I have a Blackberry Z10 STL100-4. Although I've been sideloading apps for months now, I was wearing about installing any leaked software updates. So I decided to give it time until almost every other person downloaded it without any issues. A few days ago, I finally downloaded the update. At first my phone was working absolutely fine. Then about 2-3 days after the update I went to unlock my phone and it won't let me type my password in. Every time I go to type, it doesn't do anything. I am absolutely positive that I did not get my phone wet or damage it in any way. I'm assuming my issue has something to do with my software being updated.

I rebooted the phone numerous times. I took out the sim card and memory card. Left it off for quite some time. I tried all of these things several times, but there was no change - I still cannot enter my device password.

Now, very stupid of me I know, I did NOT back up my phone prior to installing the update files. I have a very old backup file, but I was wondering if there is any way for me to roll back to the previous software version without using the backup file?

Or if anyone has any other solutions for me, I'd REALLY appreciate it.

Thank you in advance!
    Centerman66 likes this.
    10-31-13 01:18 AM
    reintall the os? you can get a new leaked os. or go with bb link and get an official one. you're only solution would be to upload a new OS
    Jules729 likes this.
    10-31-13 01:28 AM
    Thanks for your help.
    Am I able to do that without getting into my phone? Would I do it the same way I sideload apps? Or should I use Blackberry Link or something?
    10-31-13 01:31 AM
    Thanks for your help.
    Am I able to do that without getting into my phone? Would I do it the same way I sideload apps? Or should I use Blackberry Link or something?
    It should work if you turn the phone off completely. Which leaked OS did you install? Try reloading that same leaked OS again maybe something didn't get installed properly that time.

Posted via CB10
    Jules729 likes this.
    10-31-13 01:38 AM
    Try googling a solution but I would re-install leak for sure. Now u know backing up is the most important

Q10 running10.2.1.641 leak and loving it!
    Jules729 likes this.
    10-31-13 01:41 AM
    You may be able to do a backup still. When you plug your phone into your computer via USB, a dialogue box should pop-up asking for your device password. If it unlocks on the computer, then the phone itself will be unlocked too.

Also, if you turned on BlackBerry Protect, login to protect.blackberry.com and try changing your password there.

That's all I can suggest.

Posted via CB10
    southlander and Jules729 like this.
    10-31-13 02:29 AM
    It should work if you turn the phone off completely. Which leaked OS did you install? Try reloading that same leaked OS again maybe something didn't get installed properly that time.

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean if I turn the phone off completely? Then how will I install the new one?
    Or do you mean that I will be able to type my password in if I turn it off and then back on?
    10-31-13 02:45 AM
    What do you mean if I turn the phone off completely? Then how will I install the new one?
    Or do you mean that I will be able to type my password in if I turn it off and then back on?
    The phone starts from off when you install an operating system, and starts up when the install starts. Keep in mind that installing a leaked OS is a destructive process, so you'll lose anything you had on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Jules729 likes this.
    10-31-13 02:48 AM
    Chaz got it right. Do a back up. BlackBerry Link on your PC will prompt for the proper password. Then you can get a full back up and then do a factory reset.
    Jules729 likes this.
    10-31-13 02:48 AM
    You may be able to do a backup still. When you plug your phone into your computer via USB, a dialogue box should pop-up asking for your device password. If it unlocks on the computer, then the phone itself will be unlocked too.

Also, if you turned on BlackBerry Protect, login to protect.blackberry.com and try changing your password there.

That's all I can suggest.

Posted via CB10
    You're the best. I don't know why it didn't occur to me that since the phone is still on and seems to be working fine (it connects to my bluetooth in the car and allows me to listen to music, I hear notifications all day long, etc) that I would still be able to access it via USB/computer.

However, when I entered my password on the computer it did not unlock my device. I changed the password in hopes of it doing something, but no luck. But I saved all of my stuff so I'm happy! Thanks again!

Now I need to download new software. Can someone provide me with a link so that I know I'm installing the proper files. I don't want to screw this up again. To be honest, I don't think I screwed anything up the first time but who knows.
    10-31-13 03:03 AM
    Chaz got it right. Do a back up. BlackBerry Link on your PC will prompt for the proper password. Then you can get a full back up and then do a factory reset.
    I simply moved the files over from the phone to my hard drive. I'm going to use BB Link to do an actual backup, then do a factory reset like you suggested. Although I want to new software, I'm weary about downloading it again. I don't want any issues!
    10-31-13 03:06 AM
    I simply moved the files over from the phone to my hard drive. I'm going to use BB Link to do an actual backup, then do a factory reset like you suggested. Although I want to new software, I'm weary about downloading it again. I don't want any issues!
    I suggest you stick with the current official 10.2.0.1725 (I think) OS for the time being. Just do a factory reset through Link, then do a check for updates. The 10.2.1.xxxx builds are pretty bug right now, and I don't think it's worth it.

What OS version were you running when the problem arised?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 04:19 AM
    I suggest you stick with the current official 10.2.0.1725 (I think) OS for the time being. Just do a factory reset through Link, then do a check for updates. The 10.2.1.xxxx builds are pretty bug right now, and I don't think it's worth it.

What OS version were you running when the problem arised?

Posted via CB10
    Good idea. I totally agree that I should stick to the default version for the time being. As far as the version I upgraded to, it is 10.2.0.123. I thought any 10.2 updates were leaked and there were no official versions out. If not, then something else is wrong with my phone because I kept checking for new updates every day over the past month or so... I was on a 10.1 version and my phone was telling me that I had the latest software. Weird!
    10-31-13 04:53 AM
    Good idea. I totally agree that I should stick to the default version for the time being. As far as the version I upgraded to, it is 10.2.0.123. I thought any 10.2 updates were leaked and there were no official versions out. If not, then something else is wrong with my phone because I kept checking for new updates every day over the past month or so... I was on a 10.1 version and my phone was telling me that I had the latest software. Weird!
    I see you are located in NY. So I presume you're on a US carrier? US carriers are not getting official 10.2 until "winter".
    10-31-13 05:42 AM
    I see you are located in NY. So I presume you're on a US carrier? US carriers are not getting official 10.2 until "winter".
    But you can forceload it using Sachesi if you want. Not exactly sure how.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 10:02 AM
    But you can forceload it using Sachesi if you want. Not exactly sure how.

Posted via CB10
    Point being... that's why you are not getting notifications...
    10-31-13 10:21 AM
    Point being... that's why you are not getting notifications...
    Yep

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 01:11 PM
    No sympathy for people who install OS leaks

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 02:31 PM
    No sympathy for people who install OS leaks

Posted via CB10
    Why not?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 03:11 PM