Hdmi out has never worked since getting the phone. Over the last year tried on about 6 tvs with multiple different cords. What could I be doing wrong?
    07-02-14 11:21 AM
    I would say that trying over a year period with multiple OS versions, on multiple TV and with multiple cords... that it just doesn't work.

There are some setting in SETTINGS > DISPLAY... at the very bottom when an HDMI connection is made, but I've never had to change these to get it to work.
    07-02-14 11:33 AM
    Might be beyond warranty but if you have insurance, you might check as it sounds as if the phone is defective with that many attempts.

Mine works. The screen is mirrored to the tv. Just did it the other day with a friend's tv to show my trip dvd's. You do know that you have to select the correct INPUT ON THE TV. That would vary. For instance the other day, we had to find hdmi3 or their tv. As a matter of fact, shocked my friend when I hooked up HIS Android phone to my micro-hdmi and his phone screen on the tv - they have never explored that function.
    07-02-14 12:19 PM