Had my first HD call come through on my Z10 day, and the call quality was stunning.. compared to the iPhone, night and day, very impressed.
    03-01-13 12:42 PM
    Had my first HD call come through on my Z10 day, and the call quality was stunning.. compared to the iPhone, night and day, very impressed.
    What network are you on?
    03-01-13 12:45 PM
    I'm happy to see you are pleased with your Z10 but I am very sad to see that every post on this forum compares this phone to the iSheep.

Honestly... they're different phones. They aren't comparable. Apples next phone is going to have to be something really different or people are going to wake up out of their iComas and start noticing other GREAT phones like the Z10 and upcoming Q10.

No need to compare - we already know its better. Its why we already have the Z10.

-Chris-
    03-01-13 12:45 PM
    IPhone 5 has hd voice too btw. No trolling just saying. I still prefer my z10 tho. I catch myself swiping up on my iPhone now hahaa

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 12:46 PM
    iPhone 5 supports HD Voice too and it sounds equally stunning.. ;-)
    03-01-13 12:47 PM
    I'm happy to see you are pleased with your Z10 but I am very sad to see that every post on this forum compares this phone to the iSheep.

Honestly... they're different phones. They aren't comparable. Apples next phone is going to have to be something really different or people are going to wake up out of their iComas and start noticing other GREAT phones like the Z10 and upcoming Q10.

No need to compare - we already know its better. Its why we already have the Z10.

-Chris-
    Well Chris, to be fair, people are going to compare it to the phone that they have.. I have an iPhone5.. so its natural that I will compare it to what I have.. considering that I want to move from my Apple to the Z10 once I have the apps I need.
    03-01-13 12:47 PM
    IPhone 5 has hd voice too btw. No trolling just saying. I still prefer my z10 tho. I catch myself swiping up on my iPhone now hahaa

Posted via CB10
    I know.. but I've never had a call that sounded as clear as today.. either that or you just don't notice it.. the fact I had an HD logo appear I noticed as I went to hang up after thinking it sounded like I was on one of my office phones.

Network is Voda btw
    03-01-13 12:48 PM
    I have the iPhone 5 and I have the Z10 and the iPhone 5 sounds better (clearer). I'm on Vodafone Germany.
    Of course this can be due to the fact that the Z10 isn't officially available yet in Germany and maybe a Vodafone specific update (which I already had, surprisingly...after inserting my Vodafone SIM into the new Z10 a couple of weeks ago) will improve call quality. Right now, it is nothing to write home about and the iPhone 5 works really well.

What FW do you have on your iPhone 5? Do you have a Jailbreak (some non-approved apps can detoriate call quality substantially)? I'm sorry but this is actually the first time I heard that.
    Are you sure you own an iPhone 5?!
    03-01-13 12:52 PM
    6.1 and yes I know what phone I have

No, its not jail broken.. all stock.. as I said, it may be I've just never really noticed it before, as the iPhone doesn't have a logo to shove in your face to tell you.
    03-01-13 01:07 PM
    I better be careful what I write on here.. people seem to get very passionate and hot under the collar if people suggest one phone is better than another.. Sorry, I thought I was on a BlackBerry forum discussing the Z10.... ill get my coat
    03-01-13 01:13 PM
    iPhone 5 supports HD Voice too and it sounds equally stunning.. ;-)
    Fake HD

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 01:24 PM
    6.1 and yes I know what phone I have

No, its not jail broken.. all stock.. as I said, it may be I've just never really noticed it before, as the iPhone doesn't have a logo to shove in your face to tell you.
    The current iPhone 5 FW is 6.1.2. Just saying...
    Passionate discussion? What is wrong about that? As long as it doesn't get personal...
    You made a claim, I replied. I own both, the iPhone 5 and Z10, too. So where's the problem?!
    03-01-13 01:26 PM
    Fake HD

Posted via CB10
    *face palm*
    03-01-13 01:27 PM
    I have a question as a newbie. What are the conditions to get HD call quality ?
    03-01-13 01:28 PM
    Fake HD

Posted via CB10
    Fake HD? So there is fake HD and real HD?
    Oh boy, I love these comments.
    jdhooghe and bbrog like this.
    03-01-13 01:28 PM
    I have a question as a newbie. What are the conditions to get HD call quality ?
    1. Your device needs to support it
    2. Your carrier needs to support it

That simple.
    03-01-13 01:32 PM
    When my wife calls from her iphone 5 to my z10 the quality is stunning.
    03-01-13 01:37 PM
    No problem at all sir

Maybe I just never had someone call me on my iPhone from another HD device / network besides, I hardly ever make voice calls, maybe thats why I noticed.. texting / emails / twitter / facebook.. whats a voice call?!
    I'm not sure but I think Matt is lying about his HD experience:
    HD Voice - Vodafone eForum

Vodafone UK does not support HD Voice yet. Now what?
    I have the iPhone 5 and I have the Z10 and the iPhone 5 sounds better (clearer). I'm on Vodafone Germany.
    Of course this can be due to the fact that the Z10 isn't officially available yet in Germany and maybe a Vodafone specific update (which I already had, surprisingly...after inserting my Vodafone SIM into the new Z10 a couple of weeks ago) will improve call quality. Right now, it is nothing to write home about and the iPhone 5 works really well.
    Do you get the HD symbol on your Z10 when you make a call, if not it won't sound as good...

I don’t have an iPhone to compare with but the call quality on the Z10 has been pretty stunning…
    03-01-13 01:38 PM
    I'm not sure but I think Matt is lying about his HD experience:
    HD Voice - Vodafone eForum

Vodafone UK does not support HD Voice yet. Now what?
    Well then that would be even more awesome No HD yet able to compete against handsets with HD.
    03-01-13 01:40 PM
    Do you get the HD symbol on your Z10 when you make a call, if not it won't sound as good...

I don’t have an iPhone to compare with but the call quality on the Z10 has been pretty stunning…
    Vodafone Germany, like Vodafone UK, does not support HD Voice.
    You know...human imagination...strong as always.
    The call quality of the Z10 is similar to the SGS3 but not as good as the iPhone 5. Not talking HD Voice here since I can't try it.
    Btw: My old 9900 has a better call quality than my Z10.
    03-01-13 01:41 PM
    Well then that would be even more awesome No HD yet able to compete against handsets with HD.
    He claimed that he saw the HD logo...
    Sorry but this is really getting ridiculous...
    03-01-13 01:42 PM
    No, HD is not exclusive to the Z10. Yes, it is spectacular.

I mentioned in another thread that the first time I called Z10-to-Z10 with my wife that she actually handed her phone around the office so other people could hear how good the quality was. We were both floored.
    03-01-13 01:47 PM
    He claimed that he saw the HD logo...
    Sorry but this is really getting ridiculous...
    ...Blackberries are not infallible and do not work perfectly. :/ You people...
    03-01-13 01:53 PM
36 12