Hi everyone, is it just me or does the z10 with the 10.2 update use quite a lot of data. I have 2 GB per months. With my old phone I had no problems making it over the months. Now I hardly make it 3 weeks. Behavior has not changed much. Facebook, surfing and that stuff, sometimes a video but that is rather an exception. Does the z10 with OS just use more data?

Cheers Thomas

Posted with my amazing Z10
    hindsketchup238 likes this.
    01-14-14 06:15 PM
    Hi everyone, is it just me or does the z10 with the 10.2 update use quite a lot of data. I have 2 GB per months. With my old phone I had no problems making it over the months. Now I hardly make it 3 weeks. Behavior has not changed much. Facebook, surfing and that stuff, sometimes a video but that is rather an exception. Does the z10 with OS just use more data?

No, there is nothing inherent in the OS that would use data unless you were doing something yourself or had installed an app that is using data.

Please go to Settings/About/OS and post the following:

OS Version
    Software Release version

Also, what carrier are you using?

Have you changed/added/updated any apps lately?
    01-14-14 06:39 PM
    The phone itself doesn't use data, it has to be some app that is using the data, and I don't know any app that would do this.

I've noticed that when you have limited data, you easily reach your limit, but when you have unlimited data, you hardly reach certain data amount even if you want to (unless you use torrents)

I'm constantly using data the entire month and never reach 5gb at the end of the month. That is with normal usage.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 07:08 PM

Cheers Thomas

When you say "old phone", are you referring to a BBOS phone? BIS vs Active Sync would be the difference if that's the case.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    01-14-14 07:36 PM
    Some apps needs to be constantly connected to Internet to give you an update information such as those apps monitoring weather and other media social apps... you have to check their behavior individually...

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 08:24 PM
    As mentioned by franchise, older BB phones used BIS which compressed all kinds of data in browsing and email collection. If it was another brand of phone, I don't know how they work.
    01-14-14 09:31 PM
    If your old phone was a legacy OS device people tended to use less data on them not just because of compression (which honestly doesn't help that much nowadays) but the simple fact is that because the newer device works with streaming media and multimedia in general much better and in higher resolutions, people tend to do it more and when they do they tend to stream higher res streams which transfer more data.

The phone itself doesn't use data, it has to be some app that is using the data...

Not really. There are plenty of native functions on the device that can use plenty of data depending on how they are being used. Email for one. And built-in apps like Facebook/LinkedIn/Maps etc, lots of things.
    01-14-14 11:09 PM

Cheers Thomas

If your coming off a blackberry 7 device or lower, then yes. BlackBerry 10 devices no longer compress data

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    01-15-14 12:15 AM