I have had the Z10 for less than a week and I have already used over 4 GB of data. I have received 4 notifications from AT&T about being over my plan. Once I went over the 5 GB allotment I got an additional text this morning saying I was at 75% of usage of my additional 1 GB overage. Not 15 minutes later I got another one saying I was at 100%. Mind you, I was not using the phone, I was actually at an AT&T/Apple/AirWatch tech event. This seems very odd. Not sure what could actually be using the data. I usually close all of the apps from the running apps screen. I have GMail, and an Exchange account for work setup. I also have GVoice as a bookmark but not open. Those are the only apps, I would think would be using data in the background, not GVoice, but the email accounts. Has anyone else noticed this? I have 9 days left before monthly rollover and I am really considering going back to my Nexus 4 if this keeps up. We have one more Z10 coming from BlackBerry for testing and hopefully that one doesn't do that either or we'll have to kill BBRY from our plans and migrate our BBRY users to Android or iOS. Any help is appreciated.
    04-02-13 01:25 PM
    That doesn't make sense. Something else must be running, or you must have downloaded lots of **** for that to happen. That's a lot of data, that doesn't happen on its own. Alternatively, it could be an error from the carrier.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    04-02-13 01:37 PM
    Seem to read this a lot. Either something is f'd up or something is f'd up.
    04-02-13 01:39 PM
    Any downloading, including app updates, I do over WiFi. I've been condition to do this being an Android user. I also do not EVER remember my other BlackBerry devices having issues like this. I don't watch Netflix. I do use Pandora and TuneIn Radio on my 15 minute drive into work and back home. At work, it's on WiFi, at home, it's on WiFi. This reminds me of the problem iOS had when either the 4 or 4S came out and even if you had WiFi on, traffic was being directed over carrier data coverage. This was on AT&T. I hope this isn't the issue.
    04-02-13 01:43 PM
    I'd suggest taking this up to ATT and see if they can figure it out. I also have ATT and have used barely any data. I am on wifi a lot though.
    04-02-13 01:43 PM
    That doesn't sound right, do you close running apps, watch a lot of videos online , because I've had mine since February 5th somehow I've never managed to use up all my data....

Posted Via CB10 La Z10
    04-02-13 01:46 PM
    You must have missed my reply. No online video and I close all the apps on the running apps screen.
    04-02-13 01:48 PM
    I'd suggest taking this up to ATT and see if they can figure it out. I also have ATT and have used barely any data. I am on wifi a lot though.
    Not sure if I can take this up with AT&T since it's free phone from BlackBerry that they sent us to try out BES10. We're supposed to have another one, but it hasn't arrived yet. I want to see if that one also does it. If so, I would lean to this being a BES10 issue along with our mobil email server from IBM.
    04-02-13 01:49 PM
    My wife's z10 had glitches ever since she got her phone, (same day as mine), mine has been great since day 1,hers is great now too after doing a security wipe.

Her phone was using up all our home WiFi as well as depleting her 1 gig data plan in an hour! Turns out she sent an email containing a bunch of hockey pictures and it kept sending it for days on end!

A security wipe is painless as it reinstalls your operating system when it finishes, then you can go into BlackBerry World and download all your apps again. Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 01:56 PM
    My wife's z10 had glitches ever since she got her phone, (same day as mine), mine has been great since day 1,hers is great now too after doing a security wipe.

Her phone was using up all our home WiFi as well as depleting her 1 gig data plan in an hour! Turns out she sent an email containing a bunch of hockey pictures and it kept sending it for days on end!

A security wipe is painless as it reinstalls your operating system when it finishes, then you can go into BlackBerry World and download all your apps again. Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I might have to do that to get through this testing phase without tossing this phone. :-)
    04-02-13 02:00 PM