Hi Guys,

The ebay prices for the Z10 are incredibly insane. How much does an unlocked one cost in canada ?
    I am on att in the US and cannot afford more than $700. Been staring at ebay for the past two days but cant find anything .

Please help me, my Canadian crackbro's ?
    02-04-13 10:11 AM
    Our Canadian friends need to make a profit, too!
    02-04-13 10:14 AM
    The cheapest outright from Canada will be Koodo, they're selling it at 550. With tax that comes to $621.50. Add shipping to that. I would say I'd do it for you, but the problem is that Koodo is one of the smaller carriers, and I really can't see them getting too much stock, so it's really going to be a crap shoot as to how long it take to actually track one down through them. Rogers on the other hand will probably get the most stock, but I think they're selling it outright for 650, which is $735 after tax, not including shipping.
    02-04-13 10:15 AM
    Our Canadian friends need to make a profit, too!
    Lol !!
    02-04-13 10:19 AM
    The cheapest outright from Canada will be Koodo, they're selling it at 550. With tax that comes to $621.50. Add shipping to that. I would say I'd do it for you, but the problem is that Koodo is one of the smaller carriers, and I really can't see them getting too much stock, so it's really going to be a crap shoot as to how long it take to actually track one down through them. Rogers on the other hand will probably get the most stock, but I think they're selling it outright for 650, which is $735 after tax, not including shipping.
    Oh man this sucks !!
    02-04-13 10:20 AM
    I'm in the same boat. U.S. AT&T - wanting to get an unlocked Z10 from Canada. Unfortunately it's now illegal in the U.S. to unlock your own phone but we can purchase them unlocked.
    02-04-13 12:17 PM
    I'm in the same boat. U.S. AT&T - wanting to get an unlocked Z10 from Canada. Unfortunately it's now illegal in the U.S. to unlock your own phone but we can purchase them unlocked.
    it's legal to have the carrier unlock them,,, or get it from Best buy,,,my 9850 was unlocked when i got it from there,,, & it's CDMA/GSM capable...
    02-04-13 12:22 PM
    Which canadian carriers have unlocked phones, and which are compatible with AT&T?
    02-04-13 12:29 PM
    I don't think so.. I think it's now illegal for a regular U.S. citizen to unlock a cell phone without the carrier's permission. If the carrier gives you permission to unlock it then you can do so. Or you can purchase an unlocked phone, you just can't do it yourself.

it's legal to have the carrier unlock them,,, or get it from Best buy,,,my 9850 was unlocked when i got it from there,,, & it's CDMA/GSM capable...
    02-04-13 12:34 PM
    I am very curious about this question as well. I would really like to know which carrier phone will work on AT&T where you would get the full 4G LTE experience. If anyone knows this please share, it would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Bryan
    02-04-13 12:44 PM
    It looks like Rogers will work (actually most of the carriers in Canada should work). When you look at the bands that the phone is capable of they match exactly what BlackBerry has for North America GSM. Look at Blackberry.com and Blackberry.ca and compare.

I am very curious about this question as well. I would really like to know which carrier phone will work on AT&T where you would get the full 4G LTE experience. If anyone knows this please share, it would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Bryan
    02-04-13 12:48 PM
    I don't think so.. I think it's now illegal for a regular U.S. citizen to unlock a cell phone without the carrier's permission. If the carrier gives you permission to unlock it then you can do so. Or you can purchase an unlocked phone, you just can't do it yourself.
    ummm,,, that's what i just said...
    02-04-13 01:32 PM