Hey BB Folks!
    Now it's about 3 months, since becoming a BB user and I'm pretty happy with my Z10.

Now the problem is...
    Whenever I don't forget about it, I use the 'NightMode' (not sure if its the right translation) to cut down
    all the wireless connections when I go to bed.
    Lately I discovered, that the battery is nearly 20 % lower, than the evening before.
    That's really odd. Did anyone of you discover the same? I'm gonna try it tomorrow without the 'NightMode'.
    Until then, i leave you with screenshots of the sections 'System' and 'Standby' from the 'DeviceMonitor'

Heavy Battery discharge while in 'NightMode' / overnight-img_20141004_105658.png
    Heavy Battery discharge while in 'NightMode' / overnight-img_20141004_105641.png
    10-10-14 02:25 AM
    Bedside mode.

Yeah, there have been plenty of reports. While it does cut the connections and dims the screen, I don't think it is doing much of a job stopping apps running in the background or requesting for data while you sleep, hence the drain...
    10-10-14 08:03 AM
    It's pretty useless charging the phone overnight. I stopped doing that years ago when I found that every morning the battery gets low

Encrypted on my Z10
    10-10-14 09:13 AM
    It's pretty useless charging the phone overnight. I stopped doing that years ago when I found that every morning the battery gets low

Encrypted on my Z10
    Heavy Battery discharge while in 'NightMode' / overnight-17-i-lol.jpg
    10-10-14 09:44 AM
    Did u setup your bedside mode to cut all connections? It doesn't do so automatically.
    In any case bedside mode is not the problem here. It's apps running all the time using Wifi or data plan when you're asleep.
    10-10-14 01:30 PM
    Don't use bedside mode. But as I'm on wifi-calling with cell radios turned off, I get very little drain over night. If you don't want to get calls anyway, you might try shutting off cell radios.
    10-10-14 01:59 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17-i-lol.jpg 
Views:	1103 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	304789
    Yes I did ! :-D

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    10-10-14 04:54 PM
    I've never understood the concept of not plugging your phone in overnight. It's the perfect time to charge it and I know I'm going to use it . For several years my teen daughter would wine that her stupid phone was dead several times a day and I would say did you plug it in over night as she let it charge for 10 minutes before unplugging it to resume texting. She would get all upset and say no that's to hard or she forgot. Now that she is an adult she plugs it in at night and a miracle happens, it lasts all day. So when someone say their phone lost x amount of power over night. I think why wasn't it plugged in and wall hugger

Posted via CB10
    misterabrasive and FF22 like this.
    10-10-14 05:01 PM
    OK, well it seems really odd.
    Last night I didn't use the bed mode, and it was just about the same.
    In fact it's always the 'system' that consumes way to much CPU time. Since last evening it's about 7.5 to 10 % cpu... I don't get it. it really is the system and no other app. And data plan was disabled, nothing downloaded, no nothing... what is going on?
    10-12-14 05:14 AM
    Did you reboot your phone?
    10-12-14 09:11 AM
    A lot of Z10 is plagued with battery draining up to 20% overnight and there's really not much you can do about it unless you update it to a leaked 10.3.0.11XX firmware. It helped with mine with the almost same problem.
    10-12-14 12:17 PM
    A lot of Z10 is plagued with battery draining up to 20% overnight and there's really not much you can do about it unless you update it to a leaked 10.3.0.11XX firmware. It helped with mine with the almost same problem.
    BS.

If you plug it in, it WILL NOT DRAIN.
    Traxxmy likes this.
    10-12-14 12:37 PM
    BS.

Definitely BS

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    10-12-14 12:59 PM
    I didn't know the poster plugged the phone in. Missed that, sorry. You can turn on bedside mode without plugging in, so I assumed he didn't plug it in.
    10-12-14 01:14 PM
    BS.

My Z10 remains stable at battery charge even when playing a heavy game. It sometimes loses one or 2 percent of charge, but thats it.

Never lost battery in bedside mode though, when plugged.

Posted via CB10 on my Smart Black Z10
    10-12-14 01:47 PM
    I didn't know the poster plugged the phone in. Missed that, sorry. You can turn on bedside mode without plugging in, so I assumed he didn't plug it in.
    Yeah, that's the whole issue here. He didn't plug it in and then apparently was astounded that the battery drained 20%.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    10-12-14 02:37 PM
    And he was astounded for the right reasons because 20% overnight drain is way too much.
    When I leave my phone not charging at night I'm loosing about 0.8% per hour so 8 hrs sleep results in about 7% drain.
    If the poster was more active in this thread I would be able to help him out maybe, but doesn't look he's too bothered.
    reeneebob likes this.
    10-12-14 04:15 PM
    Then I redact my apology. That problem is pretty common markus, you need to update to a more recent leak firmware.
    10-12-14 04:16 PM
    I reboot my phone at least once a week to clear out any Apps that maybe running in the background. I don't run into the sake issues as some people have pointed out.

Also, check your Apps the require some sort of seats update on a consistent basis. Example RSS news feeds. A lot of times they are set to update very frequently, sometimes every minute. Now imagine you have a ton of these applications running at the same time. Battery drain! I have set all these types of apps to manual update so it's when I'm in the app that I update the info. This also saves on data band width, too.

Rocking a Z10
    FF22 likes this.
    10-13-14 03:42 AM
    Double check your bedtime mode settings, specially if you are on 10.3.1. I found it does not come set to do anything by default. You have to teach it what to do (what to turn off, what to allow, etc).

Once that is done, I don't see any drain.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 09:50 AM