Having done this n number of times now, started installing the latest leaked OS. I know the drill having installed other leaks successfully previously, but this time I am stuck on "Connecting to bootroom: ___" on the command prompt for over an hour now. What I might have done differently this time is my device was switched off (and connected btw) when I executed the latest OS exe file. The prompt window is not moving forward, and the LED is emitting Yellow. Do I wait? Or close the cmd prompt and disconnect and restart the phone and then run the exe again? Or what? Logically, should the device be on when you run the autoloader? I remember switching off the device and then running the autoloader exe the first time I installed a leak on Z10 - it worked then.

Any help appreciated. TIA.
    07-06-13 03:52 PM
    Is Link on?

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 03:56 PM
    Turn your device on. It starts there. Also, make sure your usb ports work properly. I had a problem where my usb front ports weren't working properly and disconnecting during o's install. I ended up connecting straight to the motherboard.

I've always done it with the device on, then connect. It reboots by itself.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 03:57 PM
    Is Link on?

Posted via CB10
    No. I made sure link wasn't running.
    07-06-13 03:59 PM
    Turn your device on. It starts there. Also, make sure your usb ports work properly. I had a problem where my usb front ports weren't working properly and disconnecting during o's install. I ended up connecting straight to the motherboard.

I've always done it with the device on, then connect. It reboots by itself.

Posted via CB10
    So do I close the cmd prompt for auto-loader and then restart? Or the auto-loader runs while I restart the device while it remains connected?
    07-06-13 04:00 PM
    Chuck it. Shut the auto-loader down, disconnected the device, restarted it. Link fails to detect the device now. :/
    Anyway, runs the auto-loader with device switched on now, and I am on what appears to be the right track - reset > green led.

Will report back in case of any issues.

Thanks for your answers though.
    07-06-13 04:25 PM
    So do I close the cmd prompt for auto-loader and then restart? Or the auto-loader runs while I restart the device while it remains connected?
    Yes,close the command Window and make sure the handset is on and fully charged. Also, if it goes into standby and the screen locks, the autoloader will not connect to the boot rom. If that does happen, simple swipe and wake the device up. The autoloader will then connect.

Posted via CB10
    Ankit RS likes this.
    07-06-13 04:27 PM
    Done. The device needs to be on. Lesson learnt. On latest version now. Thanks all.
    07-06-13 04:36 PM