Weird, I have an STL100-1 and I can do a hard reboot with the volume rockers

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    I added that statement after others reported that the Vol buttons don't work on that model. I wonder if BB changed something to now allow it???
    11-23-13 08:59 AM
    I added that statement after others reported that the Vol buttons don't work on that model. I wonder if BB changed something to now allow it???
    I wonder if that's not in the 10.2.1 leaks?

I'll test later on today and let you know for certain

FF22 likes this.
    11-23-13 11:43 PM
    I wonder if that's not in the 10.2.1 leaks?

I'll test later on today and let you know for certain

Turns out that info is correct F2, sorry about that.

Im really confused though because I know for certain that on the day I got the update I rebooted my device like that and no matter how much I try now it just wont work.
    It definately worked before too, so I think the other way round, they've taken it out now. Although I dont see how that would make sense.
    Maybe Ive really missed something here.
    11-24-13 06:53 AM
    Turns out that info is correct F2, sorry about that.

Im really confused though because I know for certain that on the day I got the update I rebooted my device like that and no matter how much I try now it just wont work.
    It definately worked before too, so I think the other way round, they've taken it out now. Although I dont see how that would make sense.
    Maybe Ive really missed something here.
    I'm somewhat late to the Z10. While I know that there are different models that that the "1" model is quite different, I have no idea why they changed "substantially" in the next models. Just a quirky design decision, cheaper or better parts?
    11-24-13 10:20 AM
    I'm somewhat late to the Z10. While I know that there are different models that that the "1" model is quite different, I have no idea why they changed "substantially" in the next models. Just a quirky design decision, cheaper or better parts?
    STL100-1 variant was designed for counties like South Africa where LTE is not standard, hence no LTE. But the HSPA is plenty quick.
    The processor is also different and in fact most would agree slightly better, although you wouldn't notice it in the way the device runs. Not sure the reasoning behind that though

11-24-13 04:25 PM
    after the black n white logo the colored doesn't appear
    11-26-13 10:50 AM
    You might want to start a new thread with that as the subject since this thread is kind of oriented to "failure to turn on". But you should also mention your carrier, what OS version you have since there might be issues with those aspects. Have you tried to restart:

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black, keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work - press and HOLD the Power button.

Good luck.
    After the black and white logo, the colored logo doesn't appear!! Kept holding it for 2-3mins....please help!!!
    11-26-13 10:56 AM
    You may need to reload the OS. Install or open BB Link software. Plug in the phone and follow prompts for UPDATE.
    11-26-13 12:09 PM
    You may need to reload the OS. Install or open BB Link software. Plug in the phone and follow prompts for UPDATE.
    Blackberry link doesn't recognise the device..tried connecting it so many times!
    11-26-13 09:47 PM
    Blackberry link doesn't recognise the device..tried connecting it so many times!
    Try some of the suggestions in:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...my-z10-878276/

You might start at MScooley's.
    11-26-13 11:56 PM
    hi could you please explain how you reloaded the software as my blackberry z10 has the exact same problem
    11-28-13 02:07 PM
    hi could you please explain how you reloaded the software as my blackberry z10 has the exact same problem
    Have a look for advise in thread that was given in the post above yours

11-28-13 02:21 PM
    I have almost similar problem, but I am not even getting anything by pressing power button. Please help me..!
    12-18-13 09:42 PM
    I have almost similar problem, but I am not even getting anything by pressing power button. Please help me..!
    Try some of the following options that have been posted occasionally

Reload OS Software bricked

How to reload the OS on a BlackBerry Z10 or BlackBerry Q10 | CrackBerry.com

How to do a Security Wipe (factory reset) the BlackBerry Z10 | CrackBerry.com

How to reload the OS on a BlackBerry Z10 or BlackBerry Q10 | CrackBerry.com

Knowledge Base Article

KB34045-How to clean reload the BlackBerry 10 OS or BlackBerry PlayBook OS using BlackBerry Link

Nerdberry has this:

" We hope these steps help you get back up and running fast.

Close BlackBerry Link (and BlackBerry Desktop Software) if installed.
    Detach all BlackBerry smartphones, including the BlackBerry 10 smartphone that cannot be booted up.
    Using Internet Explorer, navigate to BlackBerry 10 Software Updates - New Update Software for BlackBerry Smartphones - US, scroll down the page and click the Check for Updates button.
    Connect the BlackBerry 10 smartphone that cannot be booted up.
    Hold the power button for 10 seconds until the BlackBerry smartphone turns off, then press the power button again to power it on. A prompt will appear and the BlackBerry smartphone will show in the drop down list shortly after the LED lights up red (USB: UNKNOWN or USB: BlackBerry (PIN) may also be displayed).
    Click the OK button within 15 seconds to continue.

Once the above steps are completed successfully a dialog will be displayed stating Checking for BlackBerry Device Software updates. The BlackBerry 10 smartphone will now power itself off after 120 seconds. Shortly after the 120 seconds, the BlackBerry smartphone LED should turn green. Continue to wait after the LED turns green and a prompt will display to install BlackBerry Device Software. Follow the prompts to install the BlackBerry Software and once the installation is complete, the smartphone will boot up and should be fully recovered.

Read more: How to Fix a “Bricked” BlackBerry 10 Device – NerdBerry "

On PC, kill link, blackberry desktop software and then go to task manager and kill any BlackBerry or link processes.

Take the battery out the phone and disconnect from USB. On the PC, launch the autoloader. Plug in phone via USB to PC. Once the autoloader has connected to your phone slap the battery back in and let it finish.
    12-19-13 12:05 AM
    Hey! experiencing same problem since last night. If I relolad from bb links will I loose contacts and stuffs? if yes how do I back up before doing the reload?
    12-19-13 07:33 AM
    I have the same problem after reinstalling the os to clear an os error. The phone is now completely dead. I loved it but this last incident is making me think that it is time to look at another device manufacturer
    12-19-13 11:49 AM
    Hey! experiencing same problem since last night. If I relolad from bb links will I loose contacts and stuffs? if yes how do I back up before doing the reload?
    If the device is locked and you canNOT get to it via usb or Link, then it might be too late to backup. Obviously, we all need to learn to backup when we don't need it. Do you sync with an email service? You contacts could be there. Good luck
    12-19-13 02:16 PM
    All it does is show at the beginning a red LED light and then the word blackberry then after that it just stops
    01-04-14 03:52 AM
    All it does is show at the beginning a red LED light and then the word blackberry then after that it just stops
    Try this and report back

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black, keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    arifbsantoso likes this.
    01-04-14 10:11 AM
    at 1st, when i wanted to clear my notification it wont let me, so press the power button and do a restart, after that when it turn back on, it stuck at blackberry wording logo... not the progress bar. Can anyone help me on this?
    My Z 10 wont start, it showing this message "www.bberror.com/bb10-0015" please i need HELP
    01-09-14 11:11 AM
    well have you gone to that website? I just did and it says is a system boot error. There is a link ( from the link you posted) to the cause and solution. Essentially you need to reinstall the OS. Think before you post.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 11:23 AM
    My Z 10 wont start, it showing this message "www.bberror.com/bb10-0015" please i need HELP
    KB34545-BlackBerry 10 smartphone will not startup and displays an image with a link to www.bberror.com

Which indicates

Note: Before completing the step below, download and install the latest version of BlackBerry Link at BlackBerry.

Reload the BlackBerry 10 OS. See KB34045 for steps.

If the Blackberry 10 OS does not reload or displays the same symptoms, then it is recommended to bring the smartphone back to place of purchase for service.
    01-09-14 12:07 PM
    i tried all mentioned above to swith on my z 10 but nothing worked. itried reloading the OS but without switching on my link will not update the same. can somebody help me
    01-13-14 10:54 AM
    i tried all mentioned above to swith on my z 10 but nothing worked. itried reloading the OS but without switching on my link will not update the same. can somebody help me
    Then obviously you have NOT tried everything thing. That error code specifically says to reinstall OS via Link.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 12:27 AM
    i need help, I went to use my Z10 and the texts were showing up all blank and I scrolled over to email and it froze and I restarted it but then it was jus froze on the blackberry screen so I pulled the battery and now it wont even turn on at all. I held the power button down and after 7 seconds itll flash the red dot twice and that's it. I cant get it to do anything.
    01-25-14 11:19 PM
115 1234 ...