I had to start a separate thread for this, because everyone is reporting different issues and I cannot seem to get any resolution for the problem I am having...

Since updating to 4181 everything has been fine, except my battery life on the Z10 has been cut in half! I used to enjoy about 16 hours of battery life, but since updating I only get around 8 or 9 now. This is driving me nuts, as I cannot go a full day, since updating on Monday, without my phone dying on me.

Some people have said my phone is indexing, but should it take this long?

Please someone help!!!
    08-01-13 11:54 AM
    I didn't start to get decent battery life till today. I was charging twice a day after the update. I've had the media player on for 4 hours, been surfing, talking, texting, emailing, I'm still at 80%.

I've had the phone on for 8 hours, btw.
    08-01-13 12:59 PM
    That is unreal performance. I have never seen anything that good...

Maybe I should wipe my device and start from scratch?
    08-01-13 01:09 PM
    I just left it alone and it righted itself. That's just me though.
    08-01-13 03:03 PM
    OK, I'll try that before I try reloading the OS. Mine is not showing any evidence of getting better though
    08-01-13 03:36 PM
    My battery life has gone to **** as well. I'm not sure why. Just from an update? All I've done since I updated was use set a password seeing as now we can do simple pins. I'm going to shut off password and see if that helps, but I doubt it. Hopefully it gets resolved though.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 03:54 PM
    I had this issue too. From my PlayBook I know that deleting the email account and configure it once again helped. So i tried this and now I'm on a good performance. If you are on an exchange just save your profile once again. Report if it solves your problem.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 04:07 PM
    I had this issue too. From my PlayBook I know that deleting the email account and configure it once again helped. So i tried this and now I'm on a good performance. If you are on an exchange just save your profile once again. Report if it solves your problem.

Posted via CB10
    So are you suggesting removing my accounts (email, contacts, calendar) or just the emails, and re-add them?
    Or just go into the account settings and re-save them?
    08-01-13 06:16 PM
    My battery life is the same or better here on Telus. No other issues either

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 06:17 PM
    Mine kills the battery in 8 hours without even using it since update.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 06:18 PM
    I have noticed the same battery problem, in fact, I same searching hoping to find others. I've had to charge mine twice today, after minor usage.

After the first update that fixed battery issues, I wasn't expecting to somehow take a step back with battery life. I hope this gets resolved very soon.
    08-01-13 08:37 PM
    I'm lucky if I get 6 hours. I'm starting to think blackberry intentionally put battery issues into bb10 devices and inability to work with old car chargers/bb7 chargers just so they can profit off of oem accessories that we're forced to buy. Its actually kind of genius. I guarantee on 10.4/10.5 all battery issues will magically be resolved.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 08:52 PM
    I had the same problem, after updating to 10.1.0.4181, the battery life on my Z10 (Rogers) just sucked!

Here's the scoop I got.. because I installed the update over wifi (or as some say OTA - over the air etc), some packets of information may have gone wrong, or didn't install and so the battery life was affected. Tech suggested if all else failed, to use Link and reload the device software.

So i booted up Link, attached the Z10 with the USB Cable, and waited for almost an hour for everything to Sync, THEN did a full back up (another 30minute endeavor).
    I was about to proceed with reloading the software, but then miraculously Link said there was an update for my phone; the same 10.1.0.4181 i updated to over wifi two days ago!! (bare in mind my phone shows i already have 10.1.0.4181 installed). So I hit install anyway, it did whatever its supposed to do, and boom I'm back to normal here. Didn't have to reload the OS after all, just reinstall the update using the Link pc software.

Going forward, whenever I see an OS update show up in the hub, i'll boot up Link on the pc and update the old fashioned way.
    Hope this helps.
    08-01-13 10:47 PM
    Here's the scoop I got.. because I installed the update over wifi (or as some say OTA - over the air etc), some packets of information may have gone wrong, or didn't install and so the battery life was affected. Tech suggested if all else failed, to use Link and reload the device software.
    Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense. wireless protocol has error checking in place to account for lost packets. if a packet was indeed lost, it would be retransmitted. that is why throughput and bandwidth is affected in areas with fringe coverage. lots of lost packets means many re-transmissions, means a sluggish connection speed and page reloads.

but I am glad that worked out for you. I currently have battery issues too, but I've narrowed it down to an app that doesn't like the update. if I don't run it, I get the same battery life as before (50% left at the end of my 10 hr day).
    08-01-13 11:11 PM
    Which app? I am suspecting skype myself.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 01:13 AM
    My battery life has gone straight into the shi**er. Get 6 hours at max with semi-moderate use. I thought it was whatsapp, which I deleted, but that didn't help. Have tried two different batteries and the same thing.

Started to happen in the past month and was hoping the 10.1MR would fix the issue, but nothing. Might file for a warranty claim.
    08-02-13 10:36 AM
    I've had exactly the same issues with my Z10. Before update I was happy with one days usage (I'm a heavy user) but now the device is nearly flat after about 6.5 hours of use. I'm probably going to have to rollback.
    08-02-13 10:37 AM
    Which app? I am suspecting skype myself.

Posted via CB10
    Oddly enough the app I use the most, neutron. I usually leave it running 24/7, so it was easy to see what was running up my idle draw.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 10:53 AM
    My battery life is virtually the same from before and after update to MR. Give it a few days to settle, OSs need to be coddled! If it persists more than 4 days or a week, I'd security wipe.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 10:58 AM
    .. I am disappointed to say the least. Why does the end user have to figure out how to fix this?.. where the .... is BB in all this?. Last night I fully charged my Z10, unplugged in from the power source. left in on my desk.. in the morning after 6 hours of non use, no apps running the phone was dead..

I really want BB to succeed .. but I am thinking about going back to an iPhone.. I gave my iPhone 5 to a friend as a gift.. again I am so disappointed. BB does not communicate at all with the end user... if they have I can't find out where.
    Rod
    08-05-13 09:19 AM
    How does a phone with a bad update right itself... thats a new one on me.
    08-05-13 09:21 AM
    I have had the same result since updating my Z10 to 4181 - noticing my battery life being horrible!

I'm down to 4-6 hours of idle time/minimal use.

What's the fix? Please BB help before I switch back like Rod does!
    08-06-13 06:11 AM
    Get a Mugen Power 3800 mAh battery for the Z10. Can actually get through a whole day with battery to spare. It also still allows use of NFC.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 01:11 PM
    My Battery life was always horrible on my Z-10 right from the get go!! I know this doesn't help but I loaded 10.2 on my Z-10 yesterday afternoon did a clean install and only ported over my contacts using the app Contact X nothing more. I then reloaded all the apps I had back on via BlackBerry World, then sideloaded Instagram, m y Z-10 has never ran this good and I'm happy to say my battery life has improved big time! Not sure if it has anything to do with loading 10.2 but what ever happened my Z has never ran this good! By the way the 10.2 blows 10.1 away in performance and in added features.
    08-07-13 01:31 PM
    I had also a bad battery life after the update. I have just removed some android apps and rebooted and I enjoy now 20hours of battery life versus 11h before.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 01:58 PM
29 12