Whenever I make a phone call on the blackberry z10 to someone, they can never hear me; however when someone calls me they can hear me. My voice command works fine so I don't think my microphone is broken...but what's going on here? any solutions? this is really annoying. I've tried pulling the battery, but that doesnt fix anything
    03-20-13 06:30 PM
    Update: actually people can't hear me when they call me either...but when i go onto speaker phone they can hear me. any thoughts?
    Jacqui Purland likes this.
    03-20-13 06:34 PM
    It might be broke. Hate to say it but check the mute.
    03-20-13 06:36 PM
    Muted?

Have you tried rebooting?

Posted via CB10 on the Z10
    03-20-13 06:37 PM
    Just a couple of silly but basic "checks" (no intention to offend here, just double checking aiming to help):

Could it be your hand placement (if using right hand to hold the phone is highly probable) on the mute button? If by accident you press the middle button on the top of the right side of the phone while talking, then you will mute your call. Double check that this is not what happens please. (as I said, most probably you already have, but just puting this here to get it out of the way).

2. Have you tried using a headphones-mic set? If so does it work when using it or not?
    03-20-13 06:42 PM
    I've already tried playing around with the mute button, but it makes no difference...I also tried rebooting a couple times too but theres still no change :s
    03-20-13 06:42 PM
    I've already tried playing around with the mute button, but it makes no difference...I also tried rebooting a couple times too but theres still no change :s
    Looks like you are in for a device OS reinstall and if that does not work maybe you should check with your provider for a replacement (or whoever gave you the guaranty) :s

PS: have you tried with headphones-mic set?
    03-20-13 06:45 PM
    Just a couple of silly but basic "checks" (no intention to offend here, just double checking aiming to help):

Could it be your hand placement (if using right hand to hold the phone is highly probable) on the mute button? If by accident you press the middle button on the top of the right side of the phone while talking, then you will mute your call. Double check that this is not what happens please. (as I said, most probably you already have, but just puting this here to get it out of the way).

2. Have you tried using a headphones-mic set? If so does it work when using it or not?
    I just tried using the headset and it works perfectly when I'm using that! It's just how do i get it to work without the headset now? any ideas?
    03-20-13 06:46 PM
    ATT had this issues with the 9810 and some of the OS builds, what carrier are you using the phone on?
    03-20-13 06:49 PM
    ATT had this issues with the 9810 and some of the OS builds, what carrier are you using the phone on?
    I'm with MTS
    03-20-13 07:13 PM
    I just tried using the headset and it works perfectly when I'm using that! It's just how do i get it to work without the headset now? any ideas?
    Ok... now I think that this is crazy... could be your 2nd mic balancing out stuff and being busted?
    I am no technician here. What I would do if I were in your shoes would be fully restore the phone' s OS and if that does not work I would assume this is somehow hardware related and should be returned for a replacement with new phone... I am really sorry you are suffering this.

At least you can use earphones set until you get it sorted out.

Hit the shop you got it from ma you are in warranty I suppose. The should replace like immediately I guess. Make sure to find out if software updates you might perform your self might make your warranty disputable by your carrier. Just saying

Good luck and let us know please. Sorry I cannot be of more assistance
    Last edited by currentodysseys; 03-21-13 at 05:53 AM.
    03-20-13 09:26 PM
    I think you should try to get a replacement if possible just in case you have a dud.
    03-20-13 09:29 PM
    Can you take and post a snap shot of a live call.
    Do you have blue tooth enabled and the phone is trying to use blue tooth connection?

Proudly posted via Z10 on CB10
    03-20-13 09:37 PM
    I wouldn't muck around, bit of a major issue really - take the phone back and get a new one

Mike posted via CB10
    03-20-13 11:46 PM
    I am with Telus and I have the exact same problem. Just started this morning. 3 calls so far, it rings, I answer and neither party can hear the other. Definitely not muted. Tried speaker phone - nothing, Texting and BBM work.

Restart - Fixed it for now. We will see what happens.
    03-21-13 12:57 PM
    i had this exact same problem when I bought the phone. Returned it immediately, Bell took it back and gave me a new one after trying it out themselves. If you had just gotten the phone, I suggest you do the same.
    03-21-13 01:05 PM
    exactly a day after using my z10 phone..callers cant hear me when they call or i call them.dont know what the problem is
    04-18-13 04:59 PM
    anyone got this problem solved?
    04-18-13 08:12 PM
    please did you get this problem resolved..just got into same thing now and has no ide on what to do.
    04-18-13 08:13 PM
    I had that happen but only when I was in my house. It didn't happen all the time but it was sure irritating.
    Here is the embarrassing part... I would sometimes leave my blue tooth on and in my car. My phone would ring. I would answer it, and I would hear the person, but obviously they couldnt hear me.
    Needless to say. I'm pretty good at turning my bluetooth off!
    04-18-13 08:18 PM
    The exact same thing is happening to me. So frustrating.
    06-02-13 10:40 PM
    Just got Q10. Mic broke, have to return to AT&T.
    06-20-13 06:35 PM
    Hi guys, I've been having this issue for a few weeks. If you install the 10.1.0.273 update it resolves the problem. Only issue is when it happens I have to keep installing the update as if the phone won't save it. It constantly prompts for it even though it's installed. Happens once a week now, anyone have any thoughts on why the update won't stick?

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 11:32 AM
    I am having this issue for the last hour or so. Previously I have solved it by a reboot but this time it persists.

1. It doesn't look like an issue with the Mic. Voice Note works. During the call, I could actually hear my own voice from the ear piece, but it's just not sent to the remote side.

2. It works fine if I use the headset.

3. I am on 10.1.0.4633.

I am not exactly sure what's wrong yet.
    09-18-13 09:21 AM
    I've had the same issue, but intermittently. If I switch to speakerphone, it works. I've just reinstalled the OS, and the problem still exists. It was working at first, but the last couple calls haven't worked. Same on incoming or outgoing calls. It is similar to before when I would connect to the handsfree bluetooth in the car, but the microphone wouldn't work. I could hear the people talking, but they couldn't hear me at all. I would have to switch to speakerphone to finish the call, but this is not always an option. The microphone isn't completely broken because it still works sometimes, but there is definitely something going on that can't be solved by a reboot. The car bluetooth problem seems to have been 'resolved' when I stopped using my phone to play music on my drive home because when it was connected to the AUX it would always have this problem (the phone would connect, but wouldn't speak). Maybe there's something similar going on here, or maybe I just need a new phone.
    09-24-13 06:43 PM
75 123