Hi guys.. I just encountered a problem with my z10 3 days old

Yesterday there were no problems...

I'm using a stl-2 now with 2141 software!!!

Basically I have found out this problem when I started using wechat 3 hours ago.. my audio messages I send... the other party could not hear.. I so thought it was the other end..

Then my mom started to call me several times.. she can't hear me speak.. so I thought it was her end and bad network.. as she is really using a crappy phone..

Then I continued trying wechat and it doesn't seem to work.. so I decided to test by disturbing my customer service..
    I put my phone on speaker mode.. and he could hear me just fine.. but when I off speaker mode he can't hear me..

So I thought faulty phone... so I called up the person where I bought the phone from.. just like 15 mins ago. he told me it's software problem.. where if there is a problem with my microphone.. whether on speaker or non speaker mode the other party won't be able to hear me..

Can anyone please clarify this

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 11:06 AM
    If it is a software problem, try reloading the software. See elsewhere on the forums.

Than you can rule that one out.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    03-14-14 11:10 AM
    The problem here is.. I tried BBM.. 1 on iPhone user..
    He said he can't hear me

Then I send to another android.. he can hear me perfect..

Just a question.. if I send a voice note to someone.. can I hear my own voice note that I have sent!?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 11:14 AM
    Usually for voices that u send on wechat I could hear them.. now I can't even hear my own voices

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 11:23 AM
    Update...

Deleted wechat and reinstalled..

Walkie talkie not working still.. I cannot play back my own voice note to people!!

Any ideas please help

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 11:42 AM
    Next update...

Read through forums.. did a battery pull.. doesn't seem to work.. same problem..

I'm already outta ideas how to get this to work..

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 12:17 PM
    If it is a software problem, download and install BlackBerry Link to fully reload the OS. A device swipe doesn't fully reload. This process takes at least 1 hour.

http://ca.blackberry.com/software/blackberry-link.html

Help! Loss of audio problem.-quick-paint-help.png

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by GSM-S; 03-14-14 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Added BlackBerry Link image
    03-14-14 01:17 PM
    If you want to make sure that it is either a hardware or software problem, you could download the BlackBerry Virtual Expert app and test your microphone with it

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    03-14-14 01:19 PM
    If you want to make sure that it is either a hardware or software problem, you could download the BlackBerry Virtual Expert app and test your microphone with it

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. Try that before the reload.
    Check out BlackBerry Virtual Expert in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/27226887

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 01:26 PM
    Read about the bb virtual expert.. doing that now as we speak

Will report

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 01:57 PM
    I think it's hardware problem.. when I speak nothing plays.. something is truly wrong.. although it was fine yesterday zzzz.. hate to reload everything again zzz

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 02:02 PM
    Did a full wipe.. then tried just to make a call didn't work as well

1 question.. in z10 how many microphones are in there.. I'm still wondering why this is happening.. if that phone guy is right that every phone has only 1 microphone.. wouldn't the speaker mode not work as well!??

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 05:01 AM
    There is a microphone "hole" down just below the Blackberry logo at the bottom of the screen. There is another mic or "sound canceling or some such" just to the right of the power button on the top edge. Not sure about the "speakphone" aspect.
    03-15-14 12:08 PM
    Thanks.. going down on Monday for a check and hopefully get this replaced

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 12:21 PM
    Wtf is happening!!!!

Just a few seconds ago.. I was fiddling with my phone voice dictation settings.. and played with it for the first time since having my phone for a year..

Of course this is my new stl-2.. and suddenly the thing decides to work..
    I think this is a bug..

It just worked.. so friggin weird.. my wechat suddenly worked
    After that voice dictation thing

Solution...

Press "." for a long time till u get the voice thing then talk.. and see if it reads u..

Will update further..

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 12:31 PM
    After 20 mins of playing walkie talkie on BBM with my mates.. it stopped working again..

Tried voice dictation and now not working.. LOL

Oh my dear bb.. Wtf is going wrong

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 12:59 PM
    Sounds like a hardware problem
    The wire might be losing connection now and then

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 03:06 PM
    Wiped again.. stock from the time phone came out of box.. still problem.. definitely will change this..

Problem is I'm scared they wanna fix this phone.. I do not like people operating my phone haha..

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 03:15 PM
    If it needs fixing let them do it then u have yr phone working again

Sent from my CnM TouchPad 9DC using CB Forums mobile app
    03-15-14 07:52 PM
    Just try this plug your ear phone call someone. Then try to unplug again. It will be help.
    Yes I experience with it. It is not your phone hardware, try to install last OS update 2228? I am forget, then your problem gone.
    03-15-14 11:29 PM
    Download and have the latest 2228 leak now.. still the problem persists.. will try with the ear plug and will report back.. I'm already outta ideas

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 08:45 AM
    Have the exact problem. In a call, only with blue tooth, or head phones people can hear me. I can use the voice command to search phone, or Internet, but fails the audio recording in virtual expert, and it can't record in remember app. So the mic works only with head phones on, and fails on the rest. Can't be hardware then. Software? Have the latest T-Mobile USA update.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 07:44 PM
    Basically tested with ear plugs it won't work.. anyways.. this few days I didn't have time to go down to the store..

Then I was again fiddling with my phone and the stupid thing worked again..

I know because I was using this parrot recording software. Usually when it is not working the parrot software would show that it's in one straight line..

So seriously I am still not sure what is going on!! Lolz.. this is one mystery to me

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 01:05 PM
    After trying to figure this thing out for several day.. each day the thing would be working for a certain period then poof it's not working..

It's like playing magic and David copperfield with me.. pisses me off

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 03:32 AM
    I'm going to try and make time over the weekend to reinstall the OS. Seems like it must be a bad OS upgrade. If I get to it I'll post results.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 07:11 AM
34 12