I realize this is a Blackberry forum...

I have a upgrade for my phone (currently a Droid Razr Maxx) coming up in about a week.

I looking at the Z10 but also the Galaxy S4. Looking for some input to help me make an informed decision (besides all the on-line research I've already done).

Thanks for the help.
    07-02-13 03:19 PM
    If your into android the galaxy s4 is the best decision for you as bb10 doesn't have as much apps and is very different.

Now with that said the z10 is an amazing device I use a g nexus n z10 witch I dropped the ip5 for. The z10 is now my main device the experience is far better then ios and android in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    loveBB6.0 likes this.
    07-02-13 03:22 PM
    I would suggest making a list of the apps that are important to you then going to Blackberry app world and seeing if they are available.
    07-02-13 03:56 PM
    Seems to me that you are on the Verizon network. My opinion, go with the Galaxy. The Z10 has a load of bugs and Verizon doesn't care to roll out a 6 week old OS update. I believe it will continue to be a struggle for Z10 users. Nothing amazing about the phone either. Although, I can see 10.3 be a great platform but you never know if you will get the update.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 04:43 PM
    I would suggest making a list of the apps that are important to you then going to Blackberry app world and seeing if they are available.
    This is a great honest answer. If there are certain must have apps, go with the galaxy, although that HTC is a nice looking phone, but in just basing that on looks. But do go play with a z10 for a while, you might be surprised by a few things.... but if there are apps you need, that are not already there, don't get BlackBerry. It will lead to frustration and probably complaining on here, and we have enough of that from people that probably don't even own a BlackBerry. Lol! Honestly, going against much of what you've probably read on here, the z is the most complete phone I've ever owned, and does literally more than I've ever needed in a phone. I have actually seen my productivity go up since I've got this phone. But on the other hand, I don't play games, I don't instagram, I barely check in on Facebook. So check your needs and decide that way. And if you get a z, I would strongly suggest leaving Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    DavidDossenback likes this.
    07-02-13 05:03 PM
    Great advice on looking into apps, for me BB has what I need, and I am not scared of sideloading and tweaking a phone so I can probably get everything I could ever really want. If you have an app that isn't in BB catalog, post in this thread and forum members can let you know if there is an equivalent app... such as no Pandora, but many prefer Apollo anyways.
    07-02-13 05:15 PM
    Also read up on sideloading since it takes all of five minutes to sideload, which you will not be able to do on your S4, along with many other things, including seeing your screen when the sun is shining.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 05:18 PM
    Also read up on sideloading since it takes all of five minutes to sideload, which you will not be able to do on your S4, along with many other things, including seeing your screen when the sun is shining.

Posted via CB10
    Uhm.... He won't need to sideload on an s4. lol! Don't get me wrong. Not trying to start an argument. I'm 100% BlackBerry. And you are so right about the screen! I tend to take my lunches outside at work, and I live in the central Valley of California. It's 106 right now and climbing, and sun is full bore. And I have NO problem playing with my phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 05:37 PM
    Uhm.... He won't need to sideload on an s4. lol! Don't get me wrong. Not trying to start an argument. I'm 100% BlackBerry. And you are so right about the screen! I tend to take my lunches outside at work, and I live in the central Valley of California. It's 106 right now and climbing, and sun is full bore. And I have NO problem playing with my phone.

Posted via CB10
    SOOOOO HOT in CA right now!!!

This is one of the things that helped me be okay with giving up my PKB for a full touch device, I am texting pretty much every time I am walking from my office to my car in direct sunlight.
    07-02-13 05:40 PM
    If you're really into lots of apps or apps that you simply can't live without, then get the S4 and stay with your Android ecosystem. If you're ready for a grown up device that does EVERYTHING that you really need it to do, but only has a budding app ecosystem at the moment... we await you on the darkside!!
    07-02-13 05:44 PM
    I promise you that you will regret your S4 purchase within three months. The apps will be boring, the device will lag, and you will feel like a sheep who got suckered by silly gimmicks.

By contrast, I promise that if you go with the Z, it will be better than it was on the day you bought it, and you will love it more and more as you learn how to use it.

I speak from experience, having learned the hard and expensive way.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 05:49 PM
    I promise you that you will regret your S4 purchase within three months. The apps will be boring, the device will lag, and you will feel like a sheep who got suckered by silly gimmicks.

By contrast, I promise that if you go with the Z, it will be better than it was on the day you bought it, and you will love it more and more as you learn how to use it.

I speak from experience, having learned the hard and expensive way.

Posted via CB10
    Y know, that is my biggest complaint about android, and I'm sure their biggest strength. First of all, I don't hate android, Apple, yeah pretty much but I don't hate android. But with bb, we get our device and they upgrade... unless you're like me on att, and you can keep your device and feel good about it for some time. Apple, yucky apple, lol, you get a new phone every year and your old phone still works for a couple years, even if it's bogged down by the new updated os. Android, you get top of the line super phone from abc manufacturer, and tomorrow a brand new super phone that makes yours look dumb comes out from xyz manufacturer. I know this is probably one of the positives about android, that there's so many manufacturers that are constantly improving the system and phones, but as a consumer, I wonder about brand loyalty, and feeling good about your purchase for a while. I know every time I buy a computer, about a month later I'm sad that I didn't wait. Is this what android users go through too?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 05:58 PM
    Y know, that is my biggest complaint about android, and I'm sure their biggest strength. First of all, I don't hate android, Apple, yeah pretty much but I don't hate android. But with bb, we get our device and they upgrade... unless you're like me on att, and you can keep your device and feel good about it for some time. Apple, yucky apple, lol, you get a new phone every year and your old phone still works for a couple years, even if it's bogged down by the new updated os. Android, you get top of the line super phone from abc manufacturer, and tomorrow a brand new super phone that makes yours look dumb comes out from xyz manufacturer. I know this is probably one of the positives about android, that there's so many manufacturers that are constantly improving the system and phones, but as a consumer, I wonder about brand loyalty, and feeling good about your purchase for a while. I know every time I buy a computer, about a month later I'm sad that I didn't wait. Is this what android users go through too?

Posted via CB10
    My three months with Android showed me how laggy and unreliable a "Superphone" becomes when it's running on 8 million lines of bloatware before you fire up a single app.

They can put all the mega core processors they want in those things and they will still not be as fluid or fun to use as BB10.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 06:04 PM
    Looking through the 'fanboi' threads would point you in the right direction.

This is my cat's phone. She lets me use it.
    07-02-13 06:11 PM
    I had an iPhone. Which has more apps than Android. And I would STILL get bored with the apps. I seriously don't think you should worry too much about apps. The ones that aren't available have others you can replace them with (well most).

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 06:16 PM
    I didn't mean to go off on a tangent. Sorry. Was just yelling at other people earlier for doing the same thing.

Op, do you have a tablet? Reason I ask is I was talking to a buddy last night that is outgrowing his iPhone. I told him the same thing, if you want apps, go Android, but the z10 does all this... and showed him. His response was he has am I pad, and he doesn't need the games on his phone. I'm still not pressing him as I don't want him to get a phone, realize he wants the apps and then I'm responsible for him getting a phone he's dissatisfied with. Instead, he will just see everything I do with my phone and the ease I do it with.

So, if you have a tablet that is running ios or android, maybe you will think the same way he seems to be. Your phone cam be an entirely different experience, instead of more of the same.

Posted via CB10
    Undbiter65 likes this.
    07-02-13 06:25 PM
    I realize this is a Blackberry forum...

I have a upgrade for my phone (currently a Droid Razr Maxx) coming up in about a week.

I looking at the Z10 but also the Galaxy S4. Looking for some input to help me make an informed decision (besides all the on-line research I've already done).

Thanks for the help.
    Hey Man, I have used the Droid Razr Max it had great battery life, I have also used a Galaxy S Three, so I cannot speak for the Four. I currently use the Z10, and I think it is the best decision I have ever made as a phone, it functions great, very smooth OS. It doesn't have as many apps, but I am sure you can find the one you are looking for, if not you can side port android APPS to the z10!

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 06:50 PM
    07-02-13 06:59 PM
    So it's decided then, get the Z10!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    DavidDossenback likes this.
    07-02-13 07:01 PM