So I have wifi on my phone and call my friend with HD calling and it works. It shows on the right hand side of my friend's name. Then I try calling him with out wifi and it didn't show HD calling anymore.

Can someone try this out and confirm it.

Thank you.

Batberry Z10
    03-25-13 01:55 AM
    HD audio runs through the HSPA+ network (not LTE) when you call someone who has a device that also supports HD audio. Some landline / corporate phones support this too. Assuming you called the friend on the same device the reason why you may not have got HD on the second call is because either you or him may have not been on the HSPA+ network. There shouldn't be any correlation to HD audio and WiFi.
    03-25-13 07:55 AM
    Ditto. This would be pure coincidence.
    03-25-13 08:17 AM
    HD audio runs through the HSPA+ network (not LTE) when you call someone who has a device that also supports HD audio. Some landline / corporate phones support this too. Assuming you called the friend on the same device the reason why you may not have got HD on the second call is because either you or him may have not been on the HSPA+ network. There shouldn't be any correlation to HD audio and WiFi.
    When I call my gf I'm on Rogers that offers LTE and 4G (HSPA+) as separate bands, and my phone drops to 4G when I make a call or receive a call, and she's on 4G HSPA+ as well on her Z10 but neither of us get HD calling
    03-25-13 08:41 AM
    What is this HD calling you speak of?
    007Storm likes this.
    03-25-13 08:48 AM
    When I call my gf I'm on Rogers that offers LTE and 4G (HSPA+) as separate bands, and my phone drops to 4G when I make a call or receive a call, and she's on 4G HSPA+ as well on her Z10 but neither of us get HD calling
    Interesting, I'm not sure what's going on here. Indeed the phone should drop from LTE to HSPA+ for all voice calls, but if you're both on Z10s and the HSPA+ network, the call should go in HD Audio. Perhaps make sure you both have the updated OS?
    03-25-13 10:03 AM
    It's a technology that gives you better quality calls - pretty much identical to regular landline voice calls.
    03-25-13 10:04 AM
    Interesting, I'm not sure what's going on here. Indeed the phone should drop from LTE to HSPA+ for all voice calls, but if you're both on Z10s and the HSPA+ network, the call should go in HD Audio. Perhaps make sure you both have the updated OS?
    ya we both have the newest OS installed. Oh well, not the end of the world for us... Would like to try HD calling sometime and see if I can notice the difference
    03-25-13 10:26 AM
    I'm going to try it again when I finish work and see if it dose it again.

Batberry Z10
    03-25-13 01:26 PM
    I think you need a HDMI cable to get HD. Lol
    Protocol 2001 likes this.
    03-25-13 01:35 PM
    So, my wife has a Z10, and when we speak on HD I find it sounds really tinny/hollow

It is crystal clear, but doesn't sound "Better" to me.
    Jmo

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 02:01 PM
    ok I googled and it looks like HD voice is something that, when support phones / carriers are on a call, it uses data to help with the clarity? Something to that effect at least. I don't expect to encounter it very often, but cool nonetheless!
    03-25-13 02:20 PM