Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Headphones!!! What cha got?

Thought I'd start a thread to see what other Crackberrians are using for their headphone listening sessions with the BlackBerry Z10.
    Rules are simple...a quick write up on what model your using and how it sounds on your BlackBerry, if you have in line mic abilities let us know how the phone sounds while receiving a phone call and a couple pics to give readers a glimpse of your headphones. Also a shoutout to any of the music services your using your headphones with on your BlackBerry Z10.
    Thanks in advance to those participating.

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by 2:
    daquiksta (03-19-2013),  moyjoy (04-11-2013) 
    moyjoy, Serkle K and EsJayDee like this.
    CrackBerry User

I'm really interested by this topic! Please post your feedbacks. I would like to invest to new headphones with mic asap
    Thanked by:
    AsianStorm (04-07-2013) 
    EsJayDee likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Bose MIE2i in-ear headphones with inline 3-button mirophone for on the go. Sounds really good on the Z10, comparable to phones like iphone 4 and 5. Microphone quality apparently good, no complaints so far. Control buttons work for play/pause/skip foward/back and volume.

Bose AE2 around-ear headphones for more serious at home music listening. No mic or controls, very pleasant sound experience as well (for a phone and using itunes-bought music).

Logitech H800 bluetooth headset for wireless usage when doing things that makes the existance of wires hindering (housework etc). Full featured PC headset, so the usual control buttons for skipping, volume, play/pause, all working. Pairing is fast and apparently stable, microphone quality is good, listening to music is not as enjoyable as it is with the bose but that is to be expected with such a device on bluetooth.
    Thanked by 3:
    BernFlo (03-26-2013),  daquiksta (03-19-2013),  datgurl (03-19-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

So I'll start this off with what I'm using on my Z10...

For on the move I'm using my B&W P5's and they are great headphones with a balanced sound. Very luxurious with goat skin leather wrap on the ear pieces and headband. Well built and comfortable, if not slightly snug fitting. In line mic controls work flawlessly and call quality is very clear. One word of advice these puppies heat up around the ear pieces as they are leather.
    I use these for listening to FLAC music files that I have on my BlackBerry with the Neutron music player app. Also use Slacker Radio and 8track music services with them on the go.
    Headphones!!! What cha got?-img_00000137.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    Paulrobs7 (03-19-2013) 
    jdauria likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm using the Monster Diesel Vektr. The headphones itself sounds good, good balance between bass and vocals so when I'm feeling for Jazz or Hip hop it sounds good. As for how it works with the Z10, I find I enable the volume boost when I'm looking to blast my hip hop music, otherwise at regular volume max, it's ok but not LOUD enough. The only gripe I have is that on the Z10 the double click doesn't allow to switch to the next song. It works fine on my iPhone 5 and my Note 2. The stock iPhone earphones work well however, I can switch songs no problem. Oh well, I can live with it I guess. But otherwise though, calls using the headphones work well and I didn't get any complaints about sound quality nor do the incoming voice sound bad.
    I don't use other 3rd party players or music services so I can't comment on that.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Headphones!!! What cha got?-img_00000127.jpg

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

My other set that I use primarily at home for watching movies on my Z10 or PlayBook are the V - Moda crossfade lp's.
    They're a larger set with 50mm drivers and are very bass heavy but not so much that they drown out mids or higher frequencies. Inline mic controls work great and call quality is decent. The P5's are more balanced and controlled in their reproduction of music but these pump for bass biased music such as dub step or hip hop. Movies have that low frequency rumble which is great for action and dialogue is clear if not a little on the warm side. Super comfy and extremely well build. So many little nice touches the designers implemented...the kevlar covered cables the plush memory foam ear pieces and also the rugged carrying case for travel. not the most mobile of cans for on the go but they definitely get the job done and can take a beating. Plus Amazon always seems to have these on sale in a bunch of different color schemes, so there is plenty of choice to suit your personality.
    Lifetime warranty says it all.
    Headphones!!! What cha got?-img_00000139.jpg

Posted via CB10
    VaderZ10 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

I am reading these comments with hope, as I haven't used my Bold as a music player since the headphone jack input jammed and the phone was stuck in headphone mode (for a long 3 days). Has anyone had this happen on their new Z10? I am anticipating using mine (when I acquire it from TMobile....) as a personal portable music player as well, but the headphone jack issue makes me leery. I certainly don't want to break it out of the box. Looking forward to your input, folks!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Email me!

Bose Quiet Comfort 15 & a pair of Nokia Wireless Bluetooth headset, model #BH-503's
    CrackBerry Abuser

im running these bad boys..

a-JAYS One+ Earphones - Jays

great set of headphones and only spend $60.00 on them.
    Phone: current - HTC One past - Z10, SGS3, SGS2, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, BB9000, iPhone 3G, BB Curve, BB Pearl, iPhone 2, iPhone 1, Sony P990, Sony P900, Sony Ericsson T68i, Nokia 8890, various Nokias
    Tablet: Playbook Wifi
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    225 Global Posts

Nice to see some V-Moda crossfades LP here. Am dying to try them out.

I am rocking:

Ultrasone PRO 750
    Sennheiser HD598
    Denon AH-NC800 while travelling (plane)
    Sennheiser HD448

low cost:
    Superlux (a couple, amazing sound quality for ridiculous prices), worth every penny.

On the go:
    Sennheiser CX880
    Sennheiser CX400 II precision
    Ultimate Ears 500

low cost:
    Creative EP630
    Sennheiser CX300

Amps:
    Schiit Valhalla
    Schiit Asgard

DACs/Amps:
    NuForce icon HDP
    Fiio E7
    Fiio D3 (old one with Wolfson WM8805 digital receiver and CS4344 DAC for $29) :-)

Still dreaming of:
    Audeze LCD-2 and 3
    Sennheiser HD800 and 700 (but probably only managing Sennheiser Momentum ;-)

P.S.: Like that the iPhone has a proper line out (via adapter) so I can attach my mobile amp to it. Unfortunately the Z10 doesn't have this...but the sound quality is actually very nice.
    CrackBerry Genius

I use V-Moda Crossfade M100's

Headphones!!! What cha got?-img-20130307-00038.jpg

Posted via CB10
    9105>8520>8530>9930>Playbook(Wifi)/Z10/Waiting On Another..
    Just A Berliever....

Join Me On My Journey To Becoming A Hip/Hop Artiste!
    By Joining My Music Channel
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    786 Global Posts

My headphones are Denon AH-D600, and my in-earbuds are Phonak Audeo PFE 232...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

I'm using a pair of Atomic Floyd ear buds which provide superb sound both for music and in a call. Build quality is superb. I would recommend these to anyone. Used to have a pair of beats and the Atomics are in a different league.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Headphones!!! What cha got?-af.jpg  
    Z30 STA100-2 & 32GB Playbook
    CrackBerry Addict

does it not come with its own pair of headphones?
    Epic Falcon vs Squirrel Recorded by PlayBook | follow @offthehorse | Download my FREE game for PlayBook: Lowrider on AppWorld|
    8300-8800-8310-9000-9700-9800-9810-9900! Z10 PREORDERED!!
    XBOX Live Gamertag: Crunkatron
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

Atomic Floyd Super darts work find do you guys get a headphones option under system volume a see some one had a one but i dont see any thing when a have mind pulled in
    CrackBerry Addict

Im rocking Bose MIE2i mobile headset for when I'm working out. Sick quality for as ear bud style.

And when Im at work...Bose OE2 audio headphones

When Im at home...Bose QuietComfort® 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones

Yeah....Im a Bose guy.
    Thanked by:
    datgurl (03-19-2013) 
    creation75 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask

I was looking at picking up a pair of Beyerdynamic dt-770 Pro 80ohm, or the Custom one pro's.

Anybody have any feedback with either of these sets of cans?
    AT&T Blackberry Q10 | iPhone 5 64GB White on Verizon LTE

Twitter: http://twitter.com/folgrz <-- Follow me !!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

you guys get a headphones option under system volume a see some one had a one one a pic in there z10 crnt rember where it was tho but I don't see any thing when a have mine plugged in has any one got any thing for this?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Motorola S-9 Bluetooth headset, had them years, can't justify anything new as the sound from these is awesome.
    rottonj likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Bose ie2 for on the move and sennhieser hd600 at home. Will be looking to replace the bose as the wires have started to fray. Bose I find to be boomy in the bass and rolled off in the treble.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Schoshaii View Post
    My other set that I use primarily at home for watching movies on my Z10 or PlayBook are the V - Moda crossfade lp's.
    They're a larger set with 50mm drivers and are very bass heavy but not so much that they drown out mids or higher frequencies. Inline mic controls work great and call quality is decent. The P5's are more balanced and controlled in their reproduction of music but these pump for bass biased music such as dub step or hip hop. Movies have that low frequency rumble which is great for action and dialogue is clear if not a little on the warm side. Super comfy and extremely well build. So many little nice touches the designers implemented...the kevlar covered cables the plush memory foam ear pieces and also the rugged carrying case for travel. not the most mobile of cans for on the go but they definitely get the job done and can take a beating. Plus Amazon always seems to have these on sale in a bunch of different color schemes, so there is plenty of choice to suit your personality.
    Lifetime warranty says it all.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000139.jpg 
Views:	1783 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	142240

Posted via CB10
    I'm using these also when I'm on the go and travelling. Very comfortable, super durable and nice sound. I agree they are a bit bottom-end heavy but for movies and my EDM they are great! Look awesome too with a nice low profile
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts

Currently using the Bose IE2's... Most comfortable headphones i've owned. Love the sound quality and more so the comfort of it. Would highly recommend these (i bought mine at futureshop, my advice would be to get the warranty for them --> well worth it, they exchange them, no hassle. (during the first year - whenever they go bad, during the second year they send you a gift card for the value of the headphone and you choose to do whatever you wish with the card),
    CrackBerry User

I have the Bose, SIE2 Bose | SIE2 sport headphones | Audio and Mobile Headphones

Love them. They stay in your ears when you are working out, and the sound quality is amazing.
    CrackBerry Newbie

i'm rocking the Audio Technica ATH-M50's with my Z10.
    loving it...

Headphones!!! What cha got?-img3097.jpg
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast