I'm looking for a bit of help and searching didn't result in too many useful results. My wife owns a Z10 and is travelling to the US right now. She wants to be able to block (firewall) incoming emails & text messages, but still allow BBM to work since in our experience the cost while roaming isn't that horrible. On my 9810 it's as simple as enabling the firewall and selecting to block emails and texts, thus allowing all other data to come through.

Apparently this option is either missing on the Z10 or has been moved. In any case, I don't have access to her phone right now (otherwise I'd tinker until I found something or gave up), and she's looking to me to give her over-the-phone instructions.

Anyone know how to go about this in BB10?

Thanks.
    07-07-13 08:55 AM
    Go to blackberry hub settings then to hub management then you can turn your text and messages off

Posted via CB10. -PlayBook & Z10-
    07-07-13 09:11 AM
    The hub does not turn it off, it merely suppresses the display. To turn off email, delete the account from the accounts application or turn off sync for it. As for the small, that is going to need carrier intervention

Posted via CB10
    cyblitz likes this.
    07-07-13 10:23 AM
    I'm looking for a bit of help and searching didn't result in too many useful results. My wife owns a Z10 and is travelling to the US right now. She wants to be able to block (firewall) incoming emails & text messages, but still allow BBM to work since in our experience the cost while roaming isn't that horrible. On my 9810 it's as simple as enabling the firewall and selecting to block emails and texts, thus allowing all other data to come through.

Apparently this option is either missing on the Z10 or has been moved. In any case, I don't have access to her phone right now (otherwise I'd tinker until I found something or gave up), and she's looking to me to give her over-the-phone instructions.

Anyone know how to go about this in BB10?

Thanks.
    Stopping incoming email is fairly easy -- did this myself a short while ago on a email account where I get a tone of attachment-heavy email. I kept it off until I was in the hotel with WiFi.
    Settings > Accounts > [email account]. Toggle "Sync Email" to off. Done.

As for stopping text messages... Sorry. Nothing I can see in settings.

Turning them off in the Hub Management under Hub Settings doesn't turn off the item -- it only prevents the item from being viewed in the Hub view.

Hope this helps. ecm

Edit: I see the answer was given while I was getting coffee...
    hauger likes this.
    07-07-13 10:38 AM
    Thanks for the response. Seems more difficult than the way of doing it on legacy BB's like my 9810. Hopefully a future update (10.2 ?) brings back something easier.

In the meantime though, the answers provided will do the trick.
    07-07-13 11:13 AM
    How do you block specific emails - ie spam - without shutting down the entire account?
    07-10-13 02:21 PM