Help needed to get BB10 to a carrier
Please help me in bringing BB10 (service - not the phone itself) to one carrier. Following is the summary of what I have gathered so far:
* BB10 phone works well with the carrier data plan, except: 1) no BBM chat (but BBM voice and BBM video (both to and from Z10) works well
* The iconic BB 4 dots on the upper right hand corner of the screen are not visible
* BlackBerry protect will not start. I get the following error message: BlackBerry Protect is unavailable. Unable to connect to BlackBerry Protect service. Please try again later.
* If I take out the SIM card, then all BB10 features work flawlessly (except, have no phone and no mobile network any more)
Have been in extensive contact with the carrier and come to the following:
* Carrier is saying that they have contacted BlackBerry (RIM) some two plus months ago to get information with regards to what is required to prepare their network for BB10.
* BlackBerry has not responded / not giving any clear answer
* Carrier has not blocked BB10 intentionally, i.e. they would not stop BB10 data. They are actually keen to have more people using BB phones.
* Carrier is keen to allow BlackBerry 10 to work
Question: How can I help the carrier to get BB10 certified? Or, rather, how should the carrier start the work on getting their network ready for BB10? I assume that it has to do with getting APN somehow certified as BB10 uses APN and not BIS (in the classical term). Note: It is suspected (note: suspected) that somehow their APN is locked / not allowed from BlackBerry side. Not sure what this means.
Your help would be very much appreciated, and will help in getting BB10 to a country (where I am currently the first one with a BB10 phone).
P.S. Brunei is a small country, but the people here are extremely tuned into technology.
- CrackBerry Addict
02-14-2013, 07:11 AM #6
- 768 Posts
I not really sure what you can do on your end . . .keep pestering your carrier and hopefully they will keep bothering Blackberry . . .*Jack of all trades can still be a master of some (. . .Hopefully)*
- By buzzinhornets in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 10Last Post: 08-24-2010, 04:18 PM
- By fyrenut in forum BlackBerry Curve 8350iReplies: 2Last Post: 06-16-2009, 01:54 PM
- By grimes1501 in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820Replies: 4Last Post: 06-06-2008, 10:14 PM
- By ledzep59 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 3Last Post: 05-01-2008, 04:47 PM
- By scaninky in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820Replies: 3Last Post: 04-02-2008, 02:54 AM