I just bought Z10 brandnew. But with the first turn on, z10 start with logo blackberry, then it go straight to HOME screen with many icons. It dont have begining screen for choosing langues or testing left right touching like my previous z10.
    I update with lastest OS. Then wipe device, but it is still.

Anyone have the same problem with me. Pls give me an advise.
    06-15-14 08:02 AM
    If you wiped it you should have got the setup. You can install link and reset the device that way.
    Liemberry likes this.
    06-15-14 08:11 AM
    If you wiped it you should have got the setup. You can install link and reset the device that way.
    It is always dont have Setup screen. Even i reseted device by BB Link. I install last OS by two ways: OTA and Autoload. But it does not change. After the circle with logo inside loading, it go direct to HOME screen with Icons. I really dont know what happens to my phone? It is not same with others.
    06-15-14 09:02 AM
    It is always dont have Setup screen. Even i reseted device by BB Link. I install last OS by two ways: OTA and Autoload. But it does not change. After the circle with logo inside loading, it go direct to HOME screen with Icons. I really dont know what happens to my phone? It is not same with others.
    Take the SIM out?
    06-15-14 09:20 AM
    Take the SIM out?
    No. SIM in phone. Let waiting some one have Z10 like me
    06-15-14 09:23 AM
    Is your phone new or new to you? Doesn't sound new if it was already setup. Is it a developer model?
    Liemberry likes this.
    06-15-14 09:58 AM
    You can change some of those things in the Settings app. Swipe down from the top and select Settings.

Also, you can try typing "SETUP" in the search (magnifying glass) and see if the SETUP app shows up and use some of those features to change things around???
    06-15-14 10:28 AM
    All that is really set up during the first-on sequence is your wifi, BBID, language, and time zone/region. The most important being the BBID.

If you swipe from the top, hit settings, then BlackBerry ID... it should either show you that it is already logged in (in which case hopefully it's your BBID), or ask you to set it up. Time and language can also be found in the settings.

I've bypassed the start up screen before because I didn't have wifi or network connection, and it keeps periodically reminding you to "complete the setup" with an annoying pop up. Have you seen that pop up at all?

Posted via CB10
    Liemberry likes this.
    06-15-14 10:33 AM
    Is your phone new or new to you? Doesn't sound new if it was already setup. Is it a developer model?
    Call to the store. They said this is newest Z10 production line, Blackberry cut down the startup screen to push up faster startup time and avoid errors like freezing at logo loading.....but i cannot see any official information from Blackberry or Crackberry.
    06-15-14 11:37 AM
    Call to the store. They said this is newest Z10 production line, Blackberry cut down the startup screen to push up faster startup time and avoid errors like freezing at logo loading.....but i cannot see any official information from Blackberry or Crackberry.
    What I hear the store representative say to you is BS.Everything has a loading time in which the OS loads the components to keep the device running.

Posted via CB10
    Liemberry likes this.
    06-15-14 11:40 AM
    All that is really set up during the first-on sequence is your wifi, BBID, language, and time zone/region. The most important being the BBID.

If you swipe from the top, hit settings, then BlackBerry ID... it should either show you that it is already logged in (in which case hopefully it's your BBID), or ask you to set it up. Time and language can also be found in the settings.

I've bypassed the start up screen before because I didn't have wifi or network connection, and it keeps periodically reminding you to "complete the setup" with an annoying pop up. Have you seen that pop up at all?

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I got your words. But this is not my issue. After making a factory restore or wipe device, on start up, dont see a sequence to connected wify, language, BBID, region...it go straight to Home Screen. Do you think my phone is test phone for developer?
    06-15-14 11:46 AM
    Do you think my phone is test phone for developer? Also, when it loading circle around BB logo, Blue led is on. like this guy http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ue-led-916700/
    06-15-14 11:51 AM
    Type

myver

and post the results. Auto-substitution or correct will change that to the OS number.

Download Blackberry Virtual Expert (it may be included in newer versions of the OS). It contains a series of tests. See what kinds of results you get.
    06-15-14 12:21 PM
    You said you wiped the device - did you actually do a security wipe? Where you have to type in "blackberry" to confirm? This resets the phone to brand-new status (with current OS) and should allow you to set it up right from scratch. What were the results of myver? Are you on 10.2.1.xxx or some iteration of 10.3?
    06-16-14 10:11 AM
    Yes. Security wipe. The situation isnot better. I will return it to store tmr.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 11:18 AM