I have had a Z10 from Telus (Vancouver) for 5 months, up to date on OS. I have had off and on problems with battery draining and phone overheating. Yesterday my phone got really HOT and I finally bought Battery Guru, phone hit 41C. My daughter's Z10 also from Telus has great battery life. She was at 100% at 8am and at 9:30 pm she still had 87%. She said she hardly used it, 20 texts and a couple of emails and played a couple of songs. So I thought I would not use my Z10 except when necessary to see if I can get the same life.

Not a chance, here is the graph for today , the only app running is Guru itself. I sent 7 texts and read 8 emails. It has been a steady decline since leaving the house, even turned off Wifi after a while to see if it was trying to strengthen our office wireless which can be fluctuate. I also had a random reboot in the middle of the night two nights ago, I thought that was behind me too.

I have 4 email accounts all on 30min sync intervals. 1 activesync office 365, 2 gmail and 1 outlook.com. Looks to me like something is running all the time. Temp has been steady and high 34-38C.

Any ideas or is this just the reason the Z10 isn't selling well, bad design that BB can't figure out or admit to.

Help interpreting Guru Graph-img_00000114.jpg
    07-03-13 03:45 PM
    My daughter's Z10 also from Telus has great battery life. She was at 100% at 8am and at 9:30 pm she still had 87%.

Any ideas or is this just the reason the Z10 isn't selling well, bad design that BB can't figure out or admit to.
    You see how little sense that makes?

First thing I'd try is swapping batteries with your daughter.
    diegonei likes this.
    07-03-13 10:10 PM
    OP: what does the "Health" value show as in the Diagnostics page?

At first glance, your graph looks as though it's draining far faster than the power levels shown would suggest it should be. (I can't be sure.. I'd need to see the exported data to really know if that's true.) That could perhaps happen if it's confused about the battery capacity, which could be for a few reasons.

You might also want to do the "drain test" that's described in the Diagnostics page. It takes some hours to do but will give you a good benchmark for what your battery capacity truly is.

(I'm the app's author.)
    07-05-13 07:11 PM
    Thanks Peter.

Health shows 93%.

I will try the drain test.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 10:20 PM
    Peter, finally ran the drain test. Battery health is 94%. Problem is not the battery. I truly believe it is a flaw in the radio signal. Phone gets hot on some calls and also when browsing with a weak wifi signal.

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    07-09-13 06:18 PM
    Just made a call with my phone in a BlackBerry leather pouch using my car's blue tooth. Battery hit 45 degrees.

It has to be the radio signal.
    Help interpreting Guru Graph-img_00000122.png

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 and jason18 like this.
    07-09-13 07:46 PM
    Battery hit 45 degrees.
    What's your ambient temperature there, roughly? Alternatively, what does the temp show when idle? (Turn Airplane mode on for about 10 minutes and see where it is after you take it back out of standby....)
    07-09-13 10:54 PM
    Ambient at the time of the incident was around 25C. After the call ended it had reached 45i and after about 60 minutes it slowly cooled down to 30C but it also drained the rest of the battery (29% to 7%) while in idle. Next time it heats up I will put it in Airplane mode and see if it cools down faster.
    07-09-13 11:37 PM