Most of the time when I plug in my headphones, the voice control thing pops up. And I've got that turned off in the settings! And just now I could listen to YouTube through my headphones, but when I opened Pandora website it only played through the speaker. Wtf?

I swear I'm not pushing the buttons on the side.. kind if annoying having to plug my headphones in multiple times just for the phone to recognize what's going on.

I've got Azurion insurance through Verizon. Should I have them check it out? Only had this for less than a week.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 11:39 PM
    Most of the time when I plug in my headphones, the voice control thing pops up. And I've got that turned off in the settings! And just now I could listen to YouTube through my headphones, but when I opened Pandora website it only played through the speaker. Wtf?

I swear I'm not pushing the buttons on the side.. kind if annoying having to plug my headphones in multiple times just for the phone to recognize what's going on.

I've got Azurion insurance through Verizon. Should I have them check it out? Only had this for less than a week.

Posted via CB10
    This is with the stock headphones? Do you have another headphone with controls to use on it?

But yeah, I would return it, that would drive me crazy too.
    04-03-13 11:43 PM
    Have you tried a different set of headphones? Either your headphones are faulty, or the headphone jack is.

Personally, i'd try a different set of headphones (ideally, ones with controls on them to see why the voice control is popping up). You could also take your headphones to the demo Z10 at the store to see if they cause the same issue...

Edit: beat me to it. Yeah, i'd return the phone. Sounds like a faulty headphone jack.
    04-03-13 11:45 PM
    Tried two different pairs. Yea going to Verizon tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 11:45 PM
    Reboot got the sound going through my headphones again, just like last time. Voice command still pops up though.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 11:52 PM
    Just played with it for a bit. Seems as though there's some sort of pressure point either from squeezing the bottom or the pressure of the jack going in.. don't think it's a firmware issue, definitely a hardware issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 12:24 AM
    Just played with it for a bit. Seems as though there's some sort of pressure point either from squeezing the bottom or the pressure of the jack going in.. don't think it's a firmware issue, definitely a hardware issue.

Posted via CB10
    In which case, if you're within your week trial or whatever the us carriers offer us now, just go back with it. Better safe than sorry for sure.

Posted via CB10 - FINALLY
    04-04-13 12:50 AM
    If you are using something designed for an iphone, don't. I believe they are more shallow by design.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-04-13 12:54 AM
    If you are using something designed for an iphone, don't. I believe they are more shallow by design.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think that's it. Been using the newest apple earbuds for a month now on the Z10 and no issue, every signals work. I use the earbuds extensively too.

And it would be hard to find any headphones these day that is not design with the iPhone also in mind, it's a numbers games to the manufacturers.
    04-04-13 01:05 AM
    I don't think that's it. Been using the newest apple earbuds for a month now on the Z10 and no issue, every signals work. I use the earbuds extensively too.

And it would be hard to find any headphones these day that is not design with the iPhone also in mind, it's a numbers games to the manufacturers.
    On my 9900 using the new Apple earbuds was a major issue. It wouldn't always recognize I had earphones in and would switch rapidly between speaker and headphones till I wiggled it into place. Now on the z10 they work fine, though I did observe they are a bit shallower. But not much. Just thought I'd share my experience on past devices

Posted via CB10 - FINALLY
    04-04-13 01:08 AM
    Just saying that my white ipod headphones don't fully seat, where my others fully click into the jack.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 01:08 AM
    Get it replaced! Definitely a defect!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 01:09 AM
    Having the same issue. I will also try another pair of headphones when I'm back home.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 01:55 AM
    Well I tried two other earphones and an audio jack in my car. I took it to Verizon and the guy couldn't get it to mess up for him... of course. Then I noticed he was doing it too fast. It takes a second for it to pop up. So demonstrated for him.

Next he told me to do a factory reset... well z10 doesn't necessarily do that. So we did a security wipe. Dumbass, how's me removing all my contacts going to help?

So I demonstrated for him again that it still does it, and of course he can't duplicate.

Anyways it seems a little better now, because before it would mess up all the time.. I'm thinking maybe we 'broke it in' a little. Sounds stupid but idk how else to explain.

Said he annotated and come by if it persists... thanks dude

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 05:35 PM
    I need to send mine back I tried 3 different headphones and none of them worked.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 02:43 AM
    Never mind actually. Someone online said to try to remove the SD card and putting it back in. guess what - I can now hear something. I'm so happy

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 02:56 AM