I have Verizon so I'm on .2039 but when I use HDR, all my pictures are blurry. Is there a special way to use HDR? I'm not sure what the benefit is of it.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 03:29 PM
    you need to hold it very still .....
    Prince Radebe likes this.
    07-31-13 03:32 PM
    That's a really early version of the HDR
    HDR does post-processing, so you need to make sure the original picture is actually clear

I take HDR photos like I always do. What you want to make sure of is you don't move the camera, etc
    What it does is takes 3 pictures of different exposures, then compares and processes them
    07-31-13 03:33 PM
    Remember that HDR is not for moving objects, so be still. Enable HDR Photo Capture to save the original picture together with your HDR picture.
    07-31-13 03:37 PM
    Sure it's just the HDR?
    Make sure focus your shot, drag that square in the middle. It gives you a vast amount of freedom and power over your shot compared to others that are stuck on full auto.
    newcollector likes this.
    07-31-13 03:37 PM
    As many have pointed out correctly (I am a professional photographer) HDR is a technique that is ONLY for images of non-moving subjects and where the camera also doesn't move during the exposure. Otherwise the images will be blurred. Same is true even if shot with a pro camera.

Moreover, the HDR technique will not show a noticeable improvement on many shots. It is mostly useful for a scene that has a very wide dynamic range -- meaning deep shadowy areas and also very bright areas.

I wish BlackBerry actually had a pop up warning when you select this mode so people avoid using it for regular casual photos, because as we see many people unfamiliar with the technique just think it is a bad implementation.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 03:39 PM
    Cool, another HDR thread. Ok,
    I'm done. Carry on.

".....I thought to myself....." Yes, we all do that.
    07-31-13 03:42 PM
    OK, fine. HDR is actually a pre-publish format. To be accessed with a manipulation program such as Photoshop. It is not meant to produce 'publish ready' photos unless you shoot only portraits with it. I've been using HDR for years and love it. Now, carry on.

07-31-13 03:51 PM
    As many have pointed out correctly (I am a professional photographer) HDR is a technique that is ONLY for images of non-moving subjects and where the camera also doesn't move during the exposure. Otherwise the images will be blurred. Same is true even if shot with a pro camera.

Moreover, the HDR technique will not show a noticeable improvement on many shots. It is mostly useful for a scene that has a very wide dynamic range -- meaning deep shadowy areas and also very bright areas.

I wish BlackBerry actually had a pop up warning when you select this mode so people avoid using it for regular casual photos, because as we see many people unfamiliar with the technique just think it is a bad implementation.

Posted via CB10
    Addressing your last paragraph, a gamut warning as well as an on screen histogram would be nice.

07-31-13 03:54 PM
    HDR camera mode causing blurry pictures-img_00000757.jpg

Taken in Hdr mode.

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    08-10-13 09:37 AM
    I can take amazingly high quality hdr shots on the Z10. Compared to hdr on Samsung and iPhone, the Z10 hdr mode is by far the best of them.

It's all about who is using the camera not the camera itself.

When u have extreme low and high light, it composes multiple shots. For example

No hdr

HDR camera mode causing blurry pictures-img_00001511.jpg

Hdr

HDR camera mode causing blurry pictures-img_00001511_hdr.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 11:24 AM
    The reason why HDR requires a still subject is because it takes multiple shots at different exposures then combines them into a "perfect" shot where bright areas are not blown out, and details are not lost in darker areas. Moving objects are going to appear in different places in each shot as they're moving, resulting in blur.
    08-10-13 11:43 AM