Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,611 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Hilarious story!

So my brother and sister in law went to T-Mobile to get their Z10's. The rep said only one of them could get an upgrade so my sister in law got it and my brother (who has been dying for this for since it was talked about) couldn't get one. So he gets home and decides to call T-Mobile customer service. He says, "yeah, I would like to upgrade to a Blackberry Z10." The rep says sorry, but you are not due for one. My brother keeps saying, "yeah, but I would REALLY like to upgrade to a Blackberry Z10." He kept saying it over and over again. Lmao so the rep says, "okay, can you hold for a moment?" The rep comes back to say, "yeah, sorry, but you are not due for one." So he says again, "could you direct me to someone who can upgrade me to a Blackberry Z10?" and eventually after he keeps asking for an upgrade, the T-Mobile rep says, "could you hold again?" He comes back and says, "alright sir, we are going to just go ahead and give you an upgrade." LMAO so he paid and he'll get it in the mail. I was in tears while listening to this. He pretty much just kept saying he wanted to upgrade to the phone and the guy just gave in.
    New York Yankees lovee.
    @eringaith
    instagram.com/erinmmg
    Thanked by 2:
    MrP (03-26-2013),  UndeadNinjaa (03-27-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Lmao! Way to be persistent!

Posted via CB10
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ErinnM View Post
    LMAO so he paid and he'll get it in the mail. I was in tears while listening to this. He pretty much just kept saying he wanted to upgrade to the phone and the guy just gave in.
    I guess BB have their work cut out for them in the U.S. I wonder if it's a lack of communication between corporate and the sales reps? Early days, so it may just be a communication error. If it continues six months down the road, then that signals something else! Glad to hear that your brother got his upgrade in any event. Cheers.
    CrackBerry User

That works like a charm, that or threaten to leave and they will transfer you to a department called (the last resort) LMAO
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,495 Global Posts

That's hilarious!
    October 2006 - December 2008: Samsung 1310 Flip Phone->December 2008 - December 2009: BB Pearl 8100->December 2009 - March 2013: BB Curve 8520->March 2013 - August 2013: BB Curve 9300->(2013: Bricked 7290)->August 2013+: BB Z10!
    Remember the Thanks Button is just below!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ErinnM View Post
    "could you direct me to someone who can upgrade me to a Blackberry Z10?"
    Haha, love it.

Posted via CB10
    ErinnM likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    PIN
    24d8ce7d

love it. BlackBerry users sure are persistant. i'll have to remember that trick
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,611 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

He got the idea from a friend who did the same thing to Sony when he wanted to buy a fan for his laptop. He didn't want to pay to have them do it since he can himself. They wouldn't sell him one but he kept asking for it and eventually they caved. LOL
    New York Yankees lovee.
    @eringaith
    instagram.com/erinmmg
    CrackBerry Genius

Too cute////
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    If ur sexy>>>pm me

I like it I know what im doing now
    "I gotta Z10......I gotta Z10....Hey...Hey...Hey....Hey"........
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,611 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

I never worked as a rep, but I believe they cannot hang up on you unless you're cursing or yelling, etc. Be all calm and persistent.
    New York Yankees lovee.
    @eringaith
    instagram.com/erinmmg
    CrackBerry Addict

TMO just rolled out their new pricing schedule and they also got rid of their 2 year contracts. As to phone upgrades, there seems to be no "upgrades" per se like before when there was a two year contract when one can upgrade only when his 2 year contract is done. I don't know, but my upgrade should be due in June yet, but when I try to upgrade my phone online, it allows me to upgrade to a Z10 with a 99 downpayment and $18/mo for 24 months. But I did not finalize the deal since I'm really waiting for the Q10. However, I went to the store to get a Z10 for my wife, whose Pearl is well qualified for an upgrade also for $99 initial payment. But the best part is that we were able to avail of their new price schedule which brought down our recurring cost by $50!!

If you are on TMO, check out their new price schedule....you may be able to save a bundle!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

I've been doing that to Sprint for 13 years. ;-) Sadly that one won't work with the Z10, so VZW here I come... and they don't seem like the type to give in so easily. I'll miss Sprint (sort of).
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts

Haha! Way to go!

Posted via CB10
    HTC Droid Incredible --> Apple iPhone 4s --> Nokia Lumia 920 --> BlackBerry Z10 --> HTC One --> iPhone 5

If I don't respond to you, it probably means that I am tired of the thread. Please PM me if you need to ask me something, vent, whine, respond to a post, ect.
    CrackBerry User

Question

The customer is always right - even when he's being a pain in the arse! I guess being REALLY single-minded helps.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,611 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

His upgrade wasn't for another 4 months. He definitely didn't wanna wait that long. lol

Yeah before I switched from Sprint, they were very good about giving you what you want. Especially if you threatened to leave.
    New York Yankees lovee.
    @eringaith
    instagram.com/erinmmg
    CrackBerry Genius

lol awesome that's dedication.
    CrackBerry Abuser

ErinnM

I want your brother with me next time I go shopping for a car. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    Eric Shapiro likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by eninrebmun View Post
    I've been doing that to Sprint for 13 years. ;-) Sadly that one won't work with the Z10, so VZW here I come... and they don't seem like the type to give in so easily. I'll miss Sprint (sort of).
    Verizon will do the same, it's hit or miss and they are becoming more "misses" lately
    VzW Z10 & Z30 10.2.1.3247
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Tell your brother to register here
    David in Durham and ErinnM like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,611 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight City View Post
    Tell your brother to register here
    I mention Crackberry to him... I'll tell him to download the app when he gets his early upgrade Z10 in the mail.
    New York Yankees lovee.
    @eringaith
    instagram.com/erinmmg
    Midnight City likes this.
    CrackBerry User

lmao- I literally laughed out loud, tell your brother to take a bow....
    CrackBerry User

Sweet story. Does T-Mobile not have an option to pay off the remaining balance so you can upgrade early? I can't imagine any carrier/retailer not wanting to sell product. So assinine.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

This will never work in singapore. The customer officer will just hang up on you. lol
    BB Z30, Z10, 9900, 9700
    ErinnM likes this.
    CrackBerry User

I did that with Telus here in Canada, politely insisting that if i couldn't get a better plan for my whole family that i would cancel everything and go back to a landline. 45 minutes later i was put through to the 'loyalty program person' and within another 45 minutes we got a wayyyy better plan AND since i just finished my 3 year contract on my Storm2 they upgraded me to a Z10 for free with a new contract. They also threw in a new Iphone for my wife(she had to have one of those things because all her friends have one) and she still had a year left on her contract, free of charge. Now that she sees how much better my z10 camera is and how easy it is to type and transfer music and video to it, she wishes that she got the z10 too. Also, after coming home from holidays i just plugged in my hdmi cable to the tv and started viewing pics and videos from the trip. She has to go through a lot more steps to do that. Go BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    DJRikko and ErinnM like this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast