So I'm only using my Z10 temporarily till the Q10 comes out and was wondering what is the easiest way to backup phone contacts and bbm contacts to transfer to my new phone when I get it??

Not interested in backing contacts on symcard

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 11:00 PM
    if you are not syncing to any cloud service like gmail or outlook dot com a BBlink backup should take care of it, BBM contacts are backed up online, once you input your BBID on your new device BBM contacts should be restored with out any issues
    02-19-13 11:04 PM
    Sync them to Hotmail or Outlook is the best way.

As for BBM contacts i am not sure as i have nobody on BBM, but i assume its samething.
    02-19-13 11:04 PM
    if you are not syncing to any cloud service like gmail or outlook dot com a BBlink backup should take care of it, BBM contacts are backed up online, once you input your BBID on your new device BBM contacts should be restored with out any issues
    Il check out BlackBerry Link tmr and see what it has for contact syncing

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 11:09 PM
    Sync them to Hotmail or Outlook is the best way.

As for BBM contacts i am not sure as i have nobody on BBM, but i assume its samething.
    How do you sync your contacts to Hotmail? Just click the sync contacts in the account options for my email on my phone?

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 11:10 PM
    Il check out BlackBerry Link tmr and see what it has for contact syncing

Posted via CB10
    It does it automatically on a full backup, there is no seperate options, it just does it.
    02-19-13 11:11 PM
    if you have a hotmail account you do need to have them already uploaded to it in order to sync from hotmail to device, the first sync has to be this way, after that any changes you do on device should sync back to hotmail
    02-19-13 11:12 PM
    if you have a hotmail account you do need to have them already uploaded to it in order to sync from hotmail to device, the first sync has to be this way, after that any changes you do on device should sync back to hotmail
    Ok so I enabled sync contacts and it added all these number and emails to my contacts list which I don't want, how can I delete these contacts?? Going into my Hotmail on a computer??

**Edit**
    So after going on my email threw the mobile version of Hotmail.com I see in my contacts there's a contact for groups I liked on fb, and other stupid stuff Iike that... why is all that there..
    Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 11:17 PM
    Ok so I enabled sync contacts and it added all these number and emails to my contacts list which I don't want, how can I delete these contacts?? Going into my Hotmail on a computer??

Posted via CB10
    is easier to do on a computer but you can also do it on device, tap and hold on one of those contacts you want to delete, when you get the menu at the right choose select multiple and choose all the contacts you want to delete
    02-19-13 11:19 PM
    is easier to do on a computer but you can also do it on device, tap and hold on one of those contacts you want to delete, when you get the menu at the right choose select multiple and choose all the contacts you want to delete
    Thats correct.

Now as to his FB contacts showing up in hotmail, well thats because he synced or linked them from FB to hotmail at some point in time.
    02-19-13 11:22 PM
    I think I have to go into Facebook and change a setting because i think it's added all my fb friends as well as groups I've liked on fb...

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 11:22 PM
    I think I have to go into Facebook and change a setting because i think it's added all my fb friends as well as groups I've liked on fb...

Posted via CB10
    you can hide them, from the contacts app, swipe down from the top and choose settings, and turn off the option to show contacts from facebook, or any other service you dont want
    02-19-13 11:26 PM
    That's already done, im talking about the contacts on my actual Hotmail contacts when I went to Hotmail.com and viewed the contact I have saved..

I don't even know why my fb contacts are saved there, and checked fb options and seen that there isn't even an option to save your fb contacts so I have no idea how they would get there

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 11:35 PM
    That's already done, im talking about the contacts on my actual Hotmail contacts when I went to Hotmail.com and viewed the contact I have saved..

I don't even know why my fb contacts are saved there, and checked fb options and seen that there isn't even an option to save your fb contacts so I have no idea how they would get there

Posted via CB10
    Did you by any chance connected your Hotmail account to Facebook or do you use windows 8?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 04:00 PM
    Did you by any chance connected your Hotmail account to Facebook or do you use windows 8?

Posted via CB10
    Ya it was linked with fb, I unlinked it and it removed all the fb contacts, how do I delete contacts tho, it doesn't give me an option

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 05:11 PM