Getting a lot of error messages from the android side of things. It says a have a 3.22gb thumbnail file when I used clean master to scan the phone. I'm on OS 10.3.2.
    I've been signed out of everything after restarting the device. Pictures app doesn't load the media card though its in there.
    I tried to download CM security but I am unable to install in because the android installer won't launch.
    This all happened after installing Cobalts patched apps: Google ID, google play service, google+ whitelist, google account manager, google play store, and a patched version of snapchat.
    I don't know how to fix this. I pray I won't need to wipe my device. After all the above happened, I immediately had storage problems and the phone says some apps can't open or function because device memory/storage is low and I need to free up space.
    I got a suggestion to use ghost commander to clean up the system, but I don't even know where to start there and what the hell to even delete.
    I even see a notification that I need to sign in again with Blackberry ID because one or more applications/services require you to verify your Blackberry ID.
    Even my quick settings have been reset from my custom ones now all of a sudden; that happened just now while creating this post. WTF

HELP! please.
    07-06-15 06:24 AM
    My patched apps do not affect the android runtime. They are NOT installed in a ROOT or SYSTEM context and therefore can not harm your runtime.

It looks like you have been playing to much with cleanmaster and other service tools.
    cristianoCR9 likes this.
    07-06-15 06:41 AM
    Sorry but a wipe is inevitable. Be careful when using unofficial installs.

Posted via CB10
    cristianoCR9 likes this.
    07-06-15 06:43 AM
    I haven't used unofficial installs. All downloads are from Snap and more recently the patched google play store. So at your best guess Cobalt, what is the issue here? I am merely stating when all of this suddenly happened and what I had done prior to this. One battery pull later and boom. I can't even install because when trying to run the android installer it just says 'Unable to install app'.
    What should I do going forward. Just give me a step by step. I just want to fix this and not lose all my important info.
    07-06-15 06:48 AM
    Since you used too much applications that I think you did not have an idea on what those apps do, and now you are in deep **** with your unit...

The enevitable (or someone will reply sooner) to load a new os..

Post-it via CB10 on Z10 stl100-2
    cristianoCR9 likes this.
    07-06-15 06:55 AM
    Since you used too much applications that I think you did not have an idea on what those apps do, and now you are in deep **** with your unit...

The enevitable (or someone will reply sooner) to load a new os..

Post-it via CB10 on Z10 stl100-2
    Lol, I guess so, though I did follow all instructions down to a tee.
    Idk. I just feel its something to do with that darn snapchat that I patched with gmaps. Something just went crazy after all that.

I'm just gonna power down the phone completely and wait for a response from Cobalt or anyone else to see if there is anything that can be done before a security wipe.
    I'm not even sure what happens following a wipe. Thankfully I did a full backup before upgrading to this new OS 4 days ago
    07-06-15 07:00 AM
    Truth be told, I don't even want to sign in to anything on the device. It almost feels as if its been infected somehow. lol
    I mean for god sakes, can't even use the android installer that comes with OS 10.3.2
    07-06-15 07:03 AM
    Maybe the Device Storage is too low

Posted via CB10
    cristianoCR9 likes this.
    07-06-15 08:38 AM
    Maybe the Device Storage is too low

Posted via CB10
    Well I went ahead and deleted that suspect thumbnail file that was 3.25gb of the device storage, don't ask me how it got there and worse it's creation date was in 2014, mind you this file just appeared for the 1st time a day ago. Things have seemed to settle down now, no error messages , but I still feel uncomfortable signing back into my blackberry ID and other stuff. I wanna run a scan on it somehow for my piece of mind.
    Recommend a good virus or system scanner perhaps?
    07-06-15 11:10 AM
    Wipe your device and buy an android phone. Blackberry is not android.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 08:31 PM
    You might just delete anything google and it should go back to normal but cant say exactly as you dont even know what you did so how can we? If that doest help, then like mentioned above, go the autoloader route

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    cristianoCR9 likes this.
    07-06-15 08:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for partly stating the obvious. If I wanted an android device I would have one already. Unfortunately there are few applications that I like and use that are not made for blackberry and those 3rd party apps that I also have don't carry all the features of the originals.
    I managed to fix the issues, and clean up the internal memory. Everything is working normally now; no need to wipe the device as everyone automatically suggests. The system was essentially choking on itself to run the system applications with low device storage.
    07-06-15 09:37 PM
    You might just delete anything google and it should go back to normal but cant say exactly as you dont even know what you did so how can we? If that doest help, then like mentioned above, go the autoloader route

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    I know all the steps I took that lead to this issue. As android apps always do, they take a crap in your device leaving trails of extra files that pile up for no good reason. I cleaned it all up though. And I removed the one app that was installed between the last of two reboots. Will continue to monitor but things are smooth currently. thanks
    07-06-15 09:40 PM
    Okay. Which app was the culprit? I use clean master myself. I try and clean junk files every couple of days.

I know all the steps I took that lead to this issue. As android apps always do, they take a crap in your device leaving trails of extra files that pile up for no good reason. I cleaned it all up though. And I removed the one app that was installed between the last of two reboots. Will continue to monitor but things are smooth currently. thanks
    07-07-15 12:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    ..what a wise suggestion..lol.. but we will be thankful if BlackBerry can run all andro apps. Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 01:14 AM
    Okay. Which app was the culprit? I use clean master myself. I try and clean junk files every couple of days.
    A patched version of Snapchat from the crackberry forums. It dropped off a couple packages in my internal memory causing the creation of corrupted files that would continuously replicate, taking up memory and device storage cause a **** load of errors and app crashes. I wiped it with clean master and did a removal of the invasive stuff with CM security. I'm gonna use ghost commander to do a thorough look through to see what other useless files are there in the internal memory on behalf of android apps.
    07-07-15 01:50 AM
    Well I went ahead and deleted that suspect thumbnail file that was 3.25gb of the device storage, don't ask me how it got there and worse it's creation date was in 2014, mind you this file just appeared for the 1st time a day ago. Things have seemed to settle down now, no error messages , but I still feel uncomfortable signing back into my blackberry ID and other stuff. I wanna run a scan on it somehow for my piece of mind.
    Recommend a good virus or system scanner perhaps?
    You're playing with fire. I would just wipe the device if there's any sign of malware. You don't want to risk having your information stolen by some random company in China.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    cristianoCR9 likes this.
    07-07-15 09:43 AM
    You're playing with fire. I would just wipe the device if there's any sign of malware. You don't want to risk having your information stolen by some random company in China.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    Everything is stable and I believe most of my worry came from just fright. I made sure to isolate all issues and remove before logging into anything. And I have all accounts set up to notify me of anytime my device logs in to anything even though i am the owner of the accounts. Removable storage was removed prior to everything as well. I feel comfortable now, but I assure you your advice does now fall of deaf ears.
    Thanks CarGuy
    07-07-15 03:38 PM