Thanks for the clarification. In my case, I believe it was a badly coded app - I have eliminated it down to the Webex app that runs in the background. The app, when connected to the internet was sucking down data and filling my device memory right up to the limit to where I couldn't use my phone. So it was an app that was causing bad stuff to happen to my phone. I don't think I referred to it as a virus - but then again - I didn't really know what was going on with the data - was is sending as well as receiving? I did run the BB Anti-virus programs and they basically got bogged down because the bad app was filling up the data SO fast that the Malware / Anti-vrus apps couldn't run and it was having to chew through a crap more data that the bad app was downloading. So what was supposed to take 8 hours of scanning turned into 48 hours of scanning and then it basically just died. So not having been through this before - it was kind of scary trying to get memory space while trying to keep a phone that I used for all my business - working. I didn't mean to scare anyone with the words malware - my sincere apologies.
    No need to apologize at all.
    You did refer to it a a virus in your first post that I highlighted, so I wanted to let you know that there is no known virus that has affected the BlackBerry OS to date.
    Yes, I concur that it was most likely an application (now found to be WebEx) that was causing the issue, which I also mentioned in my post.
    It may not even be that the WebEx app is badly coded. It may just be that there is conflict with another app, or it is not updated for your current OS.
    I say that because many people use the WebEx app without issue. You just happened to be unlucky with it. It happens.

I'm just glad you found the culprit and corrected the issue. A working daily driver is an essential tool that cannot be dismissed.

Good Luck!
    tg1 likes this.
    03-25-14 02:05 PM
    Thanks for the clarification. In my case, I believe it was a badly coded app - I have eliminated it down to the Webex app that runs in the background. The app, when connected to the internet was sucking down data and filling my device memory right up to the limit to where I couldn't use my phone. So it was an app that was causing bad stuff to happen to my phone. I don't think I referred to it as a virus - but then again - I didn't really know what was going on with the data - was is sending as well as receiving? I did run the BB Anti-virus programs and they basically got bogged down because the bad app was filling up the data SO fast that the Malware / Anti-vrus apps couldn't run and it was having to chew through a crap more data that the bad app was downloading. So what was supposed to take 8 hours of scanning turned into 48 hours of scanning and then it basically just died. So not having been through this before - it was kind of scary trying to get memory space while trying to keep a phone that I used for all my business - working. I didn't mean to scare anyone with the words malware - my sincere apologies.
    No, if malware really is a badly-coded program and you find it was WebEx, you may be right...

Posted via Nexus 7 (2012) | Z10STL100-1 / 10.2.1.2141
    03-25-14 06:48 PM
    I had this happen to me when I was transferring files to my phone from my computer. I deleted a file. It disappeared from my file manager, so I started adding other files. It may have just gotten rid of the link/icon on my file manager but the phone was still trying to make space for it. All while I was transferring more files to my phone.

I decided to cancel the transfer because it was so slow. Disconnected my phone from my computer. It kept saying device almost full. I started deleting apps and other files and just waited for it to settle.

This is why I wish the OS has some sort of diskchkup.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 08:05 PM
    Does the OP have Phone Tap installed? If yes uninstall and see if problem resolves itself. I had a similar problem a few weeks back.
    03-25-14 08:14 PM
29 12