1x like this.
    02-19-13 10:18 PM