I have on unlocked Z10 that works great on wifi, but does not have data otherwise. The apn settings are greyed out and AT&T says that they can't help because there will be aspecial data plan for Z10 that is not yet available.
    02-09-13 08:34 PM
    Not true I have an unlocked Z10 all I asked for was a microSIM card and they activated it and put it in... same data plan as was with my 9900 didn't have to change it. I only get 4G not LTE which is fine by me... I expect the LTE will be available when the phones actually release here in the US

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    indie_b likes this.
    02-09-13 08:37 PM
    Not true I have an unlocked Z10 all I asked for was a microSIM card and they activated it and put it in... same data plan as was with my 9900 didn't have to change it. I only get 4G not LTE which is fine by me... I expect the LTE will be available when the phones actually release here in the US

You are not the only one I have heard that from.. Are you able to change your APN settings?
    02-09-13 08:44 PM
    Many phones show 4G instead of LTE also are you sure you have a device compatible with LTE bands AT&T uses?

I have on unlocked Z10 that works great on wifi, but does not have data otherwise. The apn settings are greyed out and AT&T says that they can't help because there will be aspecial data plan for Z10 that is not yet available.
    what type of plan you have right now, in the apn what it says?
    02-09-13 08:47 PM
    Its a blackberry personal plan for a torch 9800.. settings are blank
    02-09-13 08:52 PM
    real LTE will be available when ATT makes it avaiable in whatever place in the world you are.
    02-09-13 08:53 PM
    Im doing this same thing with unlocked GSM. Went to ATT and got a microSIM card and the lady was confident it would work. Will let you guys know whent the phone gets here this week. This is gonna be great....if it does.
    02-09-13 08:55 PM
    Bell in Canada has the same issues...but, try a few of your buddies LTE SIM cards from diffrent service providers...some will auto correct the APN while some wont...its a default thing in the SIM not a hard code in the device (as best as I can figure).
    02-09-13 09:02 PM
    Its a blackberry personal plan for a torch 9800.. settings are blank
    If you have a blackberry data plan it should work just fine, under apn settings, it doesn't say anything at all or is greyed out and you can't change it.
    Also are you completely sure is unlocked?
    go to settings, security and privacy, SIM Card. it should read UNLOCKED under network, network subset and service provider
    02-09-13 09:05 PM
    I just have a simple 3gb data plan nothing special or specific to BlackBerry. I have access to apn and when these phones are released for att then ill get LTE. if u have an unlocked Z10 you can get LTE some ppl I know have iphone or galaxy data plans on their Z10 just to get LTE service... I am fine with 4G

02-09-13 09:06 PM
    @ealvnv yes my Z10 is LTE comparable and I do get LTE service in my area just didn't want to change my data plan to access it right now.. I can wait for the release. And when they do release ill know if I need dif SIM but for now I am good. I have had my Z since launch

02-09-13 09:09 PM
    I just have a simple 3gb data plan nothing special or specific to BlackBerry. I have access to apn and when these phones are released for att then ill get LTE. if u have an unlocked Z10 you can get LTE some ppl I know have iphone or galaxy data plans on their Z10 just to get LTE service... I am fine with 4G

what it says in your apn, there are different apn settings to get LTE depending on your device
    02-09-13 09:10 PM
    I got it! I logged into at&t and changed it from "blackberry personal" to "blackberry personal 3g/4g" did a security wipe and VOILA! Must need at least a 4G enabled Data Plan. APN settings are still blank, but it sends and received data at 4G
    02-09-13 09:21 PM
    Yeah, i have AT&T on the Z10 and have 4G LTE on it, speeds are amazing. I had the same problem at first with just having 4G then fixed it.
    02-09-13 09:21 PM
    Correct info on this is you would need an LTE capable data plan. On AT&T that would be any of the newer androids, iPhone 5, or the Nokia lumia line with the 900 or 920. Otherwise no LTE.
    02-09-13 09:22 PM
    hey when you are using it on Att does it let you change the signal type like from 4g to 3g to maybe even 2g
    cause this is pretty useful for when you absolutely need to save battery I remember reading an article on crackberry saying that on some carriers you cant change it on the phone
    not sure but i think this setting is under network connections or something
    thanks i am waiting for my LE to get here so I am not able to test it my self on Att
    02-09-13 09:27 PM
    No, you cant change on att from 4g to 3g.

Help! Z10 on AT&T-img_00000138.jpg
    02-09-13 09:31 PM
    Correct info on this is you would need an LTE capable data plan. On AT&T that would be any of the newer androids, iPhone 5, or the Nokia lumia line with the 900 or 920. Otherwise no LTE.
    Well I had a 9900 with a BlackBerry data plan, I just placed the sim on the Z10 and got LTE nothing special had to be done

02-09-13 09:31 PM
    Mine is having a strange issue on AT&T - I boot up fine and AT&T LTE shows up... then after a few minutes the connection seems to drop (still says AT&T LTE) and then it comes back later on or if I reset the network connections it comes back. My APN just says "phone" and I cannot change it. It does not seem to affect email but it does affect anything else that uses internet access. Any ideas?
    02-11-13 05:53 PM
    I got it! I logged into at&t and changed it from "blackberry personal" to "blackberry personal 3g/4g" did a security wipe and VOILA! Must need at least a 4G enabled Data Plan. APN settings are still blank, but it sends and received data at 4G
    This is probably a required step. AT&T has decided that "4G" devices (including BlackBerry Bold 9900) must be switched to a "3G/4G" plan to continue working on the same WCDMA network whether LTE is available at all (to the device or based on coverage).
    02-11-13 06:09 PM
    This is probably a required step. AT&T has decided that "4G" devices (including BlackBerry Bold 9900) must be switched to a "3G/4G" plan to continue working on the same WCDMA network whether LTE is available at all (to the device or based on coverage).
    That is ridiculous on Att to restrict the Z10 since it definitely has full LTE support
    02-11-13 06:25 PM
    That is ridiculous on Att to restrict the Z10 since it definitely has full LTE support
    I agree. I think it's even more outrageous that AT&T demands that you switch to a "compatible" GSM / WCDMA plan both the existing and new plans accessed the same GSM / WCDMA networks. Market clout lets you get away with all sorts of things.
    02-11-13 06:35 PM
    quick question, have you guys been able to update to the latest software? Ive heard its very hard to do on the unlocked z10's
    03-08-13 06:24 PM
    hey when you are using it on Att does it let you change the signal type like from 4g to 3g to maybe even 2g
    cause this is pretty useful for when you absolutely need to save battery I remember reading an article on crackberry saying that on some carriers you cant change it on the phone
    not sure but i think this setting is under network connections or something
    thanks i am waiting for my LE to get here so I am not able to test it my self on Att
    have you been able to change these settings?
    03-23-13 09:24 PM
    Updates go by sim,so if you have a AT&T sim the update will come to the unlocked device. The apn is blocked but works maybe it works by sim as well.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 10:00 PM
29 12