Pull the battery after installing. Wait a couple of minutes and reboot. Worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 08:25 PM
    What trouble, what update?
    07-30-13 08:28 PM
    Pull the battery after installing. Wait a couple of minutes and reboot. Worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    Dont lol! Just give it time and it will work fine, but pulling the battery will eventually ruin it

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-30-13 08:28 PM
    And how does removing the battery ruin it? That's a rather lame thing to say. I suppose next thing you will say is using a charger that's a higher amperage will damage it too.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 08:44 PM
    And how does removing the battery ruin it? That's a rather lame thing to say. I suppose next thing you will say is using a charger that's a higher amperage will damage it too.

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=833850

07-30-13 08:48 PM
    Uhm, yeah. I said I let it boot an then after seeing problems I pulled the battery. Not while it was booting. Don't know why you're trolling here on your IPhone anyway.

Posted via CB10
    kevxn likes this.
    07-30-13 08:56 PM
    For me, after I updated, I wasn't able to open my text messages with a tap. I had to hold down then click 'Reply'.

I tried the reboot and refresh of the HUB. Neither worked. I then went back into the Software Update setting in settings, and it said an OS update was available. I reinstalled which corrected everything.

I had read that it'll take a bit for the phone to 'catch up', and so I just left it alone for a while. When I eventually used it again it was fluid

Posted via CB10
    UnlimitedEra likes this.
    07-30-13 08:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    Actually it's not lame. If you pull the battery before it finished booting up you will/can soft brick. Even though you say after installing people may take the phone locking at 100% on booting as the install being complete. You don't need to do battery pulls on bb10 like you did with legacy bbos.
    BigBadWulf and UnlimitedEra like this.
    07-30-13 09:06 PM
    Actually, pulling the battery without booting it down first IS bad for the phone, just as yanking the plug on a pc is. You still didn't answer my initial questions, so your attempt at help might be of some.
    UnlimitedEra likes this.
    07-30-13 09:06 PM
    10.1.4 something. Look around its there. I suppose from now on, I won't offer any help. I would have thought that people would know to shutdown first. Enjoy the os and the forums. Better things to do than be hassled for trying to help.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 09:16 PM
    10.1.4 something. Look around its there. I suppose from now on, I won't offer any help. I would have thought that people would know to shutdown first. Enjoy the os and the forums. Better things to do than be hassled for trying to help.

Posted via CB10
    Helping is fine but not if it's wrong advice.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    UnlimitedEra likes this.
    07-30-13 09:44 PM
    Mine stuck at 100 percent now after update trying a restore now,. pissed now. time for a new phone i think. this thing is a hunk of crap since 10.1
    07-30-13 10:45 PM
    You might have a look at this post. And, BTW, maybe someone needs to post a sticky on how to upgrade.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rs-ago-833720/
    07-30-13 11:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    You weren't hassled for helping, nor were you hassled at all. The first post required much more detail, so those not in the know don't turn good advise into disaster. I'd encourage you to both continue to help, and continue to learn, as I do daily.

Helping is fine but not if it's wrong advice.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    Exactly

Mine stuck at 100 percent now after update trying a restore now,. pissed now. time for a new phone i think. this thing is a hunk of crap since 10.1
    Something went dang wrong. Read through the linked thread above. Probably will require loading a leak, since they install with the phone off.

I can say with certainty, 10.1 is great on the Z. Have two, and have loaded every leak available on them. You may need a new phone, but probably not.
    Carjackd likes this.
    07-30-13 11:44 PM
    It took about 10 minutes to update and install. The reboot took close to 5 minutes. After that the HUB took 2 minutes to get prepared. So far all working well. I guess we all need to be patient and trust it will just need some time.
    07-31-13 12:31 AM
    Give it time and it will boot. It took me an hour and a half to boot, so don't worry

07-31-13 01:32 PM