Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By rjkolo
  • 1 Post By Masahiro
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ..._ _ _ ... my PlayBook has one too
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Headphones or Bluetooth

Looking for suggestions for good phone compatible headphones to use with my Z10. Also looking for suggestions for a new Bluetooth. Something that will make the Z10 even better.

Thanks!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,435 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask and we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by Serkle K View Post
    Looking for suggestions for good phone compatible headphones to use with my Z10. Also looking for suggestions for a new Bluetooth. Something that will make the Z10 even better.

Thanks!
    BT the one and only BH218 from Nokia!
    There are 10 types of people; those who understand binary, and those who don't...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    PIN
    333BF0BA

My personal preference is Bluetooth. I have a Jawbone ICON HD and Plantronics Voyager Pro UC. Both work great with the Z10.

The problem with the ICON is my own. I keep leaving it in pockets and they end up in the washing machine. There's a washed and broken ICON taped to my washing machine as a reminder to check pockets.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    My personal preference is Bluetooth. I have a Jawbone ICON HD and Plantronics Voyager Pro UC. Both work great with the Z10.

The problem with the ICON is my own. I keep leaving it in pockets and they end up in the washing machine. There's a washed and broken ICON taped to my washing machine as a reminder to check pockets.
    Haha, I have to admit that is funny as well as unfortunate. I have been eyeing those two BT devices, but I'm also looking for head phones for working out and as a backup to conserve battery.

I will look into prices for those two, though. Thank You!!

Posted via CB10
    Bold 9000 - Retired
    Torch 9800 - Deceased
    Torch 9810 - Retired
    BLACKBERRY Z10 - Active!!!
    PlayBook 64GB - Active
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    16,697 Global Posts

I use the Jawbone Era for my bluetooth and BOSE earbuds and headphones. They work for ME ....
    CrackBerry Addict

For me, I favour as much battery life as possible so I prefer a headphone. And a "good" phone compatible headphone is the new apple earbuds in my opinion. It's good for the average user.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Young Z View Post
    For me, I favour as much battery life as possible so I prefer a headphone. And a "good" phone compatible headphone is the new apple earbuds in my opinion. It's good for the average user.
    I'm definitely looking for something that has as much functionality as possible. I guess if I had to describe my needs and wants, I'd say something good for being active as well as leisure and can give me more than just a mic and speaker, if possible some phone controls as well, if they're available.

Posted via CB10
    Bold 9000 - Retired
    Torch 9800 - Deceased
    Torch 9810 - Retired
    PlayBook 64GB - Active
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    942 Global Posts

Why not the best of both worlds and get a pair of Bluetooth headphones. I have an older pair of the Motorolla SD9 and love them...the newer ones are much better, and a ton of function.
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.
    Serkle K likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by rjkolo View Post
    Why not the best of both worlds and get a pair of Bluetooth headphones. I have an older pair of the Motorolla SD9 and love them...the newer ones are much better, and a ton of function.
    I agree. I can never go back to wired headphones for mobile use. The cord got caught on my elbow or something once, which sent my 9900 flying out of my hand and onto the sidewalk.

Check out products like the Plantronics Backbeat Go (which I'm currently using) or the Jaybird Bluebuds X which I don't personally own since it's a little pricey.
    Last edited by Masahiro; 03-29-2013 at 02:45 PM.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
    Thanked by:
    Serkle K (03-29-2013) 
    Serkle K likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Masahiro View Post
    I agree. I can never go back to wired headphones for mobile use. The cord got caught on my elbow or something once, which sent my 9900 flying out of my hand and onto the sidewalk.

Check out products like the Plantroncis Backbeat Go or the Jaybird Bluebuds X which I don't personally own since it's a little pricey.
    Thanks, I'll have to check those out!

Posted via CB10
    Bold 9000 - Retired
    Torch 9800 - Deceased
    Torch 9810 - Retired
    PlayBook 64GB - Active
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Serkle K View Post
    I'm definitely looking for something that has as much functionality as possible. I guess if I had to describe my needs and wants, I'd say something good for being active as well as leisure and can give me more than just a mic and speaker, if possible some phone controls as well, if they're available.

Posted via CB10
    The new iPhone earbuds has as much functionality as I've seen in other phone if not more when plugged into the Z10(see my note about the mute option). It has the volume buttons and the clicker button.

Using it for the Z10
    -The volume buttons:
    [is obviously for the volume control]
    [in the music app, if you long press the volume up, it skips to the next song]
    [in the music app, if you long press the volume down, it skips to the previous song]

-The clicker button:
    [long click brings up the voice command prompt]
    [fast click answers the phone]
    [while in a phone conversation, a fast click will mute the phone**]
    [while in a phone conversation, a long click will end the phone conversation]

Haven't found anything that uses a double click or a triple click yet, but reading the cascades/qnx api, I can see a third-party app easily programming a double click or triple click into their app.

**just found this out today when I tried hanging up with a quick click but just ended up muting the person, I don't think the iPhone had this capability so that was a pleasant surprise and very useful.
    Last edited by Young Z; 03-29-2013 at 04:15 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

I get the best of both worlds by using the Sony Ericsson MW600 bluetooth headset.

JB

Posted from my brain via CB10
    If I've helped you or given you a healthy dose of reality, click the Like or Thanks button
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post

Omg! Just made my day lol. Thought I was the only one who did things like this xD

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by Young Z View Post
    The new iPhone earbuds has as much functionality as I've seen in other phone if not more when plugged into the Z10(see my note about the mute option). It has the volume buttons and the clicker button.

Using it for the Z10
    -The volume buttons:
    [is obviously for the volume control]
    [in the music app, if you long press the volume up, it skips to the next song]
    [in the music app, if you long press the volume down, it skips to the previous song]

-The clicker button:
    [long click brings up the voice command prompt]
    [fast click answers the phone]
    [while in a phone conversation, a fast click will mute the phone**]
    [while in a phone conversation, a long click will end the phone conversation]

Haven't found anything that uses a double click or a triple click yet, but reading the cascades/qnx api, I can see a third-party app easily programming a double click or triple click into their app.

**just found this out today when I tried hanging up with a quick click but just ended up muting the person, I don't think the iPhone had this capability so that was a pleasant surprise and very useful.
    My ear buds that came with my old ipod also work with the Z10. I can activate voice command and scroll through music, all just like you mentioned. I wonder if other iPhone and iPod headphones will work the same way?!

Posted via CB10
    Bold 9000 - Retired
    Torch 9800 - Deceased
    Torch 9810 - Retired
    PlayBook 64GB - Active
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Masahiro View Post
    Check out products like the Plantronics Backbeat Go (which I'm currently using) or the Jaybird Bluebuds X which I don't personally own since it's a little pricey.
    I use the JayBirdGear BlueBuds X daily. I wish these earbuds provided a microphone for voice calls allowing me to ditch my Jawbone earpiece. For comfort the JayBirdGear BlueBuds cannot be beat.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by kill_9 View Post
    I use the JayBirdGear BlueBuds X daily. I wish these earbuds provided a microphone for voice calls allowing me to ditch my Jawbone earpiece. For comfort the JayBirdGear BlueBuds cannot be beat.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    Oh really? They don't have a microphone? I figured that was standard. Oh well. I don't talk on the phone much while commuting and listening to music.
    Blatant placeholder signature.